Old Perth Tram timetables

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Admet75

Old Perth Tram timetables

Post by Admet75 »

Hi can anyone help?

I am wondering does anyone have any old tram timetables for Perth and it’s suburbs to see how frequently the trams operated if they do can you email them to me.

Out of curiosity someone many years ago pointed out in a post about how whilst Transperth public transport system is the envy of all capital cities in Australia it is not can someone explain well.

I travelled to Perth in 1995 when the City Clippers were still running and then back again in 2017 and this year (2021) to shout my parents a luxury escape holiday for six days five night in late May to early June and from 2017 to 2021 I noticed significant improvements especially bus and rail integration.

The only downside is those excellent area or network maps are only available online I still have the Perth public transport directory (map booklet) printed in 2001 which apparently had some errors and some of these directories sold up to $500 on eBay and no future editions were printed due to the cost involved.

A printed network map or booklet would of helped my parents who are not that tech savvy when they travel.

The fares and smart rider are considered good value for money especially that you pay a Transperth fare for the bus from the airport compared to a high fare at Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney airports we all know why.

However one thing we noticed bus drivers were mostly friendly and helpful we stayed at the Hilton Mill street Perth but we had access to either Elizabeth Quay bus station or the myriad of bus routes along St George’s Terrace and William Street. We caught various cat services and the yellow cat at night from Optus stadium and crossed a very narrow bridge back to Perth station even when I went to what I call Wellington street bus station I only waited ten minutes after 730pm on a Friday to catch the 910 from there to access the hotel.

By the way the 900 series routes are good but the 935 is misleading saying high frequency to airport when it’s high frequency to Belmont forum.

Something I liked was stop specific timetables which are not available here in Adelaide because of governments obsession with taking off timetables at public transport stops/stations and putting online and limited printed timetable distribution outlets.

As a tip those who want a reasonable fast bus trip from the airport catch the route 40 bus route 935 is slow and has at least 12 roundabouts from the airport to city and makes you luggage roll around and sadly both services don’t have some sort of luggage racks.

In summary Perth is great to visit and Transperth have been great in giving me patronage data etc for various services and station usage etc. The data I received means I can easily compare various similar route kilometres than Adelaide with similar route characteristics such as nodes covered etc.

I also thank the many on this bus Australia page for help before the trip and especially those who make excellent comments about service changes. By the way I don’t think Perth has bus service planning guidelines to highlight what route has particular frequencies.

I should end with saying the train services are good but the Fremantle line has some very short station spacings but understandable given it was Perth’s first suburban rail line and yes I see many bus routes actually go along Perth’s old tram routes with some extensions from when the trams ended.

The ferries I didn’t use this time but seem to function well and history shows at south Perth ferry terminal tram connections took place.

Lastly I should end we we as we went on a wine tour the little captain cook cruise back from Guildford to Barrack Street jetty was similar to a Transperth ferry meant I took a myriad of photos of bridges and buses and trains crossing them especially buses heading to Optus stadium.

Thanks for your help for the request above.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: Old Perth Tram timetables

Post by Guy_Arab »

i have most of the timetable a list of most plus some full timetable contact me
guy arab
Admet75

Post by Admet75 »

Guy_Arab wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:24 am i have most of the timetable a list of most plus some full timetable contact me
guy arab
Thanks have Sent you a personal message these tram timetables you send will be great so I can actually compare tram routes to today’s bus route and frequencies. For example the Adelaide Go zone is somewhat similar to Adelaide’s old tram network but Adelaide’s trams run every 12 mins all day and more frequent in peaks 7 days a week as opposed to go zones of every 15 mins from 7am to 7pm on weekdays and weekends half hourly.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

I NEED YOUR CONTACT EMAIL MINE IS tram1one@bigpond.com give me time to locate the copies
guy arab

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”