Logan Coaches electric bus trial

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

tonyp

Logan Coaches electric bus trial

Post by tonyp »

A Yutong E12 demonstrator is entering service with Logan Coaches:

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... ute-starts

Queensland now joins NSW, ACT and Victoria in trialling electric buses.
Derwent

Re: Logan Coaches electric bus trial

Post by Derwent »

Yay!
I’ll be looking out for it...
1of55

Post by 1of55 »

Thanks to Tonyp for this posting on the forum. I had a ride on this air-conditioned electric Yutong today from Beenleigh to Yarrabilba and back to Loganlea. Very smooth ride and good acceleration. Travels at maximum speed on the M1 and is good at stopping and starting at traffic lights and bus stops on more urban roads. Only thing I found was a difficulty in obtaining a timetable. It is not on the Translink system and a separate fare is payable. At Beenleigh station there is no information where it will stop, nor does it show on the Logan Hyperdome bus destination display. Only at Yarrabilba are there Translink style bus stops with timetables. It departs from the lead stop at Beenleigh bus interchange (giving details of the taxi service to Mt Tamborine) stop D at Logan Hyperdome and across the road from Loganlea railway station, should anyone from out of town wish to try a ride in the bus. It runs Monday to Saturday, not public holidays. I down loaded the PDF timetable from the Logan Coaches web site http://www.logancoaches.com.au/images/p ... etable.pdf
Attachments
picking up passengers at Loganlea Station
picking up passengers at Loganlea Station
LoganCoachesElectriYutongoffside22112019Loganlea2.JPG (219.82 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
Rear veiw
Rear veiw
LoganCoachesElectriYutongrear22112019Loganlea.JPG (217.97 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
The Interior
The Interior
LoganCoachesElectriYutonginterior22112019yarrabilba.JPG (279.86 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The timetable is dated June 2019 so it must have been operating before this bus was introduced into service. Also at some times of the day on weekdays it appears that a second bus is required on this service.
Living in the Shire.
1of55

Post by 1of55 »

Yes the route has operated for many years with conventional buses. It used to go to Cunungra via Yarrabilba., see photo taken in 2013 http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-5336. The route does use more than 1 bus. As I wanted to travel on the electric bus I rang the number on the time table before I traveled to ensure that it was operating.
1of55

Post by 1of55 »

From 29th June the route operated by Logan Coaches from Loganlea to Yarrabilba will part of the Translink network with more services and passengers will be able use their Go card to pay the fare.
zto305

Post by zto305 »

1of55 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:35 pm From 29th June the route operated by Logan Coaches from Loganlea to Yarrabilba will part of the Translink network with more services and passengers will be able use their Go card to pay the fare.
Any reason for not operating by Clarks Logan?
1|2|D|N|R
1of55

Post by 1of55 »

It was previously operated by Logan Coaches.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”