Buses running to holiday Bus timetables

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

Buses running to holiday Bus timetables

Post by jibb »

Adelaide Metro have released special Bus timetables for the Holiday period from December 24th to January 4th.
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... timetables
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: Buses running to holiday Bus timetables

Post by TA3001 »

It's very surprising that all the Southlink peak only services were still running this week. I was literally the only passenger on a T721X this arvo for the whole run which was operated by an artic (would normally score about 15-20 passengers). Got from Adelaide to Noarlunga in less than an hour due to lower than normal traffic volumes. All the peak hills services seemed to running as normal. Marginal seat electorates perhaps?

Honestly felt like a charter to me as it didn't stop at any stops between the city and Noarlunga. No laying over due to the time points being removed which isn't a bad thing.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Clearly these sort of trips escape the powers that be... madness the taxpayer paying for such a service for 1 person, let alone the extra diesel an artic consumes!

If that T721X is a peak trip that only carries 15-20 passengers normally, that is also a cause for concern. A peak bus from the city should be carrying more than that!
jibb

Post by jibb »

It seems to me that DPTI are avoiding the problems such as these. There are considerable savings to be made by revising many peak hour routes as many buses are nowhere near full-in fact plenty of seats left. This would save on both buses and fuel.
Some school trips neat to be revised due to low numbers carried and other options available.
With consistently falling patronage on Adelaide bus routes it is time they took a long hard look at all services in the peak-would be better than cutting evening-weekend and late night services.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

T721X should be scrapped. There are more than enough normal T721's and 721X's to pick up the few passengers who use it plus there are only 3 trips each way so no loss.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

I think I overheard a request via the radio today for another bus to do an H30 to West Lakes around 5PM due to so many passengers being left behind (bus 1249 or something from what I noticed).

It was only being operated by a rigid too, despite several artics being on track at Port depot when I went past a little bit earlier. The eastern portion of the route in the morning surely wouldn't have been as bad due to other nearby routes being options.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

I just hope that this Christmas, either the Government or Torrens Transit review the decision they made about reduced services. I get that between Christmas and New Year you could wind back peak services to a point, but is should not continue past December 31st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jibb

Post by jibb »

bigrobbo wrote:I just hope that this Christmas, either the Government or Torrens Transit review the decision they made about reduced services. I get that between Christmas and New Year you could wind back peak services to a point, but is should not continue past December 31st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Government instructs DPTI to plan these "Festive Holiday" timetables-Torrens Transit are instructed to plan to operate to these timetables.
Hopefully the Minister might listen to all the feedback/criticisms-although I won't hold out hope of his reversing this years decision.
He seems focused on cost savings rather than Adelaide Metro providing services that will meet commuters needs.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”