verbatim9

Skybus

Post by verbatim9 »

Skybus begins services to and from Brisbane Airport and the CBD

Executive Traveller---> Skybus’ Brisbane City Express airport service takes off
daveeyh

Re: Skybus

Post by daveeyh »

I don't see in the point in this - a bus service every 2 hours when the train runs, at worst, every 30 minutes.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Its nothing unusual. There are many cities in Europe and America where you have a choice between rail and bus/ tram services between airport and city. I suspect the two hour frequency partly reflects the current reduced travel levels. Presumably if the service is a success it would ramp up to hourly or even half hourly over time. There's also the convenience factor. When I fly into Brisbane, I usually stay near King George Square which means a 10 min walk from either Central or Roma Street. The Skybus will offer me a stop more or less across the road from where I stay. Lets also remember that there have been previous similar services such as that once operated by Coachtrans to and from the Transit Centre.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
verbatim9

Post by verbatim9 »

Brisbane Times----> Buses take on trains to get to the planes
SkyBus head of operations Matthew Carney said the company planned to eventually move towards a 15 minutes frequency over the course of its initial seven-year contract with Brisbane Airport.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”