{UTA} An Atlantean on route 377 at Maroubra!

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
User xxx

Re: {UTA} An Atlantean on route 377 at Maroubra!

Post by User xxx »

It is a bit ironic bus driver takes bus from depot drives it home dumps it across the old ladys driveway it has been sitting there for aweek she relises she is unable that she can`t get car out cause bus is in the way as bus driver did not bus back to depot I`d thought after two days the lady would relise bus is not to move case after two days she should of rang the depot or the police route660.
AEC Decker
Favourite Vehicle: AEC air-door Decker of course.

Post by AEC Decker »

Swift 584 wrote:Back on the Atlantean double decker,I wonder why they chose to use those taillights instead of using the round ones seen on the Leopard?
The Atlantean tail lights were surface mount (on top of the panel) and the Leopard tail lights were flush mount (recessed into the panel).
STA CNG Scania 3461-3520,3621-3661=Scania Blοater
STA O405NH=Classic Blοater
STA O500LE 4868-4877,4879-4902,1800-1811=Heavy Blοater
STA O500LE 1812 onwards=Blοater
STA O500LE Euro 5 Diesel=Non Blοater or AdBlueter
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Post by Doc68 »

boronia wrote:Reminds me of an incident at Waverley back in the 60s. A driver "borrowed" an u/f because he was in a hurry to get home to Seven Hills.
Sorry to bring up an old thread I took a mkv "home" to Wollongong one night in the early 90's 3312 or 14 from memory. The look on the shed drivers face the next morning when I pulled in no run plate, & too early for a staff bus :shock: DID YOU TAKE THIS HOME LAST NIGHT ??? :roll: yes OHH MY F*&^% $#&#@ *&^@#@ I DON"T WANT TO KNOW FUEL IT & PUT IT ON 18 ROAD. :twisted: I never had the heart to tell him that as there was a proposed train strike that day (was cancelled after I'd left for home) &The depot manager had organised it, I was to pick up sta staff from the coast as the strike was cancelled everyone else caught the train. I drove myself home and back the next day, biggest company car I've ever had
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants
Rclasstramcar
Favourite Vehicle: 1955 Morris Minor-1961 Hillman

Post by Rclasstramcar »

Is this bus still there?

Ben
Return Sydney's trams
Vote Morrison and his Government out this election.
JAN 26-INVASION DAY
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

No. Long gone now. I think a new unit block is there now.
It was there for a few years though. I was amazed how the owner of the bus got away with it so long, but it was surprisingly inconspicuous from the street.

EDIT: I went there today, as it's only around the corner from where I'm staying and it is the same building, but with a lot of alterations.
I had some drama with a very rude resident who evidently objected to my picture taking. See this thread here http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... &start=100.

Here are some earlier pics I took of the bus.
http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... ra#p293973
Attachments
104_2309.JPG
104_2309.JPG (293.53 KiB) Viewed 28313 times
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”