69' Bedford Comair - Gippsland

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Tonedef37

69' Bedford Comair - Gippsland

Post by Tonedef37 »

Hi all,
My partner and I got our hands on this old 69' Bedford Comair last year, already converted to a mobile home but we're looking to get her a bit more up to date and running more efficiently.
My question to you all - anyone know of a Gippsland VIC bus expert/mechanic close to or willing to travel to Briagolong area to give her a look over? A couple minor things needed to view to give it an unofficial thumbs up to drive to Melbourne where she'll stay while the engine and mechanics are looked at to pass roadworthy.
I'm not looking for a full mechanical inspection or to have them sign-off on paperwork - this is more to go over a few things like electrics, engine, lights etc. that they think are important for it to be able to complete the 3hr drive. Plus, would be good to chat more to someone who loves and knows a lot about old diesel buses.
She currently runs well, only needs a new battery and I'm personally confident she'd make the drive but it'd be all the better to have someone with expertise look her over to give a thumbs up or advise on any pre-trip fixes that should take place first. Helps me make the decision whether to get the temp rego again and drive her or just arrange to tow her back and avoid the hassle.
If anyone knows someone up Briagolong way, or even down at Sale (Traralgon and Bairsndale as a stretch) they could put me in touch with, that would be awesome.
Feel free to msg me directly.
Thanks for your time.
Scott

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”