Experience with MAN 19.320

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

Megumi

Experience with MAN 19.320

Post by Megumi »

I had a nice trip from Upper Mount Gravatt to Capabala shopping centre by Mt. Gravatt service 262.
The driver was very kind. He is David and was nominated on People's Choice award of TRANSLink. I remember I voted him.
I have uploaded the video to YouTube.https://youtu.be/7nYxCpxXv1o

Now, I want to talk about my feeling from this trip.
The bus was built on MAN 19.320 chassis and its bodywork was CUSTOM Coaches CB80. The engine was in Euro 6. The engine was really quiet. Besides, the air suspension was awsome as well and the interior decoration was also good without any vibration.
I used to think MAN's cockpit is ugly because of the red LED light. But now they have changed that. The floor of back was too high so passengers have to be very careful when going upstairs to the back seats.
BT Enthusiast
Favourite Vehicle: CB80 or Denning Phoenix

Re: Experience with MAN 19.320

Post by BT Enthusiast »

That is a very quiet bus! Even the new B8's with Ecolife gearbox aren't that quiet. But one thing that is good about the new 2800s at Toowong is that they have double rear doors :) been waiting for that for a while; previously you could only get on B12's.
PoweredByCNG
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O 405

Post by PoweredByCNG »

The engine found on the 19.320s is nothing short of extraordinary. So much power but so little noise, vibration and harshness. They're supposed to be really good on fuel too. The low amount of vibration would contribute to prolonged vehicle lifespan due to lower overall fatigue over time. It's a great design!
Proud owner of ex-Transperth 1042 and ex-Transperth 1114.
CNC

Post by CNC »

They are a great unit. Good on fuel and very little maintenance compared to the 290 and 360 variants. We have 390,000 on ours and it doesn't miss a beat.

We have two on order at the moment in addition to the one we already have.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

CNC wrote:They are a great unit. Good on fuel and very little maintenance compared to the 290 and 360 variants. We have 390,000 on ours and it doesn't miss a beat.

We have two on order at the moment in addition to the one we already have.
As I have a factory engine manual for all MAN Motors if you require one
GUY ARAB

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”