How to open my volvo B58 doors from the outside

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
riggs307

How to open my volvo B58 doors from the outside

Post by riggs307 »

Hi guys new to the site and was just wondering if anyone knows how to open the doors on a b58 from the outside once they are shut with the air switch on the inside if anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
riggs307

Re: How to open my volvo B58 doors from the outside

Post by riggs307 »

I would also like to find out what motor & diff is in my 1978 Volvo B58 is there any checks or certain things I should be looking for that could help me identify these parts, Thanks again
kelvin12
Favourite Vehicle: Austral, King of the Outback

Post by kelvin12 »

G'Day,

Not sure about Volvo's but my bus had an air switch directly under the entry step. You would still need air to operate it of course but prior to converting if the air bled away I could still force the door open with some effort. Just don't get you fingers caught in the jamb.

No idea about the other question though sorry.

Dirk
yoda

Post by yoda »

Engine specs can be found here http://www.volvodemort.com/technical/vo ... ge089.html

Diff/gearbox combinations varied - do you know where it is from? Photos would assist identifying.

Doors would be an air setup - you could plumb a second switch or release into it and mount it outside.
Or as I've seen done, just make sure the drivers window doesn't lock shut so you can always reach in.
User7526

Post by User7526 »

The engine in a B58 would be a THD 100D if memory serves me right, 242 horsepower and horizontal of course. As for the type of rear axle, have a look on the diff centre and somewhere on it you will find a dataplate. Please message me all of those numbers?

Peta.
User7526

Post by User7526 »

Oh and opening the door, I'm guessing that there is only an inside switch so drain the air tanks or use brute strength.

Peta.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”