B6FA Volgren

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
rustygate

B6FA Volgren

Post by rustygate »

New guy to the world of buses and in particular Motor Homes. I have a few questions around the engine and driveline.
The engine I currently have is 5.5 litre turbo inline 6 vertical (TD60) with a ZF 5 speed manual box. The motor has drop a sleeve and I am looking at swapping this out for a slightly more modern unit, keeping in mine I don't want to go too modern due to EMS and emissions issues. I was thinking of a cummins or perkins set up. Does anyone in the group have any knowledge on what engine would simply slot in which out to much modification and bolt up to the ZF box? Plus the breaks a wedge style and I was hoping to get away from using them, is there an alternative axle housing I could use?
I have an engineer line up to complete the VASS on it plus a mechanic ready to go.
I look forward to hearing from you
By George

Re: B6FA Volgren

Post by By George »

A d6a from a f6 truck will fit with a few minor adjustments and supercharger removed.
rustygate

Re: B6FA Volgren

Post by rustygate »

Thanks George that’s exactly what I source, just had to remove the supercharger to fit. Still has given a few headaches for example the oil filler had to block off and a filler fabricated in the tappet cover. We are getting there though

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”