QLD Electric Buses Listing

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

Megumi

Re: QLD Electric Buses Listing

Post by Megumi »

Let me put the photo of the "luxury" interior.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

It was the Yutong Australia distributor who buggered the internal design of the local E12, but no doubt most local operators don't see anything wrong with it. I suspect most Australian bus operators have never used a bus as a passenger.
BT Enthusiast
Favourite Vehicle: CB80 or Denning Phoenix

Post by BT Enthusiast »

This strikes me, there are no handrails around the back and are those ARMRESTS on the isles of the bench setas?

I'm quite disappointed but hopefully they get better stuff when the actual tender comes for the future
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

BT Enthusiast wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 pm
I'm quite disappointed but hopefully they get better stuff when the actual tender comes for the future
To achieve that, the agency needs to set minimum design standards that must be complied with in a tender, but no Australian transport agency seems to do that very effectively other than WA. For electric buses, a minimum standard should be a stepless gangway.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

tonyp wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 pm
BT Enthusiast wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 pm
To achieve that, the agency needs to set minimum design standards that must be complied with in a tender, but no Australian transport agency seems to do that very effectively other than WA. For electric buses, a minimum standard should be a stepless gangway.
Transport agencies in Australia should have a standardised interior layout so then the agency will be setting the floor layout and capacity numbers per bus
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

That should extend to addressing the issue of why an identical 12 metre bus can have a capacity of 80 in WA and 60 something on the east coast. I thought we had national standards for heavy vehicles loads? Since the Custom Denning Element can clearly hold the claimed 80 passengers thanks to its well-designed saloon, having state authorities downrating it to 60 something is a serious issue.
Skyblue1

Post by Skyblue1 »

Nudgee College is using a white Yutong for its school runs around Redcliffe, seen yesterday.
verbatim9

Post by verbatim9 »

moa999

Post by moa999 »

Hilarious the first comment from a Nambucca Heads NSW person who doesn't realise Sydney has had electric buses and now has 30+, and will be nearing 100 by end of year.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

moa999 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:37 pm Hilarious the first comment from a Nambucca Heads NSW person who doesn't realise Sydney has had electric buses and now has 30+, and will be nearing 100 by end of year.
It's OK, it's a Nine Media newspaper so anything critical of a Liberal government is OK to print. Try sending a response to correct this misinformation and see how you go with getting it published!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Has anybody seen or seen a photo of the back of the Yutong to get the passenger capacity figures (seated and standing)?
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

tonyp wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:37 am Has anybody seen or seen a photo of the back of the Yutong to get the passenger capacity figures (seated and standing)?
I think the driver would just let passengers squeeze in until they're beyond the red line at the front door.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Megumi wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:55 am
I think the driver would just let passengers squeeze in until they're beyond the red line at the front door.
Aren't the capacity figures printed on the back of the bus?

Seating capacity is a matter of counting the seats inside the bus but that's not clear from photographs.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

I’ve never seen passenger capacity on a Council bus before the way that STA (and other NSW operators?) do.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Cazza wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:11 pm I’ve never seen passenger capacity on a Council bus before the way that STA (and other NSW operators?) do.
If memory serves correct, don't Council buses have the capacity marked on the front bulkhead or somewhere in the driver's vicinity?
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Cazza wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:11 pm I’ve never seen passenger capacity on a Council bus before the way that STA (and other NSW operators?) do.
Here's the Custom Denning Element in Brisbane with the Queensland passenger capacity on the back. Surely that's a state government requirement for all public buses?

CD Element BrisbaneR2.jpg
CD Element BrisbaneR2.jpg (146.3 KiB) Viewed 3652 times
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

As Merc said, it could be in the driver's cab vicinity somewhere but it definitely isn't stickered to the outside like down in NSW. From memory, I want to say some private operators up here do have it on the back (like Kangaroo Bus Lines maybe) but I haven't really noticed it much, if at all.
blow1940

Post by blow1940 »

The TfB Yutong E12 are 44 seated with 20 standees.

Same as the TfNSW vehicles that are at interline.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

blow1940 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:34 pm The TfB Yutong E12 are 44 seated with 20 standees.

Thanks, it's good to have that information. The standee figure is so random, the union must have had some influence on it, like Sydney. It's the same with the Custom Denning Element which, with its spacious flat floor, would comfortably take over 30 standees. The more cramped Yutongs and BYDs with their stairs and high floors not so much.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

The Custom Denning Element Demo that was in Queensland is now in NSW with Punchbowl Bus Company
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Was there any operator in Queensland outside the Brisbane City Council that actually wanted to trial the CD Element. This now means that all 3 Element demos are running around Sydney with the 2 NSW registered demos are currently operating for Interline and Busways and the one on Queensland rego operating for Punchbowl Bus Co
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:01 pm Was there any operator in Queensland outside the Brisbane City Council that actually wanted to trial the CD Element. This now means that all 3 Element demos are running around Sydney with the 2 NSW registered demos are currently operating for Interline and Busways and the one on Queensland rego operating for Punchbowl Bus Co
A lot of operators drove it and it was with Translink for a short while. There are four demonstrators.

https://www.custombus.com.au/element/el ... ctric-bus/
blow1940

Post by blow1940 »

tonyp wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:38 pm
blow1940 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:34 pm The TfB Yutong E12 are 44 seated with 20 standees.

Thanks, it's good to have that information. The standee figure is so random, the union must have had some influence on it, like Sydney. It's the same with the Custom Denning Element which, with its spacious flat floor, would comfortably take over 30 standees. The more cramped Yutongs and BYDs with their stairs and high floors not so much.
The reason for the standees number is weight, the gvm only allows so many it just happens to be 20.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

blow1940 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:17 pm
The reason for the standees number is weight, the gvm only allows so many it just happens to be 20.
Yes I know that weight comes into it. What puzzles me is that I thought axle loads are a national standard yet an identical bus can carry 15 or 20 more people in WA (and I think SA) than in the eastern states.
verbatim9

Post by verbatim9 »

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”