New Zealand Transport Discussion

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

Trolley Bus Racer
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B58M Trolley Bus

General - South Island (Part 3)

Post by Trolley Bus Racer »

Stagecoach Wellington Crew
Tranz Metro Crew

Now In The Eastern Islands Of Australia!
redbusfan
Favourite Vehicle: Designline Smiley

Re: General - South Island (Part 3)

Post by redbusfan »

I just saw a photo of the temporary bus exchange SL202 at Hagley park, Chch... is this an ex NZBUS?
part of our city... red<bus
Lifehouse

Post by Lifehouse »

Yep I believe its ex NZ Bus 1717 (Leopard 229) . It has a small TV displaying the arrivals of buses and the staff at the back can top up your metro card.
Previously known as Drevil166
ka9102
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by ka9102 »

redbusfan wrote:I just saw a photo of the temporary bus exchange SL202 at Hagley park, Chch... is this an ex NZBUS?

there are two the other one(1722?) is parked at bealey ave,both used as mobile info kiosks/mobile bus shelters.
transporting oranges to the world...
ka9102

Post by ka9102 »

Petenz wrote:Any one got the numbers of the SL202s left at Redbus - about 6 in these photos???
Petenz

Post by Petenz »

Thanks
redbusfan
Favourite Vehicle: Designline Smiley

Post by redbusfan »

I'm in Chch for a holiday and yesterday I noticed an SL202 leopard in orbiter livery. Anyone know how many others are wearing the green? I must get photos :)
part of our city... red<bus
kaiwhara

Post by kaiwhara »

Two of them, 16 and 17.
redbusfan wrote:I'm in Chch for a holiday and yesterday I noticed an SL202 leopard in orbiter livery. Anyone know how many others are wearing the green? I must get photos :)
Cordes Express
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M

Post by Cordes Express »

Any photos of the Green SL202's???
Lifehouse

Post by Lifehouse »

Here is the photo CordesExpress. I've been told by leopard that they are gonna remove the redbus fleet number, add a metro pod and add metro strips to both Leopard 16 and 17.
Attachments
100_1236 [800x600].jpg
100_1236 [800x600].jpg (80.88 KiB) Viewed 19359 times
Previously known as Drevil166
craigp

General - South Island (Part 3)

Post by craigp »

I love the SL202s are called ORBITER assist.
Cordes Express
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M

Post by Cordes Express »

I hope all Chch memwebrs are safe after this afternoons round of aftershocks...
reece_555
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 11.220

Post by reece_555 »

In Dunedin today heading through town was a transfered bus from Auckland, Ritchies 690 2005 MAN 12.223 its rego CSK577. It was fitted with a bike rack and appeared to be on a test trip with a number of people on board. So it will be interesting to see if ritchies 10 bus order from Designline arrives in time, since this MAN has been sent down.
Bus_Nutter

Post by Bus_Nutter »

intresting that 690 has appeared in Dunedin thank you Reece any idea on where its being stored
Bus_Nutter

Post by Bus_Nutter »

someone was wanting an action shot of the Leopard SL202's that have been wrapped in Orbiter livery here is 17 ex Redbus 658 passing Westfield shopping town Riccarton during a trip on the Anti Clockwise side of The Orbiter.
Attachments
Leopard Orbiter Assist Number 17 on Riccarton Road
Leopard Orbiter Assist Number 17 on Riccarton Road
Leopard17.JPG (209.75 KiB) Viewed 19213 times
Bus_Nutter

Post by Bus_Nutter »

Well I spent this past weekend in Dunedin. How the scene has changed since
Passenger Transport took over citibus on the 1st of June. Passenger Transport
now operate all their urban buses from Transport Place lined up on the depot on
Friday night was an intresting array of buses in both liveries. On Friday
afternoon I noted at least one Passenger Transport MAN working on a Citibus
route and a Passenger Transport liveried MAN working on a Citibus route.

I went for a ride with Citibus on Friday afternoon from my motel on George
Street to the Octagon on Citibus Dennis Dart 333 - Ex Redbus 307 and ex Ritchies
474 as soon as I topped up my Go Card I was off. Brought back a few memories of
my time living in Dunedin riding on the buses all the time.

also noted on Friday Afternoon working on Pine Hill / Lookout Point was Citibus
MAN 306 normally this route is totally Super Low Floors but clearly not as this
bus was on the road off peak wondering whats going on their given Citibus have
spare SLF's sitting in the depot. On Friday night when I got back to Dunedin I
was greeted with the sight of two Citibus vehicles and one Passenger Transport
Super Low Floor. These were the charter buses to transport us back to the St
Davids Street Lecture complex at Otago University on the way back the driver of
my bus said he would go via the hotels and motels as people requested. I ended
up riding on the Dennis Dart given it was 333 again.

Also on Friday Night in the company of our local dunedin reporter who is ex
Christchurch we ended up going bus spotting via the Ritchies Depot and what
should be happening but Ritchies were busy getting their new arrivals into
Dunedin put to bed for the night found their depot and noted the buses residing
in there they were MAN 12-223's 690,691,692,693,694 and noted coming home
yesterday to chch were 4 more buses I didnt see the fleet numbers but have since
been told they were 702,703,704,706 all ex Auckland Scania's 8 out of 10 buses
are in Dunedin for Ritchies to take over their contracts on Friday Morning 1st
July still no sign as yet of the new timetable for 2011.

Just as a sideline I noted that PT have now put Radio telephones in the citibus
buses. Maybe a postive change for the first time in a long time. Dunedin tenders
due in 2012 - Palmerston - Dunedin and the nights and weekends contract. I'm
wondering if Ritchies might become a major force in Dunedin and take more work
expanding their operations in area also take some school work

Photos to come now

Nick
reece_555

Post by reece_555 »

So it looks like Designline hasnt been able to complete the new buses Ritchies had on order also where is the Ritchies depot located?

Hopefully Ritchies do become a larger player in Dunedin and it seems they probably will grow from here.
Bus_Nutter

Post by Bus_Nutter »

the Ritchies depot is located at the old Southeastern / Cesta junk yard I'm really surprized that they chose to put buses given the old southeastern junk is still there and the last time I was there was late 2008 didnt go there at in when I was living in Dunedin in 2009. Ritchies were busy ferrying their buses from St Andrew Street to the depot late on Friday night.

only two more buses to come and they will have all their buses ready for Friday morning. I'm keen to know what Mosigel Coach Services are going to use to the Concord / Kaikorai Valley Contract that also starts on Friday morning

Im quite sure that Ritchies will be eyeing up the Dunedin - Palmerston - Dunedin run and also most likely the nights and weekends contract when that comes up for tender in 2012 what this space as to what happens. Is anyone able to confirm were Ritchies taking over some school runs in Dunedin this year as well
Attachments
Passenger Transport 2009 Zhong Tong working the City - Mosgiel Service Friday 25/06/2011
Passenger Transport 2009 Zhong Tong working the City - Mosgiel Service Friday 25/06/2011
Passenger Transport217.JPG (250.63 KiB) Viewed 19073 times
Passenger Transport 2009 Man 16-240 working the Garden Village / Ocean Grove Service Friday 25/06/2011
Passenger Transport 2009 Man 16-240 working the Garden Village / Ocean Grove Service Friday 25/06/2011
Passenger Transport221.JPG (245.14 KiB) Viewed 19073 times
Citibus 1997 Dennis Dart 335 working the Normanby / St Clair service Friday 25/06/2011 looking in a rather untidy state this AOA has been on for two years
Citibus 1997 Dennis Dart 335 working the Normanby / St Clair service Friday 25/06/2011 looking in a rather untidy state this AOA has been on for two years
Citibus335.JPG (291.72 KiB) Viewed 19073 times
Citibus 1997 Dennis Dart 337 working the Normanby / St Clair service Friday 25/06/2011
Citibus 1997 Dennis Dart 337 working the Normanby / St Clair service Friday 25/06/2011
Citibus337.JPG (254.39 KiB) Viewed 19073 times
Citibus 1993 MAN 10-180 306 working the Pine Hill/Lookout Point Service Friday 25/06/2011
Citibus 1993 MAN 10-180 306 working the Pine Hill/Lookout Point Service Friday 25/06/2011
Citibus306.JPG (277.08 KiB) Viewed 19073 times
reece_555

Post by reece_555 »

Cheap rent must be why they choose the site which is actually the back yard of the Display & Sell building on Anzac Ave.

The school services they are due to take over are the Pine Hill - Logan Park High School, Pine Hill - Dunedin North Intermediate & Look Out Point - Kings, Queens High Schools & Macandrew Intermediate. These school services are part of the ORC contract.
Bus_Nutter

Post by Bus_Nutter »

so that might explain why Ritchies have sent some bigger buses south to Dunedin to cover the school runs. Unless Ritchies are going to send buses down specially to cover this school work. Which is quite on the cards.
reece_555

Post by reece_555 »

Change over day today in Dunedin for Pine 6 - Lookout Point 40, Sheil Hill 22 - Opoho 11 & Concord 38 - University 37 weekday routes.

Ritchie's now operate the first two routes mentioned above using a transferred fleet from Auckland. Each service operates with a 20 minute frequency at peak times and 40 minutes during the day, the blue & gold Citibus fleet will still be seen in these areas at night & weekends. Driver change over for Ritchie's drivers is in town at octagon stands 7 & 8 where these services layover before departure times. Almost all of the Ritchie's drivers are ex Citibus. The Ritchie's fleet is kept very tidy on the inside based on riding 691.

The few pics I got are in the Ritchie's Dunedin photo thread.

The most interesting news of the day is Mosgiel Coach Services who are running the Concord 38 - University 37 with leased Zhong Tongs 803 & 804 from Go Bus Christchurch. Driver change over is Kaikorai Valley Road which is maybe where these vehicles are parked instead of Mosgiel. The 3 drivers of Mosgiel Coach Services that I seen were also ex Citibus. I went for a ride on Zhong Tong 804 which was free today although I think there was an issue with the newly arrived Wayfarer ETM not yet being set up for service. Ive also become a fan of these updated Zhong Tongs and they manage the hills well although some of the windows were scratched already and they aren't cleaned as well as the Ritchie's fleet.

Go over to the NZ photos section for pics of these vehicles.

The Citibus/ PT depot is now more full with 10 buses in total now surplus. Darts 331 & 334 have been redeployed to St Clair 29 - Normanby 9 for today at least. Maybe some vehicles will be sent down south or older buses sold.
Bus_Nutter

Post by Bus_Nutter »

PT should be sending their junk buses down south first before flicking off the citibus vehicles - interesting that drivers ex Citibus have gone to both Ritchies and Mosigel Coach Services. Perhaps thats a sign of things to come. Just thinking it would really only be 6 buses that would be off the road given that off peak both Pine Hill / Lookout Point only had two buses on it all day and Sheil Hill / Opoho only had two buses don't forget that they only added two extra buses to Shiel Hill / Opoho in the peak time and nothing to Pine Hill / Lookout point. Perhaps we will see the end of the crappy only MAN Ansairs that PT had running on the Concord - University service
reece_555

Post by reece_555 »

There was probably a number of drivers only to willing to shift companies after PT shifted itself into the Citibus operation. Im hoping that the Ansair Man's will go but we will see.
ka9102

Post by ka9102 »

lol,its about the time for me to pay a visit to otago,have not been there since 1997!!!!!
Petenz

Post by Petenz »

Bus_Nutter wrote:PT should be sending their junk buses down south first before flicking off the citibus vehicles - interesting that drivers ex Citibus have gone to both Ritchies and Mosigel Coach Services. Perhaps thats a sign of things to come. Just thinking it would really only be 6 buses that would be off the road given that off peak both Pine Hill / Lookout Point only had two buses on it all day and Sheil Hill / Opoho only had two buses don't forget that they only added two extra buses to Shiel Hill / Opoho in the peak time and nothing to Pine Hill / Lookout point. Perhaps we will see the end of the crappy only MAN Ansairs that PT had running on the Concord - University service
Which junk buses are you talking about Nick - Jap imports? when I was down south PT had no junk buses on the road - all MAN, Ansairs, Darts or Zhong Tongs - no Jap imports at all.

Return to “New Zealand Transport Discussion”