[Jan/Feb 2017] SA Transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Re: [Jan/Feb 2017] SA Transport observations

Post by Diesel_MAN »

jibb wrote:Adelaide Metro real-time arrivals/Transit Times app was not working yesterday,nor so far this morning-maybe something to do with timetable/stop changes locations?
I managed to get real-time info on all runs departing Stop B2 Pulteney Street for a full 30-minute period when I checked half an hour ago. Otherwise, TransitTimes does seem to have been useless since yesterday.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

jibb wrote:Adelaide Metro real-time arrivals/Transit Times app was not working yesterday,nor so far this morning-maybe something to do with timetable/stop changes locations?
TransitTimes was working fine for me just 20min ago, maybe a problem on your end? :|
Diesel_MAN

Post by Diesel_MAN »

Hawkeye wrote:
TransitTimes was working fine for me just 20min ago, maybe a problem on your end? :|
No, something's not right when the only real-time info for routes servicing Stop A3 King William Road is a 98C.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Yes Transit Times is only working on selected routes/stops.Transit Times hasn't been updated for yesterdays changes.Adelaide Metro acknowledge there are problems they are trying to fix.
Nick
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O305G , PMCSA

Post by Nick »

Hawkeye wrote:

Sevices have changed will not show up.
Services that have not will show

Its to do with the BCU trip data not matching the GTFS , hence not be able to link to a trip.

If you look at the RAW real time data its working fine

Fix will take a few days for the data to trikkle down.

Give it to the end of the week

At least we did not get the major changes that where planed and then deferd.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Thank you Nick for the explanation. I contacted Adelaide Metro via Messenger,they told me they didn't know exactly what caused the problem and were now trying to fix it.
Would be interesting to see/know what changes were planned and how substantial they were?
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Many trips were missing from the BCU's today so that probably didn't help. Some kind of update failure possibly?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Skexis wrote:Many trips were missing from the BCU's today so that probably didn't help. Some kind of update failure possibly?
Interesting that with the last 2 years major timetable changes in January,there were no problems with Real Time/Transit Times-it all went off smoothly.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

I didn't see a notification with Transit Times about the O'bahn timetable changes last year. I had to search for updates the old fashioned way. Hence no RTI was available for O'bahn or other Botanic services such as the 281s which were through linked with 286/287/288 services.

I did notice a lot of services not showing up today for some reason. More than usual, even some that weren't being operated by CB80s surprisingly.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren CR224L

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

I haven't had any issues today, although I have only been looking at Hills services. There was an update on the 22nd of January in case anyone missed it.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868

Member of the:
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia
Diesel_MAN

Post by Diesel_MAN »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:I haven't had any issues today, although I have only been looking at Hills services. There was an update on the 22nd of January in case anyone missed it.
I actually managed to notice and install that one on the day it was released. I suspect it was for the end of the train subs, as it does not seem to have had anything to do with the widespread changes that have now occurred.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Diesel_MAN wrote:
Lt. Commander Data wrote:I haven't had any issues today, although I have only been looking at Hills services. There was an update on the 22nd of January in case anyone missed it.
I actually managed to notice and install that one on the day it was released. I suspect it was for the end of the train subs, as it does not seem to have had anything to do with the widespread changes that have now occurred.

The GTFS data that feeds apps like transit times has not been updated. For example it shows 502 are zone H at Salisbury however there now zons C. BCU show zone c hence transit times thinks its a different trip.

The real time data on adelaide metro website is corect. so is thr raw data comming from.buses

fix shoud be in place by end of week.

anyone thats whats a more detailed description of how real time works. feal free ro PM me on here
coach driver 1981

Post by coach driver 1981 »

2MSJ wrote:The Wrightbus at TT has been numbered 1905. Rego sent to fleet lists
1905 seen in service today doing a 167 from town not sure if today was its first day in service as ive been in victoria for a few days
Nick

Post by Nick »

coach driver 1981 wrote:
2MSJ wrote:The Wrightbus at TT has been numbered 1905. Rego sent to fleet lists
1905 seen in service today doing a 167 from town not sure if today was its first day in service as ive been in victoria for a few days
First Day today yes
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Noticed today the increased use of Z1 in KWR as opposed to Z2 has started to cause issues as buses have to queue back into the North Terrace/KWS intersection to get into Z1. Wonder which drongo authorised that change and how he/she ever managed to get promoted to a position that involves making decisions.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Skexis wrote:Noticed today the increased use of Z1 in KWR as opposed to Z2 has started to cause issues as buses have to queue back into the North Terrace/KWS intersection to get into Z1. Wonder which drongo authorised that change and how he/she ever managed to get promoted to a position that involves making decisions.
Don't know why they even bothered changing all those stops in the first place? I'm sure the money could have been better spent on "important things".
Diesel_MAN

Post by Diesel_MAN »

Skexis wrote:Noticed today the increased use of Z1 in KWR as opposed to Z2 has started to cause issues as buses have to queue back into the North Terrace/KWS intersection to get into Z1. Wonder which drongo authorised that change and how he/she ever managed to get promoted to a position that involves making decisions.
Before these changes, I saw buses at Stop Z2 taking up part of Stop Z1's space as well. I once saw an artic occupying some of Z1's space for a while as the driver was organising tickets for passengers. I wonder if the seemingly arbitrary reversal of Stops F1 and F2 on North Terrace is causing any problems too. If three artics show up doing a 528, 548 and G40 show up at that stop at the same time, it'll cause trouble.
coach driver 1981

Post by coach driver 1981 »

will 1905 become a city connector bus? as most of the early 1900s are
Bodø Glimt

Post by Bodø Glimt »

Diesel_MAN wrote:I once saw an artic occupying some of Z1's space for a while as the driver was organising tickets for passengers.
He/she shouldn't be opening the door until he/she gets up to the sign.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Diesel_MAN wrote:Before these changes, I saw buses at Stop Z2 taking up part of Stop Z1's space as well. I once saw an artic occupying some of Z1's space for a while as the driver was organising tickets for passengers. I wonder if the seemingly arbitrary reversal of Stops F1 and F2 on North Terrace is causing any problems too. If three artics show up doing a 528, 548 and G40 show up at that stop at the same time, it'll cause trouble.
Indeed. Might even be worth badly clogging it all up for a while so as to make "those that think they know better" change them back. Not that I would suggest actually doing that of course...;)
route 228

Post by route 228 »

Lonsdale's 2514 is on loan to Elizabeth spotted on a 228 Tuesday morning, Not sure how long its been here spotted it a couple of weeks back thought I misread the number.
Living on the 228 bus run.

Route 228 Smithfield interchange to Victoria Square in the city of Adelaide South Australia.
Diesel_MAN

Post by Diesel_MAN »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
Diesel_MAN wrote:I once saw an artic occupying some of Z1's space for a while as the driver was organising tickets for passengers.
He/she shouldn't be opening the door until he/she gets up to the sign.
That's true, so I'm guessing the driver was hoping to save some time and didn't anticipate that passengers buying tickets would take too long.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Light-City Buses fire damaged Scania Artic is now at Custom Coaches workshops at Wingfield presumably to undergo extensive repairs./
jibb

Post by jibb »

The GTFS data that feeds apps like transit times has not been updated. For example it shows 502 are zone H at Salisbury however there now zons C. BCU show zone c hence transit times thinks its a different trip.

The real time data on adelaide metro website is corect. so is thr raw data comming from.buses

fix shoud be in place by end of week.

anyone thats whats a more detailed description of how real time works. feal free ro PM me on here[/quote]

Transit Times has still not been updated,and is continuing to show info only for Routes that didn't have a timetable update on Sunday?
thedom
Favourite Vehicle: Jumbo (on an express service)

Post by thedom »

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... 9-Feburary

Partial Grange rail line closure Tuesday 14th Feb to end of 19th Feb. Trains will terminate at woodville late on the 14th and from the15th - 19th at Seaton Park during golf tournament.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”