AdMet website

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
hillsbus

AdMet website

Post by hillsbus »

The AdelaideMetro website has had an upgrade overnight. Content appears similar, just a new layout.

It does mention now that MetroMate will be withdrawn in July and they list 3 replacement apps.
Admet75

Re: AdMet website

Post by Admet75 »

Great looking website but the Apps is something I wish to touch on. The Transit App is great to the point of showing all stops when you click on the service you want and shows all services (route numbers/tramline/train line[i.e., Gawler Central] that actually use or are near which promotes connectivity between services to a large extent. In other words it can help somehow to stop sometimes saying but I have to go into the city to change from one bus to another to go here there and everywhere- when most of the times the buses they are through-routed to their destination or what the old PTB Called Cross-Town Routes or BNC's in the timetables.

The stops that show the services they use could be somehow if we could convince the powers that maybe to put them on Route maps even if its section point or important stops like a bus stop near a major intersection then connectivity whilst not timed would somehow improve the legibility of the system. In US and Europe its common for paper timetables to show on a route map or strip map to show intersecting or routes sharing the same stop.

An example which I would like to point out many years ago which are well known Contracts Manager in the Transport Department said when someone said to him that he cannot go from Mawson Lakes to Port Adelaide by public transport he pointed out the Gawler Train stops at Ovingham getting off their and walking a short distance for a half hourly service to Port Adelaide by bus (Routes) 253/254 before they became 253X and 254X). Unfortunately whilst its not the best example but you can get what he is getting at. There needs to be alternatives shown and educate the public that not everywhere you want to go has a direct service.

The printed timetables that we had prior to 2011 had a great Adelaide Metro Connections in your area strip map and were quite useful.
T3331
Favourite Vehicle: 3331

Post by T3331 »

An app that I strongly suggest is ShouldIRun. Real-time data and you can even see what bus model you have on that route.
jibb

Post by jibb »

whereDaBus and AnyTrip are both excellent apps and give you the same info as well as bus fleet number.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

Should I Run is great. It also gives you fleet numbers.
T3331
Favourite Vehicle: 3331

Post by T3331 »

T3331 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:11 pm An app that I strongly suggest is ShouldIRun. Real-time data and you can even see what bus model you have on that route.
By bus model, I meant fleet number. Whoops
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

TT wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:22 pm Should I Run is great. It also gives you fleet numbers.
Should I Run is also good as one of the app pages shows on a map all the buses/trains/trams in service across Adelaide at one time
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

AnyTrip enables you to search for a particular bus. As an example, I type in 1385 (Volgren Scania), and it will show which run it's doing provided that it's out.

Typing say 15 (followed by an asterisk) shows all buses in this number range, but I haven't found a way to filter out values higher than 1515. I'm not aware of any other app that enables this kind of search. Typing in 1* will show all vehicles in the 1000 range that are out.

The wheredabus app embeds fleet numbers in results just like AnyTrip, following my suggestions to the creators. The latter has a yearly subscription fee, but it's not exorbitant by any means.
jibb

Post by jibb »

With Anytrip you can scroll back and see past departures going back a couple of hours or more, also if can give you some departures up to 2 hours in advance if the bus is currently in service, and they have logged in all their trips They only show departures-not arrivals, whereas whereDaBus has arrivals/departures(at Interchanges or City stops in the peak.
It also allows you to manually update, when updates become available.
I find with each having different features I use them both.
Both show fleet numbers-Haven't tried Should I run yet.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”