Mobitec 402 Issues

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
TTClass8

Mobitec 402 Issues

Post by TTClass8 »

Hey guys,

So I'm coming around from the other side of the world for some help. Norway to be exact. And in my quest, this forum keeps popping up when it comes to Mobitec.

I'm having a issue with a Mobitec 402 controller, it seems to be stuck in a test loop. I ran the 'Test Sign' from the controller to check if the sign was all good as I'm updating our destinations, and now it won't display anything but the test display rotation anymore.

If I press X to exit the test, it will only display whatever was the last test screen. Resetting from the menu or turning the power off and on does nothing, it will still show the last test sign. Anyone have any advice for how to getting it back to normal?
TTClass8

Re: Mobitec 402 Issues

Post by TTClass8 »

Managed to trace the fault further, the issue isn't the test mode.

Somehow the new outfile won't display, and ofcourse we don't have the old file so now I have two sets without functioning displays.

It's a LED19x160-8.7, art.no LED191603-802 for the display itself. And for MIE it's set to MobiLED 8.7x7 Scroll 19x160. Font is Mobitec Std h 16.9 Aa1, 15.

Don't know if anyone can deduce any fault from that, but I really need to get this fixed. :(
TTClass8

Post by TTClass8 »

Well, I fixed it. What a ride it was.
And I don't wanna be that guy that leaves an open question without an answer, maybe it will help someone some day.

Turns out whoever installed these signs, programmed them as "Right Extra". Even we only have one front sign.
Why they would do that, I have no Idea. Of course when I was preparing the new destinations, I positioned them 'Front' in MIE.

So what I did, was make a brand new file, adding all the signs available in MIE, rear, front, right, left and so on. Then inputting the corresponding name as destination. Prg 1 - Rear - Rear, and so on. Loaded the file, and sure enough the destination sign lights up "RIGHT EXT". So just changed the position in MIE from Front to Right Extra, and I now have two sets which are okay again.

Going to run through the rest in the depot today, hopefully they all are just programmed 'right extra' so I don't have to make separate files for each wagon I update.

Still have a couple of questions though, does anyone know how to change the actual destination sign onboard from 'Right Extra' to 'Front'?
And under 'Sign in Bus' there is an address tab going '0-7' what's the actual function of this?

I have to say the documentation for this system is a bit lacking, I have drawings and a MIE manual, but there is nothing about this.
Pryanik

Post by Pryanik »

Hello. I need your help. I have 10 buses with mobitec icu 400 installed. I can't upload a new file to the bus. writes error 66 or error 4. what does this mean? and how to fix it?
hu.sak

Post by hu.sak »

I have some issues with a Mobitec sign myself. It's a LED 19x160 sign. I once uploaded an out file to the controller with one of the destinations having more than 10 rotations. The sign in question displayed the rotations but got stuck in the middle of them. When I reset the whole system, the sign never turned back on again.

I removed the problematic destination, but it hasn't helped. Changing the sign's address didn't help either.

Any ideas on how to resolve this and what might have happened?
High Floor Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Olden Holdens
Location: Sitting behind a wheel thingy where all the lights & switches are.

Post by High Floor Bus »

In the destination display there is either a row of dip switches the size on an IC , or a rotary preset switch. This set the address of the display .(binary numbers)In your case your displays are set at front extra number 5. The default number for front is 6 . You originally programmed your new files to 6 , meaning controller couldn't talk to your display . Untill you matched the program number to the display , it was never gunna work . Check this link to change display addresses. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMDsJy3VH0
The whole World is going to "HELL" And I'm driving the Bus!
Go ESSENDON for 2022
Proud owner of Preserved Merc Benz O405 679,688,689,691 &1101& Renaults 602 626 647 & 1119

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”