Knoll faces Liberal Party revolt on bus cuts

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Skexis

Re: Knoll faces Liberal Party revolt on bus cuts

Post by Skexis »

Can you say that these days without someone either being outraged or offended?
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

No it's rediculous.
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

Blog post on Adelaide's failed bus reforms and possible lessons. https://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com ... -part.html
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

A well written article, certainly worth a read even though it is quite long. Knoll gets quite a blast in it.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

I definitely agree, another well written post on a well maintained blog. I think a big thing in this is that Adelaide went for every bus route at once, with a skim-over investigation rather than a deep dive into each route and releasing each area of change over time. The lack of information was also another large factor. If I recall correctly, when I went onto the website, I only saw route X and Y were replaced by A and B, I didn't find a lot of information of which parts of the route were replaced by another.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
TT

Post by TT »

https://indaily.com.au/opinion/2020/07/ ... werful-mp/
Another good article on today’s Indaily, with particular reference to Knoll’s backflip on the bus reform as well as the ServicesSA offices, and the political implications of not doing so.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

An obvious omission from the article that PaxInfo linked to is trains running express to and from Dry Creek on weekends. With Ovingham to Kilburn being skipped, with an hourly frequency from these stations.

It was mentioned on Farcebook that this was an attempt to reduce patronage in order to justify cutting services. But it has been like this for possibly over a decade now.

How selfish for those who may wanna go from Dudley Park to Broadmeadows or somewhere. I wonder if it will finally be fixed when the electrification is complete. Somehow I doubt it.
Big Engine Mechanic

I've heard knoll's wanted to cut public transport to labour areas.
PhilH

Post by PhilH »

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:32 pm I've heard knoll's wanted to cut public transport to labour areas.
How would that be in his party's interests? That sort of thing would be more likely to reduce their vote rather than increase it. If it's true (which I doubt), then he certainly isn't fit to hold office. If it's someone's malicious yarn, it doesn't need to be repeated here.
Big Engine Mechanic

PhilH wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:49 pm
Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:32 pm I've heard knoll's wanted to cut public transport to labour areas.
How would that be in his party's interests? That sort of thing would be more likely to reduce their vote rather than increase it. If it's true (which I doubt), then he certainly isn't fit to hold office. If it's someone's malicious yarn, it doesn't need to be repeated here.
I heard it on the news.
Big Engine Mechanic

Knoll's just got done for stealing 30 thousand from the government for claiming false living costs, there are calls for him to resign just heard it on the news.
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:35 pm Knoll's just got done for stealing 30 thousand from the government for claiming false living costs, there are calls for him to resign just heard it on the news.
I’ll support that move! He’s making a bigger fool of himself each time. It’s time to go
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
Big Engine Mechanic

Route 506 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:31 pm
Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:35 pm Knoll's just got done for stealing 30 thousand from the government for claiming false living costs, there are calls for him to resign just heard it on the news.
I’ll support that move! He’s making a bigger fool of himself each time. It’s time to go
Yes, He is indeed !! 8)
TT

Post by TT »

Knoll now being thoroughly investigated by the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC). Hopefully it’s 👋 bye bye.
Big Engine Mechanic

TT wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 pm Knoll now being thoroughly investigated by the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC). Hopefully it’s 👋 bye bye.
That'll teach him. Apparently he used some of the money to treat his mum.

EDIT; Steven Marshall's not going to sack him, just saw it on the news
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

Stephan Knoll has resigned from the state cabinet; not over the failed bus network changes; but over the "pollie perks" issue.
https://indaily.com.au/news/2020/07/26/ ... president/
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
TT

Post by TT »

So now we wait and see who becomes the next Transport Minister. Hopefully this time someone who has some vague understanding of public transport.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Unfortunately I doubt there is anyone in the Parliamentary Liberal Party who has any understanding or knowledge of Public Transport.
What the new Minister needs to do is find someone with considerable knowledge of Public Transport and put them in charge, and get rid of the deadwood in DPTI/SAPTA(including Tony Braxton-Smith).
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Skexis wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:55 pm I hereby call for Stephan Knoll to resign. Anyone care to second?
Yay, I win :)
Big Engine Mechanic

Skexis wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:40 pm
Skexis wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:55 pm I hereby call for Stephan Knoll to resign. Anyone care to second?
🥇 🏆 Yes ! Haha :lol: :lol:
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:32 pm [quote=Skexis post_id=<a href="tel:1065584">1065584</a> time=<a href="tel:1595760044">1595760044</a> user_id=14932]
[quote=Skexis post_id=<a href="tel:1064536">1064536</a> time=<a href="tel:1593514511">1593514511</a> user_id=14932]
I hereby call for Stephan Knoll to resign. Anyone care to second?
[/quote]

🥇 🏆 Yes ! Haha :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

A victory for the people and the best interests of Public Transport! See you later!! 😀
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
Lieselta

Post by Lieselta »

Corey Wingard appointed to transport... wonder what he will have in store https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-28/ ... a/12498164
Admet75

Post by Admet75 »

I thought I might have a say about the new transport minister Corey Wingard.

An association I belong to we wrote a submission to the previous Government's draft transport plan and at the time Corey Wingard was Opposition Spokesperson. We sent it to him and other MP's at the time including of course the then transport minister for the Labor Government.

It looks like Corey Wingard read the whole 12 page submission because he picked up on one thing and said "I agree with you totally with a need for a public transport map available in printed format to the general public to make it easier for them to use the Adelaide Metro public transport network". Remembering that not everyone has access to the latest technology and some elderly find it hard to use Iphones etc.

That association in 2016 changed its name to something more relevant and I yesterday wrote to Corey Wingard to congratulate him and remind him as well as some attachment in the e-mail in regards to what we have done and offered to work together with him to improve our public transport network- I also forwarded some ideas such as showing intersecting bus routes on route maps especially on the Route 300 and Glenelg line plus have pointed out in timetables we should highlight in the past for feeder services what time the connecting trains depart for the city and arrive in the city and also in the opposite way. For example say on a 224 timetable it would say: "Departing train for city arrives: zyzpm arrives Adelaide xyz and then Arriving train from city departs for Gawler Central at xyzpm arrives at Gawler Central xyzpm.

I pointed out the connectivity of the network is vital so passengers don't think they have to force themselves to catch a bus into the city and out again to access their destination when they might have to go only a few stops. A good example is Galway Avenue Collinswood residents only have to catch a bus for a few stops and get off near or on Regency Road and cross the road and catch a Route 300 to Arndale if they want to go to Arndale etc.

I also wrote in the same letter about how the Info Centre closure at Currie Street was poor given 80% of the bus routes went past that centre as opposed to the Railway Station which is around only 20% and that the Currie Street was considered by many public transport lobbyists, advocates and the general community including tourists as the best in the world with it large open space and self-service timetables and that there should be one opened in Rundle Mall that is large and accommodating maybe that Renewal SA has taken over the rights of old Harris Scare Building a small part could be an Info Centre and yes Renewal SA apparently charges no rent or not commercial rent if you are a business etc and want to do something new.

Hopefully I get a positive response if I get a negative one I will be happy also because I have put public transport information provision at the forefront of the new ministers mind but I will somehow also make an appointment to see him also to discuss my ideas.
Big Engine Mechanic

One of the three fill in pollys Vincent Anthony Tarzia has fresh new allegations against him, just heard it on the news.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Engine Mechanic

Adrian Pederick just got done too, on the news

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”