[Dec 2012] SA Transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Heardy_101
Favourite Vehicle: 2000 Class Railcar (Jumbo)

[Dec 2012] SA Transport observations

Post by Heardy_101 »

Where HAS the time gone?

Only one month, yes one month left of 2012.

Post your observations regarding South Australian transport observations that wouldn't seem to warrant their own thread here.
Cheers, Mitchell Heard

South Australian Regional Rail Alliance
www.facebook.com/SARegionalRailAlliance
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Re: [Dec 2012] SA Transport observations

Post by TT »

Torrens doing train subs today and tomorrow for the Grange and Outer Hbr line closures.
Heardy_101

Post by Heardy_101 »

When do they officially start?
Cheers, Mitchell Heard

jibb

Post by jibb »

As previously mentioned in November SA Transport observations- all today and tomorrow.It was also on the Adelaide Metro website.
Heardy_101

Post by Heardy_101 »

What I meant to say was, when do they officially start for the rail closures, or is the Outer Harbour/Grange Line staying open during that time? Sorry for the ignorance but I haven't properly read the November observations.
Cheers, Mitchell Heard

busrider
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

http://adelaidemetro.com.au/Announcemen ... sures-2013
The Adelaide Railway Station will be closed from 2 January 2013 to 3 February 2013 to upgrade the tracks in the Adelaide rail yard and prepare it for electrification.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

In December expect to see the final retirements of SG280H artics as these buses are prepared to become rail sub buses from January. At time of writing it would seem only 2369-2372 for SouthLink remain in service while LCB's 5 'in service' SG280Hs have rarely been seen on the road of late. 353 made a few appearances last week. Expect to see more MAN artics and Mercedes Buses on the road in late December for driver training and testing.

Adelaide Railway Station will close in a little over 4 weeks for 1 month as it prepares to have its yard rebuilt and electrification support installed. December is also the last time LCB will run Tonsley rail subs, with SouthLink to take over from January running the service as the N7 route.

Perhaps most sadly of all, December could be the last time Jumbo railcars will see regular service on the Noarlunga line. They may see service for a short time after the Noarlunga and Seaford lines reopen in late 2013, but now is the time to get your last photos/rides of these wonderful girls on the southern line in case there aren't any opportunities next year.

Don't forget free rides on public transport after midnight on New Year's Eve, a regular favourite time for gunzels to be out and about.

Last but not least a Merry Christmas to all on this forum and let's hope the Seacombe Rd bridge closure won't cause too many hastles with Christmas shoppers cramming onto Sturt Rd near Westfield Marion, however that's about as likely as getting snow for Christmas! Where's the bus lane on Sturt Rd when you need it? :idea:
jibb

Post by jibb »

Sturt Road is getting worse by the week and with the Rail Closures starting next month there is a probability it will get worse-also many Rail sub buses using Sturt Road before turning left into Morphett Road, the whole area particularly around Morphett Road,Diagonal Road,Oaklands crossing(even though no trains) will be pretty chaotic.
Greasyrhys
Favourite Vehicle: 'Jumbos', Subaru Impreza

Post by Greasyrhys »

Eagle Eye wrote:In December expect to see the final retirements of SG280H artics as these buses are prepared to become rail sub buses from January. At time of writing it would seem only 2369-2372 for SouthLink remain in service while LCB's 5 'in service' SG280Hs have rarely been seen on the road of late. 353 made a few appearances last week. Expect to see more MAN artics and Mercedes Buses on the road in late December for driver training and testing.

Adelaide Railway Station will close in a little over 4 weeks for 1 month as it prepares to have its yard rebuilt and electrification support installed. December is also the last time LCB will run Tonsley rail subs, with SouthLink to take over from January running the service as the N7 route.

Perhaps most sadly of all, December could be the last time Jumbo railcars will see regular service on the Noarlunga line. They may see service for a short time after the Noarlunga and Seaford lines reopen in late 2013, but now is the time to get your last photos/rides of these wonderful girls on the southern line in case there aren't any opportunities next year.

Don't forget free rides on public transport after midnight on New Year's Eve, a regular favourite time for gunzels to be out and about.

Last but not least a Merry Christmas to all on this forum and let's hope the Seacombe Rd bridge closure won't cause too many hastles with Christmas shoppers cramming onto Sturt Rd near Westfield Marion, however that's about as likely as getting snow for Christmas! Where's the bus lane on Sturt Rd when you need it? :idea:
There's a chance that the Jumbos may be withdrawn altogether after the 28th of this month, hope that's not the case.

I'll be getting photos, also I'll make a few recordings with my camcorder!
Southlink's two competitors are: 'Scania-City Buses' and 'MAN Transit'. :(
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

I would like to think that the Jumbos would see service on Monday 31 December - although it is New Years Eve; it is still a 'normal' working day.

In any case, I would like to think that some Jumbos would be saved by preservation groups; I'm thinking Steamranger and National Rail Museum here. The other thing to consider is the delivery rate of the new electric railcars; there would need to be (by my reckoning) 10 three car electric sets delivered in order to release enough 3000's to significantly reduce the number of Jumbos in service. Even with 10 electric sets; there would still need to be diesel workings on the Noarlunga line during peak periods.

In retrospect; it took about five years to deliver the last batch of 50 3000's built. Going by those numbers it will take about six years to deliver the 66 electric cars ordered.
Get the Firefox internet browser at: http://www.firefox.com
Watch out for ghostly bus drivers!
Hull Depot Approver
Favourite Vehicle: AdMet Scania CB60/80 Artic's

Post by Hull Depot Approver »

Very important news !! Hull depot is arriving on Sunday 9th for a month, now that has to be the highlight of the year :):):) see you all soon !!

Paul From Hull in the UK (well for 5 more days)
Calling from Kingston upon Hull in the UK so I am 10 1/2 hours behind Adelaide !

Formerly Paul From Hull
busrider
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

We'll have to refer to you as "Paul in Adelaide" for the duration of your trip here...
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

The 10:29am 224F from Salisbury to the city is 2113... A Midi! Been a while since I have seen a midi on this run. Also been a while since I have seen any Southlink city bound services as a midi. Still in shock.
Tonsley213
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Tonsley213 »

Norlunga Train services are suspended due to an incident between a pedestrian and a train.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

And Noarlunga train services are now running again.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Whyalla
Favourite Vehicle: the MERCEDES-BENZ O305

Post by Whyalla »

I recently noticed #1525 and #1563 had 'full back' advertising, similar to #1170, #1560, #1564, #2589 and #2594.
retiredbendy
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 0305/G, MAN SG
Location: Any suburb around Adelaide were there are lots of Admet vehicles!

Post by retiredbendy »

Whyalla wrote:I recently noticed #1525 and #1563 had 'full back' advertising, similar to #1170, #1560, #1564, #2589 and #2594.
More to add to the list- #2513, #2515, #2516.

Cheers,
Retiredbendy
Bring back the 'Old Articulated' buses in 2013 for the Rail Subs!
HomerSimpson
Favourite Vehicle: 2521 Bus

Post by HomerSimpson »

849 has been returned to torrens transit mile end
The Phonj
Administrator

Post by The Phonj »

and was sighted on a 172 this afternoon.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Has TT sent a replacement to LCB?
The Phonj
Administrator

Post by The Phonj »

TT have previously sent 4 CNG SL202's, 4 diesel NL202's (prototypes) and 4 Scania L94UB's to LCB, and LCB have been receiving some new deliveries lately.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Eagle Eye wrote:In December expect to see the final retirements of SG280H artics as these buses are prepared to become rail sub buses from January. At time of writing it would seem only 2369-2372 for SouthLink remain in service while LCB's 5 'in service' SG280Hs have rarely been seen on the road of late. 353 made a few appearances last week. Expect to see more MAN artics and Mercedes Buses on the road in late December for driver training and testing.

2367 is still in service too, I had it on a run to Munno Para Shopping City today
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
StAgnesFitter

Post by StAgnesFitter »

The Phonj wrote:TT have previously sent 4 CNG SL202's, 4 diesel NL202's (prototypes) and 4 Scania L94UB's to LCB, and LCB have been receiving some new deliveries lately.
i work at St agnes depot LCB in the workshop. We got 1346,1347, 1348,1349 and 1265-1268. Also 353 Ex southlink 2353 from Morphetville to give it is final service before retirement. It is alongside 359 in our depot. We use these as training buses. 353 has had left rear body damage repaired and looks all shiny and new.
thedom
Favourite Vehicle: Jumbo (on an express service)

Post by thedom »

bigrobbo wrote:The 10:29am 224F from Salisbury to the city is 2113... A Midi! Been a while since I have seen a midi on this run. Also been a while since I have seen any Southlink city bound services as a midi. Still in shock.
Must be a rostering thing as 2118 was on the same service on Friday....
Greasyrhys
Favourite Vehicle: 'Jumbos', Subaru Impreza

Post by Greasyrhys »

Thought the capacity of the midi's was too small for city runs?
Southlink's two competitors are: 'Scania-City Buses' and 'MAN Transit'. :(

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”