Hino BX341

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
Cliver

Hino BX341

Post by Cliver »

G'day folks, we're turning a BX341 with a Newnham Maxim body into a motorhome! we love the old girl, a 1986 model!
Any opinions on these machines and are parts readily available? Also are pdf or hard copy workshop manuals for the chassis and motor available? I must say it's great to be part of the bus driving world! We intend heading to the mainland from Tassie in the winters, and with 3 kids, we should have some great adventures! Even if a bit slowly. :wink: I'll try uploading a photo! someone may recognise it.
Hino.jpg
Hino.jpg (198.88 KiB) Viewed 12869 times
kelvin12
Favourite Vehicle: Austral, King of the Outback

Re: Hino BX341

Post by kelvin12 »

What a great part of the world you live in. Had a few trips down there and absolutely love the place. BUT boy can it ever get cold down there. Hope to take our bus down there for an extended trip around again, this time slowly.

Dirk
Cliver

Post by Cliver »

G'day Dirk, It certainly is beautiful down here, and you're right about the coolishness, that's why we're going walkabout! lol
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Cliver wrote:G'day Dirk, It certainly is beautiful down here, and you're right about the coolishness, that's why we're going walkabout! lol
You got this from Gilbert's Coaches in Sorell hey?
Cliver

Post by Cliver »

Our progress!
Attachments
Inside.jpg
Inside.jpg (109.49 KiB) Viewed 12747 times
Cliver

Post by Cliver »

Hornibrook wrote:
Cliver wrote:G'day Dirk, It certainly is beautiful down here, and you're right about the coolishness, that's why we're going walkabout! lol
You got this from Gilbert's Coaches in Sorell hey?
G'day Hornibrook, yep from Gilbert's
Kristie

Post by Kristie »

How exciting, my husband and our three children (and myself) are looking to travel this great country in a bus, we have just started looking at what is available, we plan to buy a bus and deck it out ourselves, we checked out a bus last week but as nice as it was to look at the bus itself was just too old :(
Does anyone know what happens to ex mine site buses, we live in WA.
Cliver, when do you plan on leaving and how long do you plan to be on the road?
Cliver

Post by Cliver »

G'day Christie, Sorry about the delay, haven't been on the site for some time!
It's certainly a job finding the ideal bus! This one is in reasonable condition, although i'm on the lookout for some new injectors or a clean out (blowing a bit of smoke).
We're planning on probably 4 months away to see how we go, so you never know!
Spirit of Freedom

Post by Spirit of Freedom »

Hi, just found this post, I have all the manuals on disc for the Hino BX341 if you would like a copy, we have a 1981 build by Custom Coaches you can see our build on the web site http://spiritfreedom.vpweb.com.au If you would like the manuals just leave a contact on the web site.

I was looking for a turn indicator stalk for the bus anyone know where to get hold of one.

Safe Travels

Shayne
Hino Simon

Post by Hino Simon »

Shayne,
Do you still have a copy of the Hino manuals for BX341.
I have just bought one and would like extra information.
Thanks in advance, Simon

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”