Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Admet75

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Post by Admet75 »

Eurostar wrote:Meanwhile up north it looks like 451 will be altered to continue down President Avenue, then Petherton Road, Stebonheath Road or Andrews Road, Womma Toad, Peachey Road, Winterslow Road, Elizabeth Way, Frobisher Street, Oxenham Drive, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station. 452 will continue from Newton Boulevard, then Peachey Road, Winterslow Road, Frobisher Street, Oxenham Drive, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station. Looks like 400 might go Waterloo Corner Road, Bagsters Road, Kelsey Road then existing route.
Your source please???
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Admet75 wrote:
Eurostar wrote:Meanwhile up north it looks like 451 will be altered to continue down President Avenue, then Petherton Road, Stebonheath Road or Andrews Road, Womma Toad, Peachey Road, Winterslow Road, Elizabeth Way, Frobisher Street, Oxenham Drive, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station. 452 will continue from Newton Boulevard, then Peachey Road, Winterslow Road, Frobisher Street, Oxenham Drive, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station. Looks like 400 might go Waterloo Corner Road, Bagsters Road, Kelsey Road then existing route.
Your source please???
Just my thoughts
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
jibb

Post by jibb »

DPTI talks about implementing stage 2 0f the new Networks later this year. I am wondering what is stage 1?
As far as I can see the new Networks for Outer North-East, North-South ,East-West and Outer South would all have to be implemented at the same time.
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

jibb wrote:DPTI talks about implementing stage 2 0f the new Networks later this year. I am wondering what is stage 1?
As far as I can see the new Networks for Outer North-East, North-South ,East-West and Outer South would all have to be implemented at the same time.
I feel majority of bus routes should stay as they are, the only thing should change is route numbers i.e. G10 to 210, removing routes like 228 is plain stupid in my opinion.
jibb

Post by jibb »

No mention yet of the future of the J!X JetBus service between the City and the Airport?
I guess we will get a better idea sometime this month when Adelaide Metro releases details of its proposed changes to the Bus Network.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Just saw this media release on Transit Systems (Torrens Transits) website - https://www.transitsystems.com.au/news/ ... n-adelaide

Interesting comment by their CEO -

"For the North South region, Mr Feuerherdt said it has been designed as a fully integrated bus and Tram network, where both modes work together – complementing each other"

Only route that seems to link to the tram will be that Glenelg - Brighton - Marion route?
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Rumour today is that South link are being less than helpful and are not assisting Busways. The suggestions are, employee info is being withheld, emails are going unanswered and a request to use facilities at Lonsdale for Busways to meet the drivers was refused resulting in Busways having to find an alternative venue. Interesting times ahead if these stories are true.
jibb

Post by jibb »

If this is true ,I am sure DPTI/SAPTA would not be impressed and would intervene to rectify the situation. ³
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

So looking at the map TT13 will basically be the Elizabeth to Salisbury stretch of the 500
TT14 is basically a 225M
TT15 once out of Mawson Lakes is a current 228 up to Midway Road where it comes into Elizabeth through the current Elizabeth East section of 400
TT16 is a modified 560 just not servicing Central Districts Hospital at Jarvis Road and travelling straight along Bridge Road, no longer using Liberman Road and Kesters Road

Would it not be practical to just numbers these something like TT13 as 223/224
TT14 as 225
TT15 as 227/228
TT16 stay as 560

Those numbers would be a lot more easier for people to remember than TT13-16 I would have thought.

Interesting to note no buses will travel via Central Districts Hospital at Jarvis Road anymore going by this map.
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

I think the map is still being in the process of being refined by the group member who is drawing it.

My thoughts are -

TT13 will service Central Districts Private Hospital
TT14 is meant to be going via Nelson Rd according to the Parliamentary Report so the route may differ to the 225M
TT15 as per the map
TT16 is likely to be like the old 565 TTP to Mawson Lakes then run along Salisbury Hwy to Salisbury and Elizabeth. The AdMet website map shows the TTP to Mawson Lakes section as a Go Zone.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Are they going to renumber the bus fleet as well from oldest to newest (IE TT01 to say TT705).

This route numbering proposal sounds insane in my opinion. What happens if TT lose the contract? Will the names be replaced with an abbreviation of the new operator?

It sounds like no thought whatsoever has been put into this. Maybe the routes, but retaining the existing nomenclature and abolishing the alpha numeric route names will be more than sufficient.

Obviously retain the T prefix for limited stops services (such as T228). But there is no need to reinvent the wheel with the bus network. What are the 'Busways' routes going to be named? BW01 or whatever?
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

TA3001 wrote:This route numbering proposal sounds insane in my opinion. What happens if TT lose the contract? Will the names be replaced with an abbreviation of the new operator?
What's to say they're deliberately numbering routes to match some abbreviation of the contractor's name?

Perhaps these "TT" routes have been labelled as such in the interim to represent a group of routes Torrens have proposed or are working on presently for the Outer North area?
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

“Train Transfer” would be the most logical, as they all feed into the train

I doubt DPTI would let an operator number routes with their abbreviations in them
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

On the Busways site it shows a bus with 320 on it, I am taking from that clue is that Busways will take over Aberfoyle Park area i.e 320 and maybe a express version between Aberfoyle Hub and Flinders Station.
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

hillsbus wrote:I think the map is still being in the process of being refined by the group member who is drawing it.

My thoughts are -

TT14 is meant to be going via Nelson Rd according to the Parliamentary Report so the route may differ to the 225M
TT15 as per the map
TT16 is likely to be like the old 565 TTP to Mawson Lakes then run along Salisbury Hwy to Salisbury and Elizabeth. The AdMet website map shows the TTP to Mawson Lakes section as a Go Zone.
Its possible they might be numbered 513, 514, 515, 516
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:“Train Transfer” would be the most logical, as they all feed into the train
I forgot to include that in my post, and it would make sense given the drive to improve integration between all modes with these changes.
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

Eurostar wrote:On the Busways site it shows a bus with 320 on it, I am taking from that clue is that Busways will take over Aberfoyle Park area i.e 320 and maybe a express version between Aberfoyle Hub and Flinders Station.
Route 320 on Busways site that would be for advertising purposes only, 320 is a North-South route and always has been..
it does mostly the old 618 route except that it doesn't start/finish at Happy Valley like the 618 and 218,218F,218X used too.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

Eurostar wrote:
hillsbus wrote:I think the map is still being in the process of being refined by the group member who is drawing it.

My thoughts are -

TT15 as per the map
Its possible they might be numbered 513, 514, 515, 516
Thanks hillsbus that makes more sense as far as changes go. So if TT14 is going via Nelson Road I’m wondering if the 229 will change at all or whether they will share that stretch of road.

Eurostar that type of number sequence would be fine to as well as we already have 5** buses in the area, same with 4** numbers either way is a lot more easier for people to follow than TT13-16.

To be honest overall where routes don’t change or only slightly change let’s just leave them as they are such as 106,147,167,506,541-544,864 and there’s probably more. We’re keeping a lot of the 4** routes, 222, 566 and probably more I’ve missed so let’s stick with that and keep it simple.
Even re south routes they keeping 681,682 leave 720-727 as is with 7 in front.
Just my views on how to attract and keep people catching PT
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

Oh and I should add this is in no way a criticism of that map. You’ve done a fantastic job with it too!
leftyandy76
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M artics

Post by leftyandy76 »

Would the Route 400 still cover the Salisbury to Elizabeth as it does now?
leftyandy76
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M artics

Post by leftyandy76 »

Would the Route 400 still cover the Salisbury to Elizabeth as it does now?
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

leftyandy76 wrote:Would the Route 400 still cover the Salisbury to Elizabeth as it does now?
From the Parliamentary Report it says route 400 is now only Salisbury - Bolivar Rd (presume existing terminus)
BusPlaneTrainTram

Post by BusPlaneTrainTram »

Two x number 19s!
East-West 19 Rostrevor – City – Henley Beach.
Out Sth 19 City – South Road – Marion Shopping Centre – Hallett Cove Beach Station.
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

BusPlaneTrainTram wrote:Two x number 19s!
East-West 19 Rostrevor – City – Henley Beach.
Out Sth 19 City – South Road – Marion Shopping Centre – Hallett Cove Beach Station.
Great pick up BusPlaneTrainTram!

Here’s an easy solution - East-West = Rostrevor to City 123 then Henley Beach 286 and reverse
Outer South = 719

Simple and easy
jibb

Post by jibb »

It appears that the proposed Route numbering for Torrens Transit's new network bears no resemblance to the previous numbers to avoid any confusion considering most routes will change. Only exception is route 98.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”