Transperth Train happenings

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

the c man

Re: Transperth Train happenings

Post by the c man »

Set 45 return to traffic today and is working mandurah and butler lines coupled with 28. 47 is now in refurb.
kaplan_thornhill

Post by kaplan_thornhill »

TP1462 wrote:
Shoudy Chen wrote:Building this stowage road would mean that there will be some disruptions to Armadale/Thornlie Services. Clearly I think it will take time to construct this.
It clearly states that the stow roads will be constructed over a 12 month period with little disruption to commuters with the standard night and weekend closures as per usual, this stow road or siding will be the same as all the others on the network, would also probably increase the reliability and operational flexibility of the Armadale/Thornlie line, construction work has already started with a temporary speed restriction in place.
There's no current TSR in that area.

KT
TP1462
Favourite Vehicle: B7RLE, OC500LE, 0305, B10M.

Post by TP1462 »

kaplan_thornhill wrote:
TP1462 wrote: It clearly states that the stow roads will be constructed over a 12 month period with little disruption to commuters with the standard night and weekend closures as per usual, this stow road or siding will be the same as all the others on the network, would also probably increase the reliability and operational flexibility of the Armadale/Thornlie line, construction work has already started with a temporary speed restriction in place.
There's no current TSR in that area.

KT
Then why are trains going slow through Vic Park then?
kaplan_thornhill

I have no idea. Could be chasing yellows, running ahead of table, different crew. Worked through there earlier today at track speed.

KT
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

kaplan_thornhill wrote:I have no idea. Could be chasing yellows, running ahead of table, different crew. Worked through there earlier today at track speed.

KT
Okay thanks mate, do you know what's up with the TSR at Welshpool road?
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Post by busdriver12 »

Would also be interested as to why the speed restriction is still in place at the Wharf St crossing. I recall this going into place when Queens Pk station was being upgraded. I've noticed C pattern trains to Perth have to wait until they are clear of the crossing before accellerating.
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

Set 110 testing on the Mandurah line, just left Murdoch station
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

When I was on the train from Oats St Eastbound, the train started to decelerate as it approached the Welshpool Station although it runs on a C pattern. Possibly this kind of scenario maybe that there is a speed restriction between Oats St and Welshpool Stations during non-stop. During the continuation from Maddington to Gosnells, the train decelerates gradually as it was about to come to a bend. The trains speed as it comes to a bend is about 68km/h. Trains approaching greater bends should have a speed restriction of up to 70km/h.
As I was going westbound from Cannington all the way to Oats St on a C-pattern, the train was going at around about 50km/h when this approached the Wharf St. After the train passed the Wharf St, the train then sped up at 100km/h. The train then passed the Welshpool Station and the speed gradually lowers to around about 40km/h. I don't know how do trains go slow by the looks of it. Possibly the Train Speed Restrictions applied in this place.
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

Shoudy Chen wrote:When I was on the train from Oats St Eastbound, the train started to decelerate as it approached the Welshpool Station although it runs on a C pattern. Possibly this kind of scenario maybe that there is a speed restriction between Oats St and Welshpool Stations during non-stop. During the continuation from Maddington to Gosnells, the train decelerates gradually as it was about to come to a bend. The trains speed as it comes to a bend is about 68km/h. Trains approaching greater bends should have a speed restriction of up to 70km/h.
As I was going westbound from Cannington all the way to Oats St on a C-pattern, the train was going at around about 50km/h when this approached the Wharf St. After the train passed the Wharf St, the train then sped up at 100km/h. The train then passed the Welshpool Station and the speed gradually lowers to around about 40km/h. I don't know how do trains go slow by the looks of it. Possibly the Train Speed Restrictions applied in this place.

Yes their is a TSR at Welshpool road, although not sure on the reason why thought it maybe something to do with grade seperation however haven't managed anything on it, no idea why the other TSR is still there at Wharf street and the trains can't go at speed through curves I think the speed limit for curves on the network is 70km/h
kaplan_thornhill

TSRs on the Armdale line at the moment:

1. Down main, prior to McIver platform two until after signal 229, 40k/h due to weld defect.

2. Up and down mains, after Oats Street crossing until Welshpool Road crossing, 40km/h due to track condition.

3. Down main, prior to Queens Park platform until Wharf Street crossing, 40km/h due to track condition.

Remember you can't resume track speed until your whole consist is past the end sign. At Wharf Street on the down, for example, you should not be accelerating out of the 40 restriction until you are clear of the crossing (the end sign is prior to the crossing).

The Wharf Street level crossing TSR was lifted a few months ago.

The speed limit on curves vary through out the network.

We don't always travel at track speed for many reasons. Heat restrictions, chasing yellow/red signals due to delays, CANs (conditionins affecting network), TSRs, track faults... list is endless.

KT
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

kaplan_thornhill wrote:TSRs on the Armdale line at the moment:

1. Down main, prior to McIver platform two until after signal 229, 40k/h due to weld defect.

2. Up and down mains, after Oats Street crossing until Welshpool Road crossing, 40km/h due to track condition.

3. Down main, prior to Queens Park platform until Wharf Street crossing, 40km/h due to track condition.

Remember you can't resume track speed until your whole consist is past the end sign. At Wharf Street on the down, for example, you should not be accelerating out of the 40 restriction until you are clear of the crossing (the end sign is prior to the crossing).

The Wharf Street level crossing TSR was lifted a few months ago.

The speed limit on curves vary through out the network.

We don't always travel at track speed for many reasons. Heat restrictions, chasing yellow/red signals due to delays, CANs (conditionins affecting network), TSRs, track faults... list is endless.

KT
Cheers for the correction KT
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

A few months ago, I hopped on the train from Armadale Stn and as it took off, the speed is very slow due to the specific type of conditions near Forrest Rd and Armadale Rd crossings. It normally drives up to around about 30km/h as it accelerates from Armadale Station. Between Sherwood and Challis Stations, speed restrictions have applied into place due to big bends.
Trains need to sound the horn as it approaches Kelmscott Station. This is the fact that there are crossings inside the Kelmscott Station.
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

Sets 104/111/112 at Nowergup RCD

ozi_mister_d
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O305 UQB-171

Post by ozi_mister_d »

kaplan_thornhill wrote:
KT
well. I have learnt something now, that I had never considered as a passanger... thanks for the ops snippet, KT
Michael
TP-1120 was the last bus I drove for Metrobus, Saturday 27th June 1998.
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

Butler C running express from Whitfords to Butler

TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lGnotmcwLaM

B series set 113 on its way to Perth on the back of 2BW4
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

TP1462 wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lGnotmcwLaM

B series set 113 on its way to Perth on the back of 2BW4
How they transfer those railcars as those in Sydney are using the standard gauge and the rail in Perth are using the narrow gauge?
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

Temporary bogies which are standard gauge are fitted for the journey between QLD and Perth, with the proper bogies only a few carriages back. They get swapped around at Midland Workshops.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Okay everyone, this might sound like a obvious question but is Perth on narrow gauge?
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Okay everyone, this might sound like a obvious question but is Perth on narrow gauge?
Yes
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

A series sets 17/48 just left Perth underground for Mandurah on a test run

TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

B series set 111 is also testing along the line along with A series series sets 17/48

TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

B series set 111 is out of service testing on the Midland line

ImageImage
TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

TP1462 wrote:B series set 111 is out of service testing on the Midland line

ImageImage

TP1462

Post by TP1462 »

3FC2 through Success Hill station 4car Australind DMU following Wheel lathe at Forrestfield

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”