MobiDOT display with ICU 400

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
the_real_mcarn

MobiDOT display with ICU 400

Post by the_real_mcarn »

Hi,

I recently got a MobiDOT display and an ICU 400 but I cannot find a way to program it. I have been searching quite a bit and I have found Mobi Info Edit and Zedit. However, I cannot get MIE activated to create an outfile and an outfile made with Zedit gives me an error code 10 'Invalid first byte' on the connect box. Is there any way to get either of those programs to work or is there another way to program the ICU 400?

Thanks in advance.
the_real_mcarn

Re: MobiDOT display with ICU 400

Post by the_real_mcarn »

Alright, I got Mobi Info Edit to work and I can now create outfiles. Another question, when I write a new outfile to the ICU 400, does it wipe all of the destinations in the current program? The unit I have still has a lot of the original destination blinds on it and I would like to keep them if possible.
R44
Favourite Vehicle: MO-8205

Post by R44 »

the_real_mcarn wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:52 am Alright, I got Mobi Info Edit to work and I can now create outfiles. Another question, when I write a new outfile to the ICU 400, does it wipe all of the destinations in the current program? The unit I have still has a lot of the original destination blinds on it and I would like to keep them if possible.
Yes, when you upload a new outfile, it will overwrite the old outfile.
enzomatrix

Post by enzomatrix »

How did you get MIE to work?
It is saying I cannot create an output file in evaluation mode...

I just bought a MC 0405NH with the ICU 400
High Floor Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Olden Holdens
Location: Sitting behind a wheel thingy where all the lights & switches are.

Post by High Floor Bus »

You need a licence key to unlock from evaluation mode .
The whole World is going to "HELL" And I'm driving the Bus!
Go ESSENDON for 2022
Proud owner of Preserved Merc Benz O405 679,688,689,691 &1101& Renaults 602 626 647 & 1119
enzomatrix

Post by enzomatrix »

Thanks @highfloorbus
Any ideas on how to get one? I have been trying to contact Mobitec for weeks.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”