SA budget to upgrade railway stations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
nscaler69

SA budget to upgrade railway stations

Post by nscaler69 »

Reported on the news last night: SA budget to upgrade railway stations.
Yahoo News:
The South Australian government has promised to spend $111 million over the next 10 years to upgrade railway stations across metropolitan Adelaide.
The funding includes $66.4 million across the next four years to be allocated in this month's state budget.
It will allow for station makeovers to ensure they are safer and more enjoyable for train commuters.
Yahoo News story https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa-budget-upg ... 48900.html
Seven News story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf65oaDiqAA
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late
Tim Williams

Re: SA budget to upgrade railway stations

Post by Tim Williams »

A lot of the stations certainly need a good makeover, I wonder if the allocated amount is enough.
Lieselta

Post by Lieselta »

I think every station needs to have a proper shelter, real time arrival info and visible CCTV/emergency call at a minimum before anything else is done.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

I doubt Liberal Party will get another term. I do wonder what the opposition will propose to do about the Outer Harbor and Grange Line whether they will just electrify it or convert it to light rail. I wasn't a fan of the light rail proposal but its grown on me now as there is opportunities to extend light rail to Semaphore and West Lakes.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
Admet75

Post by Admet75 »

Does anyone know which Gawler line station are getting a station refresh?

It would be great if Salisbury Interchange got upgraded to the 21st Century it’s currently 20th Century vintage I think rebuilt in 1986.
By the way the when I last spoke to the current Salisbury Mayor she said that the council would be prepared to pay half fir the upgrade and the government contributed the other half.

My own opinion it’s a safe labor seat and liberals don’t care but neither did labor for 16 years.
flaneur

Post by flaneur »

Woodlands Park Station is listed for upgrade, yet this station and Edwardstown Station would be demolished if the Castle Plaza Project were to start up, even for medium density housing and a new station built on the former Hills Hoist site.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

flaneur wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:06 pm Woodlands Park Station is listed for upgrade, yet this station and Edwardstown Station would be demolished if the Castle Plaza Project were to start up, even for medium density housing and a new station built on the former Hills Hoist site.
Do you have a link to the station being relocated? I can find some articles on the proposed development, but no indication to a relocated station
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”