What makes you happy today?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Feeling raindrops on a smoky day.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

The fact it will finally be easier for me to talk to the other students when I go back to school coz the Victorian government banned the phones from schools.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:The fact it will finally be easier for me to talk to the other students when I go back to school coz the Victorian government banned the phones from schools.
It won't work. It's being implemented in WA too, but there are so many issues at the school I went to, where not having phones could/will be detrimental to some students work.

As an example from when I was a student - multiple times I needed to do some further studying about a subject, and the library yielded no results. So having the ability to use your phone discreetly while working made things a lot easier than having to go to your teacher, ask for a note to go to a computer, and having to find a spare computer (if it wasn't taken up by other students).

I see why they've put the rule in. But there are going to be cases where no phones will make student life just that little bit more horrible. Having a phone around near a fight will 9/10 times result in a video being recorded, and that video can be used as evidence to suspend student/s for fighting (not that my school did anything when it came to bullying...).

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
MotorOmnibus8562

Off The Rails wrote:
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:The fact it will finally be easier for me to talk to the other students when I go back to school coz the Victorian government banned the phones from schools.
It won't work. It's being implemented in WA too, but there are so many issues at the school I went to, where not having phones could/will be detrimental to some students work.

As an example from when I was a student - multiple times I needed to do some further studying about a subject, and the library yielded no results. So having the ability to use your phone discreetly while working made things a lot easier than having to go to your teacher, ask for a note to go to a computer, and having to find a spare computer (if it wasn't taken up by other students).

I see why they've put the rule in. But there are going to be cases where no phones will make student life just that little bit more horrible. Having a phone around near a fight will 9/10 times result in a video being recorded, and that video can be used as evidence to suspend student/s for fighting (not that my school did anything when it came to bullying...).

Cheers! :wink:

At my school, it's a lot more different, we will use laptops for researching and can access my local newspaper.

EDIT: The school I'm going to will have a lot of security cameras so there won't really be a reason to have a phone to record a fight as evidence when reporting it because it would pretty much be caught camera, the rules at that school will be quite strict so they can basically allow the students themselves to run the school instead of the teachers.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
JRBUS123
Favourite Vehicle: Ventura Volgren Optimus

Post by JRBUS123 »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:The fact it will finally be easier for me to talk to the other students when I go back to school because the Victorian government banned the phones from schools.
You can still bring them to school, but you just can't use it as soon as you get there. It has to be kept away in your bag from the start of school to the end.

In my opinion I think it's a good idea that the Government has launched this.
MotorOmnibus8562

JRBUS123 wrote:
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:The fact it will finally be easier for me to talk to the other students when I go back to school because the Victorian government banned the phones from schools.
You can still bring them to school, but you just can't use it as soon as you get there. It has to be kept away in your bag from the start of school to the end.

In my opinion I think it's a good idea that the Government has launched this.
Yes, especially, since there are so many people my age at my who just only seem to just focus on likes, and also from the cyberbullying across social media involving kids. Why is a smartphone even called a 'smartphone' when it just makes people dumb, that's why the government wants phones to be banned from schools.

My (now previous) school banned snapchat a few months back because it had A million hits in the system and I've also heard of another school that banned TikTok because students were sending pictures of genitals to each other :shock:

Here are more things that make me happy today:

Everyone standing up to us as the country burns
A possible visit to Melbourne
The fact that more Greta buses (Electric and hybrids) were delivered to bus operaters and Scania built its first hybrid vehicle....
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
JRBUS123

Post by JRBUS123 »

Being able to do Go-Karting 8) 8) 8) a few weeks ago on a decent track during the summer holidays. Honestly it's a lot of fun being able to move around in Go karts (funny thing: the ones I went on are capable of reaching 60km/h).
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• That Andrew Constance has stood down from being transport minister - but unfortunately it's only temporary.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

^ better the devil you know I say, at least while a Liberal/National government is in.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
MotorOmnibus8562

Blue skies again.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

Greyhound making the right decision by not working with adani's mine.

Admin- some text deleted.

:D :D :D :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Swift

Post by Swift »

That snobby blonde politician resigned. Smugness can only persist so long before your corrupt conduct is the death of you.
scott

Post by scott »

As a result of McKenzie's resignation, Barnaby Joyce is challenging for the Nationals leadership.

ScoMo going down in the polls, his response to the bushfires has really angered voters. If things do not improve and keep going downhill, we may potentially see another spill and end up with yet another change of PM.

He may be more use in Hawaii.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

scott wrote:ScoMo going down in the polls, his response to the bushfires has really angered voters. If things do not improve and keep going downhill, we may potentially see another spill and end up with yet another change of PM.
During the last decade, this business of playing "Musical PMs" has made our political system the laughing stock of the world.

When you know you'll be turfed out at the first sign of slumping poll results, what's the point in taking any responsibility when someone else will inevitably have to clean up the mess you leave behind? Instead of pointless conjecture from the media about leadership spills and polling results (which are rigged, anyway), why don't we ask our leaders to take some responsibility? What did or didn't cause the fires is one matter, but the way in which the various levels of Government responded is another.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Merc1107 wrote:
scott wrote:ScoMo going down in the polls, his response to the bushfires has really angered voters. If things do not improve and keep going downhill, we may potentially see another spill and end up with yet another change of PM.
During the last decade, this business of playing "Musical PMs" has made our political system the laughing stock of the world.

When you know you'll be turfed out at the first sign of slumping poll results, what's the point in taking any responsibility when someone else will inevitably have to clean up the mess you leave behind? Instead of pointless conjecture from the media about leadership spills and polling results (which are rigged, anyway), why don't we ask our leaders to take some responsibility? What did or didn't cause the fires is one matter, but the way in which the various levels of Government responded is another.
This whole spill thing happens because of inner party factions
MotorOmnibus8562

Hopefully we will get a prime-minister who will take on feedback from the community seriously, someone like Fiona Martin or Bill Tilley.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
scott

Post by scott »

MKR being hammered in the ratings- last night was not good.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/02/tuesda ... -2020.html

in 17th place with 402,000 viewers, falling to 5th in it's timeslot.
JRBUS123

Post by JRBUS123 »

scott wrote:MKR being hammered in the ratings- last night was not good.

in 17th place with 402,000 viewers, falling to 5th in it's timeslot.
Even The Chase Australia managed to get more viewers than My Kitchen Rules, which is interesting. With that in mind, however, channel 7 do have increasing competition this year now that channel 10 have a reality show in the 7:30 slot for February (in which they didn't last year) as well as of course the popular "Married At First Sight" which that night managed to get over a million viewers.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Finding this in Woolworths.
Attachments
IMG_20200211_221142-564x1000.jpg
scott

Post by scott »

I used to love chocolate Paddle Pops as a kid/teenager, used to ride down to the milk bar on my bike to obtain and ride home to burn it off. We used to keep the sticks and make stuff like little aeroplanes.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I don't know why they changed the Streets logo to the current generic looking symbol. The old one shown in my pic it's still powerful.
The old Channel Seven logo with the rainbow circle around the 7 introduced at the same time as full time colour TV transmission commenced in March 1975 is a similar story.

Here is my latest happy moment. The second best vanilla flavoured ice cream behind Connoisseur Vanilla which costs more for half the amount -but is supreme!
Attachments
IMG_20200213_234053-1000x563.jpg
Newcastle Flyer

• That the bus driver said something to the SAME four teenagers (possibly still school students) who don't pay their fare. But he has to let them on - unfortunately.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

Which is why bus driving is a terrible job. You have enemies above, below and at your level.
Newcastle Flyer

• Pauline Hanson for her speech about the so called "closing the gap".
• HA, HA, Sydney was one of the last areas for a new ride share company. (But unfortunately it's foreign owned)
JRBUS123 wrote:Even The Chase Australia managed to get more viewers than My Kitchen Rules, which is interesting.
HA HA HA HA HA :lol: :lol:
White lives matter too.
MotorOmnibus8562

Equinor deciding to scrap their oil drilling plans in the bight.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”