January 2016 Timetable changes

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

January 2016 Timetable changes

Post by jibb »

On the Adelaide Metro website -in the message from the Rail Commissioner(also the CEO of DTPI) issued today,he states-
"We are working on updates to timetables across our rail,tram and bus networks to improve on time running and reliability.This is expected to be released in the New Year,and we will be running an extensive awareness campaign to advise of the changes when finalised. Keep an eye on the Adelaide Metro website and follow us on Facebook and Twitter".
Please don't hesitate to to contact me on any issue,and I'm particularly keen to get your feedback on how timetables can be improved as we look to update them early in the New Year.
runawaybus

Re: January 2016 Timetable changes

Post by runawaybus »

Source: http://rmsc.sa.edu.au/download/newslett ... 015-39.pdf page 10.

CHANGES TO ADELAIDE METRO PUBLIC TRANSPORT ACROSS METROPOLITAN ADELAIDE

On 26 January 2016, the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) and service providers will be making changes to Adelaide Metro public transport services in the metropolitan area.
Some dedicated and regular bus services will be affected and therefore it is important that students obtain information regarding these changes from the Adelaide Metro website at http://www.adelaidemetro.
com.au from early January 2016.

As part of the changes, DPTI will once again conduct a public awareness campaign closer to the implementation date. This will include media advertising including radio traffic reports, information from the Adelaide Metro website and the roll out of detailed customer information through timetables and kerbside information at affected bus stops and tram stations.
Information will also be available via the Adelaide Metro InfoLine 1300 311 108 and the Adelaide Metro Info Centres at the corner of Currie and King William Streets and the Adelaide Railway Station, North Terrace, open 7 days a week.

CONTACT INFORMATION
The school office is open between 8.30am and 4.00pm each school day. Our friendly staff will help you with any questions or queries.
Principal: Sandy Richardson
Phone: 08 8161 4600
Fax: 08 8161 4650
Street and Postal Address:
Briens Road Gepps Cross SA 5094
Region: Northern Regional Office
Email: dl.1902.info@schools.sa.edu.au
Definition of Commuter Consultation or even Community Consultation: "We've made up our minds don't confuse us with the facts".
Bodø Glimt

Post by Bodø Glimt »

I've noticed stop markings and a new B light at the corner of King William Street and Currie/Grenfell Street intersection so I presume there's a new route going in there.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

This B light has already got a few mentions in the Nov/Dec observations thread.
Torrens_5022

Post by Torrens_5022 »

Anyone noticed that timetable changes show on the Adelaide Metro site - was looking through the photos and decided to look up the 868, it shows a January 26th 2016 timetable - the 868 has been deleted (click on printed timetable on link)
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/routes/868
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren CR224L

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

MY 868!! NOOOOOOOOOO...

Luckily it has been replaced with the 865 between Stirling and Aldgate. So now the 865 goes from Aldgate depot via Mt Barker Rd, Aldgate, Euston Rd, Churinga Rd, Cricklewood Rd, Heathfield, Longwood Rd, Avenue Rd, Stirling, Then rte 866 to Crafers OR current rte 865 to city. It says the timetable is effective from 26 January 2015, but that's a Tuesday, so maybe they actually meant the 24th of January (a Sunday), as that is when changes normally come out. Expect to see me on the last 868 (and probably the first 865 as well).

Strangely, when I looked for the new 863/T863/etc timetable it came up with this year's edition. I wonder when there's going to be an official announcement about the new timetables...
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868

Member of the:
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia
Adelaide Hills DD
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K320UB Gemilang (3401)

Post by Adelaide Hills DD »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Why would you do this to me? :( Not the 868, that just means that all of the 866/868/823 feeders will have a completely different timetable, and all those heathfield kids wont have a bus to catch to and from school (excluding school buses). If you look at the timetable, there is a 866 and an 865 leaving stop 36 at the same time, which makes no sense what so ever.

A very strange decision to make, but I'm sure they have their reasons and have just reduced the cost.
What even is a bus?
Lt. Commander Data

The timetable is almost the same, as far as I can tell there is one extra service in each peak. The only thing is the Saturday 865 (direct to the city) has been replaced with an 865C (to Crafers) and an 866R (to Stirling). I wish they'd have kept it going to Aldgate via Heathfield, as there has never been a weekend Heathfield service.Heres the new timetable btw: https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/conten ... -01-16.pdf

Member of the:
Torrens_5022

Post by Torrens_5022 »

Are the January changes shown yet? or would this be an early update to Adelaide Metro, I haven't seen anything online (metro site) about changes.
Lt. Commander Data

The 865/866/(now ex-)868 timetable is the only new one I have found (I have only looked at the 8xx series tho).

Member of the:
jibb

Post by jibb »

26th January is the correct date,as previously mentioned.It is a Public Holiday namely Australia Day.
I think these new timetables slipped through accidentally,as they are not due to be released until next week.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

From what I understand the T843 is being replaced with 864F's
Adelaide Hills DD

Surely not, that is exactly what they need because its the only run 3401 can do on weekends and its useful for all the tourists that want to go to Hahndorf
What even is a bus?
Lt. Commander Data

If the T843 was cut, the people of Mt Barker would be much worse of, as 864/Fs are very tedious if you are trying to get somewhere. If the hourly sunday service was cut, would it be replaced with 864 (possibly 864Fs) every half hour? Or would we go back to one bus an hour in the Hills. I guess time will tell...

Member of the:
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Or we could wait until timetable changes are announced and released rather than speculating...
If January 26th is to be the start date then the announcment would probably be later this week, possibly early the week after.
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

Not sure if this is the best spot to place this comment/observation, but I really can't understand the idea of the 543G. I travel reguarly on the 543/543G service and with current timetables I don't see why the regular 543 services don't operate on weekends as the 2-3 minutes to travel up and back Illyarrie Avenue would fit in perfectly with the 9 minutes between buses arriving at Grenfell Road and leaving for the return trip. I would have thought it be better to service the whole run, unless there is a future plan for the 543G.

Also it would be good to see an hourly 559 operate on the weekend, it seems a pretty useful service the few times I've travelled on it during the weekday services.

Maybe these questions will be answered with the 26 January timetable changes
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Route 506 wrote:I don't see why the regular 543 services don't operate on weekends as the 2-3 minutes to travel up and back Illyarrie Avenue would fit in perfectly with the 9 minutes between buses arriving at Grenfell Road and leaving for the return trip.
When Serco ran the O-Bahn the 543 between TTP & Grenfell Rd was serviced by route 546 on weekends, I think this also ran to/from the city via the O-Bahn. Illyarrie Ave (or was it only Greenway Dr nearby?) was serviced by Suburban Link buses.

Shortly after Torrens Transit took over the O-Bahn they removed Suburban Link services and had regular routes operating full time. Route 543 ran to the Surrey Downs terminus all day, at night and on weekends. Local residents soon kicked up a fuss about (full-sized) buses along Illyarrie Ave on weekends and nights, so short-working 543G services were introduced to Redwood Park only (Grenfell Rd).

In 2015 under Light-City Buses the 543 was re-routed out of Arthur St due to the difficult right turn onto North East Rd which has 3 lanes either way, instead using all of Hazel Gr and Golden Grove Rd. The first early morning service from Illyarrie Ave on weekdays was also scaled back to start at Grenfell Rd. I doubt buses will travel along Illyarrie Ave at night or on weekends any time soon, although there is one exception - 1 or 2 buses start from Illyarrie Ave on the Saturday morning of the Christmas Pageant, but as far as I know there are no return services, but most stops are within close walking distance of other services.

:idea: Without getting too off topic the short-working 543G would have to be one of the very few routes that starts and finishes at different stops as its 'normal'. Down 543G services terminate at stop 58A Grenfell Rd while up 543 services start at stop 58 Grenfell Rd. Route 245 comes to mind as another with different start and finish locations. There wouldn't be too many more would there, either current or recent past? :?:
applecider

Post by applecider »

Here is the 645/646 timetable, looks about the same as the last one though.

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/conten ... -01-16.pdf
jibb

Post by jibb »

Thanks for that-a couple of day time 1/2 minute changes-most changes are after 8pm at night(2/3 minutes) with a slightly earlier last trip on weekends.
I am a little surprised that this timetable didn't get a complete overhaul as it is poorly patronised(both routes).
Lt. Commander Data

Eagle Eye wrote:

:idea: Without getting too off topic the short-working 543G would have to be one of the very few routes that starts and finishes at different stops as its 'normal'. Down 543G services terminate at stop 58A Grenfell Rd while up 543 services start at stop 58 Grenfell Rd. Route 245 comes to mind as another with different start and finish locations. There wouldn't be too many more would there, either current or recent past? :?:
Another one is the 821, it starts (AM) in Aldgate and goes to Glenunga, but in the PM it starts at Loreto College and terminates in Stirling.

Member of the:
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

Eagle Eye wrote:
Route 506 wrote:I don't see why the regular 543 services don't operate on weekends as the 2-3 minutes to travel up and back Illyarrie Avenue would fit in perfectly with the 9 minutes between buses arriving at Grenfell Road and leaving for the return trip.
When Serco ran the O-Bahn the 543 between TTP & Grenfell Rd was serviced by route 546 on weekends, I think this also ran to/from the city via the O-Bahn. Illyarrie Ave (or was it only Greenway Dr nearby?) was serviced by Suburban Link buses.

Shortly after Torrens Transit took over the O-Bahn they removed Suburban Link services and had regular routes operating full time. Route 543 ran to the Surrey Downs terminus all day, at night and on weekends. Local residents soon kicked up a fuss about (full-sized) buses along Illyarrie Ave on weekends and nights, so short-working 543G services were introduced to Redwood Park only (Grenfell Rd).

In 2015 under Light-City Buses the 543 was re-routed out of Arthur St due to the difficult right turn onto North East Rd which has 3 lanes either way, instead using all of Hazel Gr and Golden Grove Rd. The first early morning service from Illyarrie Ave on weekdays was also scaled back to start at Grenfell Rd. I doubt buses will travel along Illyarrie Ave at night or on weekends any time soon, although there is one exception - 1 or 2 buses start from Illyarrie Ave on the Saturday morning of the Christmas Pageant, but as far as I know there are no return services, but most stops are within close walking distance of other services.

Thanks for the info and history on Route 543 Eagle Eye. I wonder if Illyarrie Avenue will get cut out altogether in the future or just remain a weekday terminus
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
Adelaide Hills DD

What even is a bus?
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Adelaide Hills DD wrote:Changes have been released: https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... 26-January
I hope there's a more detailed explanation coming than the one currently showing... :|
Adelaide Hills DD

Eagle Eye wrote:
Adelaide Hills DD wrote:Changes have been released: https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... 26-January
I hope there's a more detailed explanation coming than the one currently showing... :|
If you click on the routes, there is an updated timetable below the current one that shows the new running times.
What even is a bus?
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

I love it that the photograph they have used on the website shows the old Melbourne MAN bus 1367 that hasn't been on the road for a couple of years.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”