Casual School Charter Drivers Melbourne

Information about employment in the Transport Industry, job advertisements etc.
Please use the relevant State icon when posting.

Moderators: Ken, MAN 16.242

busboy

Casual School Charter Drivers Melbourne

Post by busboy »

Moonee Valley Coaches are looking for Casual Drivers for school charter work.
As they run a number of crash box equipped vehicles I guess that would be an advantage.

Their email is:
info@mooneevalleybus.com.au
Croc

Re: Casual School Charter Drivers Melbourne

Post by Croc »

For readers of this forum the crash box may be an advantage as it will significantly reduce the field of applicants with experience. But as this skill set is now increasingly hard to find and becuase the people with those skills are most likely to be old hands already in demand for their other skills and for their knowledge of their employer's work and client base the obvious question is how much? How much are Moonee Valley prepared to offer to attract these blokes from other coach charter jobs? Are they offering casual postions or is there a prospect to get a long term full time job? Are there penalty rates, allowances for a snow licence or commentary skills (or anything else Murray's used to pay an allowance for towing a trailer)? What is the work that they have available - does it have fringe benefits that make it attractive to a driver compared to his current situation - for example more regular hours, or more hours with shift/penalty allowances or more interesting, more varied work. Where will the driver be working from - a location closer to home may also be attractive when weighed up against other things against his very saleable skillset?
rbrooker
Favourite Vehicle: new

Post by rbrooker »

do you know that they only have 2 school runs and they do stuff all else and no there are no extras for driving with a trailer or in the snow
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

rbrooker wrote:do you know that they only have 2 school runs and they do stuff all else and no there are no extras for driving with a trailer or in the snow
Seems to be more and more the case these days. Companies want "rocket scientists" so to speak, who have all the experience, snow license, crash box experience, and other assorted forms of experience, but they are only willing to offer them casual jobs that pay "janitor" wages. And then they wonder why people arent walking in the door with resumes in hand.

One must remember that casual school bus drivers also get forced to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave per year during the school holidays, further diminishing annual income. Taking all these factors into account, that is why companies might find it hard to find stable long term employees. Most normal people have a mortgage, and children to educate, and a casual job doesnt really cut it for most people.
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
Coachdriver70

Post by Coachdriver70 »

I saw one of their busses on a tow truck Friday afternoon a school bus
Number was 76

Return to “Employment in the Transport Industry”