Mobitec ICU 400

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Colin

Mobitec ICU 400

Post by Colin »

Hi Can anyone Tell me the easiest software to use for the Flip Dot type with mobitec ICU 400 controller Please..
Ex Trans Perth Volgren
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Re: Mobitec ICU 400

Post by Bus-1809 »

Mobi Info Edit.

Flick me an inbox, Colin.
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.
liam_davies

Post by liam_davies »

Colin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:58 pm Hi Can anyone Tell me the easiest software to use for the Flip Dot type with mobitec ICU 400 controller Please..
Ex Trans Perth Volgren
Send you some variant by gmail.
enzomatrix

Post by enzomatrix »

I have just acquired an ex TransPerth too!
Exact same question!

I can't seem to inbox either of you.
Last edited by enzomatrix on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enzomatrix

Post by enzomatrix »

Thought I would post this here.

I was able to get a free license for MIE basic by emailing Luminator here in Australia and just letting them know my scenario (PM me if you want their email addy).

I was also able to reach out to another member on this forum who was able to help me out with some Arduino programming scripts, that allow you to bypass the ICU 400 and control the blinds yourself (MobiDOT that is).
Bus-1809

Post by Bus-1809 »

Why would you need to Bypass the ICU400? It's there to control the desto unit. Program up what you want on MIE, create a .out file and stick it on a USB. Put it into the controller, upload it and hey presto.

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.
enzomatrix

Post by enzomatrix »

I am a tinkerer and like to try new things :)
Like being able to to have the destination board be something on demand, without needing to generate an out file etc. Maybe control via mobile phone, or touchscreen :)
Bus-1809

Post by Bus-1809 »

Fair enough!!

Control via an app on your mobile would be cool I reckon, or a fixed touch screen in the bus or something. If they can run through a Thoreb, I can't see why your idea wouldn't work!

Good luck on that too! Be keen to see some pics of how it works once you've sussed it out.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”