Throwback, Simpler Times (Part Three)

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Throwback, Simpler Times (Part Three)

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Welcome to the 3rd part in my on-going series, "Throwback, Simpler Times". Basically in this series I aim to showcase photos of Public Transport (mainly buses but if there is demand for trains I'm always happy to do that later on) both inside & outside my region way before the world would be dealing with a global pandemic. This is to give you a break from the on going situation and look back on public transport way before we'd come to be dealing with a mass pandemic.

Note: If the Image quality seems off it is because these images were taken on my older now retired DSLR and shot in the RAW format & then coverted to png file format, I've tried to clear up the photos but there is only so much I can do. Please don't complain about the quality as I can't do anything further to change it.

Part 1 can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=91999)
Part 2 can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=92024)

You'll be in for a small treat this time around as part three focuses around train replacement buses in Hamilton (Newcastle) in late October 2019, we'll take a look at a fairly common volvo bus but also some older but lovely Mercedes buses.

Hunter Valley Buses Toronto 7103 MO, a Volvo B7RLE Volgren CR228L. Seen heading past Hamilton station to head towards Newcastle Interchange

Hunter Valley Buses Morisset 3655 MO, a Mercedes-Benz O405NH Custom Coaches 550. Seen heading past Hamilton station to head to Newcastle Interchange on rail replacement. (I actually rode this from Maitland to Hamilton and was surprised to see said bus show up as never have I seen a Morisset bus operate 1HU of a weekend)

Hunter Valley Buses Morisset 7727 MO, a Mercedes-Benz O405NH Custom Coaches 550, seen heading down Beaumont Street, Hamilton on train replacement route 41CN to Newcastle Interchange

Burkes Coaches Wollongong TV 1369, an Autobus 13.5m-Cummins featuring integrated bodywork. It is seen making a left turn from Beaumont Street onto Donald Street to head to Newcastle Interchange to complete its rail replacement service all the way from Central (Sydney)

Finally as a bonus photo. while this was not photo was not taken in Hamilton, it was taken not far from there none the less and would be a missed opptunity if I didn't show it.

Rover Coaches Cessnock 3499 MO, a Mercedes-Benz O405NH Bustech. It is laying over at Markettown Newcastle after completing an all stations stop on rail replacement route 52CN.

As always, thank you for stopping by & viewing.
I welcome all Feedback or discussions.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”