Throwback, Simpler Times (Part Four)

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Throwback, Simpler Times (Part Four)

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Welcome to the 4th part in my on-going series, "Throwback, Simpler Times". Basically in this series I aim to showcase photos of Public Transport (mainly buses but if there is demand for trains I'm always happy to do that later on) both inside & outside my region way before the world would be dealing with a global pandemic. This is to give you a break from the on going situation and look back on public transport way before we'd come to be dealing with a mass pandemic.

Note: If the Image quality seems off it is because these images were taken on my older now retired DSLR and shot in the RAW format & then coverted to png file format, I've tried to clear up the photos but there is only so much I can do. Please don't complain about the quality as I can't do anything further to change it.

Before we start with Part 4, you can always take a look at my previous submissions by visiting the following addresses.

Part 1 can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=91999)
Part 2 can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=92024)
Part 3 Can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=92063)

In part 4 we'll be stepping outside of the Newcastle region to look back on some photos I'd taken on a visit to Tuggerah with a friend of mine on the New South Wales Central Coast in October 2018.

I started the trip off by taking a walk over to Westfield Tuggerah where we see 2637 MO an Iveco Metro Custom CB80 from Coastal Liner, leaving to perform a service run to Lake Haven via Warnervale on route 78.

My friend & I spent some time at Westfield Tuggerah while we were up here so I didn't really get an opptunity to photograph the various buses at Westfield until we made our return back to Tuggerah station while we waited for our Train to take us back to Newcastle.

Tuggerah Station provides plenty of amazing photograph angles to take photos from, the background scenery is amazing with plenty of Green Trees and Hills that make up a cozy but bright scene.

Busways Wyong 6716 MO, a MAN 18.310 HOCL-R-NL with Bustech VST Bodywork has just departed the Pacific Highway bus stand opposite Tuggerah Station and is well on its way to run towards Lake Haven via Kanwal on route 81.

Busways Wyong 6719 MO, also an MAN 18.310 HOCL-R-NL featuring the same Bustech VST Bodywork as 6716 MO has just picked up some passengers at the Pacific Highway Bus Stand opposite Tuggerah Station & is now waiting for the Traffic light to turn green so it can continue on route 79 to Lake Haven.

Busways Wyong 6725 MO, MAN 18.310 HOCL-R-NL Bustech VST is seen cruising along the Pacific Highway towards Tuggerah Station as it performs a route 80 to Lake Haven via the Pacific Highway.

Lastly we have Busways Wyong 6712 MO, MAN 18.310 HOCL-R-NL Bustech VST on route 81 to Westfield Tuggerah.

The Trip up there was amazing and In the future I'd love to return up here to explore more of the area and do more bus spotting, it is amazing place and after the pandemic is dealt with, I'd recommend you check it out.

Thank you for viewing, if you enjoyed this, please leave comments or feedback, I'd love to hear if you've been enjoying my series.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Throwback, Simpler Times (Part Four)

Post by Fleet Lists »

Interesting to see buses operating on routes 78 and 80 which are shared by Hunter Valley Buses (Coastal Liner) and Busways. Will still still happen if Busways loses the outer region 6 contract?
Living in the Shire.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Thanks ScaniaGrenda for sharing your photos over the 4 posts so far. Have certainly enjoyed, although I must say that given my vintage, when you refer to simpler times I'm thinking more of the 60's & '70's. I was a teenager in the '70's with a car and that's when a lot of my bus nostalgia developed.
But certainly do enjoy the more recent and current stuff you've posted. Busways are fairly generic with only a few oddities, but I do like the Coastal Liner Iveco. I think Entertainment Tours as displayed may have been one of their brands.

By coincidence I still have sitting in my computer desk a timetable I made for a round train/bus trip I was going to do from Katoomba to Gosford, the Entrance, Tuggerah, Wyong and back to Katoomba and capture as many buses as I could. Leave home at 7.00am and return about 8.00pm. Unfortunately thanks to Covid it's still sitting there and I'm just dreaming of the day I might be able to do that outing.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Cheers Centralian, Glad to hear you've been enjoying my on going series.

I'd definitely recommend heading to the Central Coast after lockdown & when it is safe to do so. I don't really like driving long distance so I usually just stick to catching the train & hang around close proximity to the Station. Tuggerah station is serviced by the 3 major bus operators of the Central Coast being Coastal Liner, Busways & Red Bus so plenty of variety. I've been to Gosford & Wyong numerous times, amazing spots but the best for photography would have to be a close call between Gosford & Tuggerah, I found Wyong station to not have a lot of great positions I could do bus photos from while Gosford Station & Tuggerah offer enough room & positions.

I'd love to do a trip over to The Entrance myself however usually due to time constraints & the time it takes to get from where I live, then by train to the Central Coast & then having to go by bus and then bus back & train leaves very little room but one day I'll get there.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”