O405 throttle and brake springs

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Maddog

O405 throttle and brake springs

Post by Maddog »

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 1995 Mercedes O405 and have to replace 2 springs - the first is the throttle return spring above the engine and the second is the spring under the brake pedal at the front of the bus.

Both were found snapped at one of the ends and I cant seem to find any Mercedes person / truck parts business who knows about them.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these parts to replace them? I.e. their actual dimensions, or part numbers?

Also, If someone is able to send a photo of where the brake spring is supposed to be fixed it would save a lot of confusion. (I found it hanging by one end and where the other end was supposed to be attached isn't obvious to me).

Thanks in advance!
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: O405 throttle and brake springs

Post by Guy_Arab »

DEPENDING ON WHICH STATE YOU IN HERE IN WA IT IS DAIMLER TRUCKS PERTH ARE AGENT FOR YOUR BUS BUT THERE SHOULD BE A AGENT SAME NAME WHERE YOU ARE IF YOU NED A MANUAL CONTACT ME
GUY ARAB

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”