Ventura/Grenda 669 in service

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
venturatiger

Ventura/Grenda 669 in service

Post by venturatiger »

Hi there, here is a shot of (669) now with Ventura stickers on an route 843 to Mossgiel Park

Cheers Venturatiger

http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-4550
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Re: Ventura/Grenda 669 in service

Post by Mercedes »

Still not overly keen on the sides as its too plain. I do like the blue better than the current dark blue but if there was more on the sides it would be good.
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

What's with the Dandenong on the upper rear OS venturatiger :?: I'm sure I haven't seen that on any buses before :?
josh01
Favourite Vehicle: Moorabbin Transit 553

Post by josh01 »

My guess dandenong night rider but I'm not to sure
Craig

Post by Craig »

josh01 wrote:My guess dandenong night rider but I'm not to sure
I would have thought it's to an attempt to keep some local branding (ie Moorabbin Transit buses would have Moorabbin etc).

As for the bland side, probably decided it will be covered by an advert soon enough anyway, and the current stripes would suffice.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
John

Post by John »

Craig wrote:
josh01 wrote:My guess dandenong night rider but I'm not to sure
I would have thought it's to an attempt to keep some local branding (ie Moorabbin Transit buses would have Moorabbin etc).

As for the bland side, probably decided it will be covered by an advert soon enough anyway, and the current stripes would suffice.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
I can see a gap in the chrome painted trim along the side of the bus suggesting you might be on the money (although it was probably like that from the previous livery).
Keep Melbourne Moving.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

That "chrome trim" you mention (I think) is in fact hinges, as those panels hinge open for ease of access, whereas the middle panel are simply screwed on and do not hinge.
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:That "chrome trim" you mention (I think) is in fact hinges, as those panels hinge open for ease of access, whereas the middle panel are simply screwed on and do not hinge.
And they are actually rubber hinges.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

I think it looks very classy...

Moreover, from an artistic, aesthetic point of view, it is strongly suggestive of forward motion in a modern world, which would be very pleasing to the management at Ventura, who are rather averse to drivers reversing buses.. :wink:

:lol:
scott

Post by scott »

I also think it looks very smart and modern and should be adopted across the Ventura Group, It looks fresh and will still look good in 10 years time. The only thing is maybe add a bit of red in there.
Dennis Dart

Post by Dennis Dart »

The number G669 appears on the offside above the driver's window. I wonder whether this was an oversight as I understand the "Dandenong" branding was intended to replace the operator name.

Regards,

Dennis
That's all Folks.
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

Looks much better from this angle and I'm starting to like it a lot. As Mercedes said, a little more colour on the side would be nice. However that would make it look even more like a ripoff of the Seymour Coaches livery.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
scott

Post by scott »

Maybe they could put the red in as I suggested above to a) give it more colour and b) separate it from the Seymour livery.

Also the Knox City Council community buses sport the same blue and yellow colour scheme, I can't find a photo, but they are the same colours.

But nevertheless, a very nice effort by Grentura.
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

Perhaps add a light blue shade to it to keep the light and dark blues with the yellow? will just add a bit more i reckon
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

Interesting to note the latest Ventura news letter suggests that the marketing department is considering its options regarding livery, and the plan is to decide on a livery that will be painted on all new buses delivered across all 15 depots. So who knows, perhaps this 669 is just an experiment, and might not be the ultimate final product. Only time will tell.
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

If Ventura are going to the ex Grenda fleet like this at least you will know which part of the Ventura network it came from.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

I'm not sure why, but I really like this, even though it's really not much of a change from the original Grenda livery.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
Luke
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7RLE

Post by Luke »

To me it looks like its missing something where the old Grenda signage was.
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

SmartBusfan wrote:To me it looks like its missing something where the old Grenda signage was.
Maybe putting a blue Ventura logo (similar to on the front and rear) in that spot would be a good idea.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Mitch wrote:I'm not sure why, but I really like this, even though it's really not much of a change from the original Grenda livery.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
With a change over from Grenda TO Ventura, why would they keep the Grenda livery more predominant. I would have thought, and going by reports in some media, that EVENTUALLY all buses would be Ventura livery, with Grenda disappearing altogether, however, in saying that . . .
V981 wrote:Interesting to note the latest Ventura news letter suggests that the marketing department is considering its options regarding livery, and the plan is to decide on a livery that will be painted on all new buses delivered across all 15 depots. So who knows, perhaps this 669 is just an experiment, and might not be the ultimate final product. Only time will tell.
it looks like Ventura may :?: :?: opt for a completely new livery version :?:
Volvo_B9R

Post by Volvo_B9R »

How could they even think of changing a colour scheme which has been around as they put everywhere on their buses "since 1924" Its been the same basic blues since then & to change it drastically would make Ventura just another name rather than a proper branding. When people think of Ventura, the first thing in your mind is the 2 blues. Same is said for the Grenda depots, when most people are asked what they think of Peninsula, straight away you think of the light blue livery, or Moorabbin the dark green. Not this silly corporate livery which lost the face of what the group started with. To change it to anything else would make it just another corporate trying to go cheaply. The way Venturas latest Volgrens look in their 2 blue livery is basically amazing. The same basic style livery with Ventura & maybe the dandenong bit on it would be enough.
Luke
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7RLE

Post by Luke »

RailwayBus wrote:
SmartBusfan wrote:To me it looks like its missing something where the old Grenda signage was.
Maybe putting a blue Ventura logo (similar to on the front and rear) in that spot would be a good idea.
Yeah, that would look quite good.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

How could they even think of changing a colour scheme which has been around as they put everywhere on their buses "since 1924" Its been the same basic blues since then & to change it drastically would make Ventura just another name rather than a proper branding. When people think of Ventura, the first thing in your mind is the 2 blues. Same is said for the Grenda depots, when most people are asked what they think of Peninsula, straight away you think of the light blue livery, or Moorabbin the dark green. Not this silly corporate livery which lost the face of what the group started with. To change it to anything else would make it just another corporate trying to go cheaply. The way Venturas latest Volgrens look in their 2 blue livery is basically amazing. The same basic style livery with Ventura & maybe the dandenong bit on it would be enough.
Ummm... because maybe they want to change the livery to something more modern reflecting the liveries of both of the existing large companies that now make up Ventura. The Ventura / Grenda situation is not the same as large Ventura taking over small companies like Ivanhoe or US Buslines. It is large Ventura merging with large Grenda. I would speculate that maybe someone has decided this may require a different approach to ordering more two tone blue buses with the small companies name on the side ala National, US or Ivanhoe. Probably rightly so.

As for the comments about Moorabbin being known in the area for the 2 tone green, I suspect that there are many people in the area for whom the livery of a just over 20 year old company may not actually register terribly much, especially given I don't even think it was the orginal livery. Some of us still remember the more striking liveries of Blue and Silver, Southland Bus Services or Sandringham Bus Company, companies which were around much longer.

Then there are those who don't care what the livery is, as long as the bus turns up on time, the service is frequent and gets them to where they want to go on time without it taking a lot longer than driving...
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

krustyklo wrote:As for the comments about Moorabbin being known in the area for the 2 tone green, I suspect that there are many people in the area for whom the livery of a just over 20 year old company may not actually register terribly much, especially given I don't even think it was the orginal livery. Some of us still remember the more striking liveries of Blue and Silver, Southland Bus Services or Sandringham Bus Company, companies which were around much longer.

Then there are those who don't care what the livery is, as long as the bus turns up on time, the service is frequent and gets them to where they want to go on time without it taking a lot longer than driving...
Absolutely right..

For 99.99999% of the bus-using population, they couldn't care less about the livery, type of bus, nationality of driver, which company owns it, etc, as long as the bus turns up approximately on time and gets them where they want to go in around about the time the timetable refers to.
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

Peter1805 wrote:
krustyklo wrote:As for the comments about Moorabbin being known in the area for the 2 tone green, I suspect that there are many people in the area for whom the livery of a just over 20 year old company may not actually register terribly much, especially given I don't even think it was the orginal livery. Some of us still remember the more striking liveries of Blue and Silver, Southland Bus Services or Sandringham Bus Company, companies which were around much longer.

Absolutely right..

For 99.99999% of the bus-using population, they couldn't care less about the livery, type of bus, nationality of driver, which company owns it, etc, as long as the bus turns up approximately on time and gets them where they want to go in around about the time the timetable refers to.
Yep! Most regular passengers only look out for one thing on the outside of the bus, and that is the correct route number on the front and that's all. (Though some would argue that people even do this, lol)

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”