Hello! I found this ticket in a second hand book I bought, can anyone figure out how old it is?

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
ajeh

Hello! I found this ticket in a second hand book I bought, can anyone figure out how old it is?

Post by ajeh »

All I can work out from a search online is that it might be from before 2004 'cause the logo has waves on it, although it kinda looks like it says 13 May '09, so I thought I'd ask the experts! Thanks for any help.

E: I'm more and more sure that it's 13 May 2009. Unfortunately the card has been bent and can no longer be reused, probably why it was in a book I guess...

Image Image
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Hello! I found this ticket in a second hand book I bought, can anyone figure out how old it is?

Post by boronia »

It is a single ride pre-purchased ticket which has been used, hence "No Rides Left".
Multi-ride (10) versions would count down the number left each time it was validated.
This ticketing system has been out of use for a few years now, superceded by Opal.

The 7306 was a reference to the bus number, which in this case was actually 3306.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”