Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

CDC Victoria Group news July - December 2014

Post by Mercedes »

Go for it
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Craig

Re: CDC Victoria Group news July - December 2014

Post by Craig »

ComfortDelego Cabcharge has ended decades of tradition today, with the rebranding of the Davis operation in Ballarat and Benders operation in Geelong to CDC Ballarat and CDC Geelong respectively, along with a new logo for the Victorian branch of the business. This follows the rebranding of the former Deanes operation in Queanbeyan to Qcity Transit last July. I believe the rebranding was announced last week at the BusVic conference.

The Eastrans & Westrans brands remain for now.
CDC Victoria wrote: Image
A brand new look for CDC Victoria
From 14 July 2014, ComfortDelGro Cabcharge Victoria Pty Ltd (CDC Victoria), the largest privately owned bus operator in Australia, will re-name Davis Bus Lines (Ballarat) to “CDC Ballarat” and Benders Busways (Geelong) to “CDC Geelong”.

CDC Victoria General Manager, Nick Yap, said today: “The CDC Ballarat and CDC Geelong brands recognise the commitment to support the needs of the community in the regions we operate. We are also placing a high emphasis on delivering innovative and cost effective bus services to our customers.”

CDC Victoria began operating services in Victoria in February 2009 following the acquisition of the Kefford Corporation’s group of Victorian bus companies. This included the operating brands of Westrans, Eastrans, Benders Bus Lines and the Davis Group.

Since then, the company has been working behind the scenes to develop innovative ways to improve service delivery. A major part of the rebranding exercise will include a new easy-to-use website that is both desktop and mobile user friendly with links to PTV transport trip planners, next 5 bus departures and the myki user interface.

CDC Victoria recognises Davis Bus Lines and Benders Busways as the names that have been synonymous with the regions in which they have operated services for over 80 years.

Passengers are advised to look for buses from 14 July that now feature the CDC Ballarat and CDC Geelong logos along side buses still showing the Davis Bus Lines and Benders Busways logos.

About the new brand

CDC Victoria’s new identity has been designed to reflect the broad network of route services provided to the Victorian community.

The primary focus of the logo mark is to provide a concise view of our key objective; to serve our community. In abbreviating ComfortDelGro Cabcharge to ‘CDC’, the logo pays homage to our two parent companies ComfortDelGro and Cabcharge, while adopting the household name for the company. This simplification seeks to shift the focus of our operations away from ourselves and toward the community in which we proudly serve.
Link to the new website launched as part of the rebrand - http://cdcvictoria.com.au The layout is quite similar to that used by Qcity.

CDC Victoria have also joined Twitter - https://twitter.com/CDCVictoria

Kind Regards

Craig :)
newbus959

Post by newbus959 »

Interesting new design here. I saw a mock-up of this website earlier on but I had no idea what it was going to be for and turns out this is what it is.

To me, it feels a bit more like a brand for a freight company though.
NEWBUS959
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

I forgot to mention this at the time, but last Friday Westrans Werribee buses 62 and 66 (both Volvo B10Ms) were both running on route 446. One of which (can't remember which) was not fitted with a destination roll, and had no signage whatsoever to indicate it was on 446, but I saw it twice on that route with passengers.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
GeelongBuses
Favourite Vehicle: Into mostly of Mercs and Volvo

Post by GeelongBuses »

Benders #77 has been fitted with a new Air-COnditioner which suprises me!

Cheers, Ben
Subscribe to my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZBTOrRG2LiE_MUeRy54fbQ
GTZ I make Transport Videos and Gaming!
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

Yesterday Westrans Werribee 71 was running on route 436. It has been a while since I've seen a high floor out on a weekend.

I'm assuming it was due to some buses being unavailable due to having the new livery applied, but could also have been due to the new timetable.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

GeelongBuses wrote:Benders #77 has been fitted with a new Air-COnditioner which suprises me!

Cheers, Ben
I've seen it several times since your post. It does not have a new air conditioner.
st.k66

Post by st.k66 »

The bus you are looking at is 121
Bradley
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M Mk4, Volgren Artic.

Post by Bradley »

New Benders Bus #143 (BS00 RR) Volvo B7RLE, Volgren "Optimus" on route 18 to Deakin University at Geelong today at 14:39 on 8/5/2014 (see photo on Vic photo section at: http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 59#p927059

Cheers

Bradley.
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Spotted Benders #143 today ex Deakin Uni. I must say it is a stunning looking vehicle up front. Quite daunting with how big the front is.

Are these units ex stock or are they CDC ordered? It seems unlike CDC to order buses with rear destination units.

Thanks,
Mitchul ;]
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

CDC have been ordering buses with side destination units for a while, so maybe they've decided to start with rear ones as well?
MAN 16.242
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL200

Post by MAN 16.242 »

Yesterday spotted Eastrans 39 now in CDC Melbourne livery.
newbus959

Post by newbus959 »

So are the Westrans and Eastrans brands eventually going to be dropped too?
NEWBUS959
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

They'll become CDC Melbourne.

Thanks,
Mitchul ;]
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

But not before next year.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Good to see some pro-active community engagement by CDC.
CDC Victoria wrote: Victoria Maori Wardens Inc. initiative extended

CDC Victoria is delighted to announce a 6 month extension of the Victoria Maori Wardens Inc. (VMWI) initiative after initial success during the trial period.

The extension allows the voluntary wardens to continue travelling on CDC Victoria's Westrans buses until 31 March 2015, in order to counteract anti-social behaviour, encourage fare compliance and provide an enhanced commuter trip for all passengers.

The joint initiative between CDC Victoria and the VMWI is supported by Public Transport Victoria (PTV).

Manager of Community Engagement at CDC, Maxwell Gratton said, " CDC Victoria would like to thank the VMWI for their efforts during the first phase of the initiative and look forward to building on those successes in the times ahead."

Under the scheme, uniformed members of the VMWI patrol key areas on CDC buses providing guidance, interaction and leadership to youth of Pacific Islander or Maori background, who may be displaying, or at risk of partaking in, anti-social behaviour.

"There has been a notable impact on anti-social behaviour in the Wyndham area due to the initiative and CDC is glad that the scheme has been well received by commuters, bus drivers and the general public," said Gratton.

The VMWI will continue travelling on buses within the Werribee, Hoppers Crossing, Tarneit, Wyndham, and surrounding areas.

For more information on the CDC/ VMWI initiative, please contact Maxwell Gratton at 03 9392 9900
CDC Victoria wrote: Victorian Maori Wardens Inc. (VMWI)
CDC Victoria, and the VMWI, with the support of Public Transport Victoria (PTV) have launched a joint initiative aimed at providing guidance, leadership and counseling services to Maori youth in order to promote good/model behaviours. It involves uniformed members of the VMWI travelling on the Westrans Werribee Bus Services in groups of three, primarily to engage with the targeted youth groups.

The initiative which was launched in late May 2014, has been warmly received by travelling commuters, bus drivers, and the public at large. The VMWI have engaged with numerous youth, the general public, other transport safety authority personnel, and the wider community.

“CDC Victoria is proud to have partnered with the VMWI in order to promote model behaviours, improve customer satisfaction and safety for our patrons. As a company, CDC Victoria is committed to ongoing community engagement that will deliver service enhancements” said George Konstantopoulos, Group Operations Manager, CDC Victoria.

The VMWI will be travelling on buses within the Werribee, Hoppers Crossing, Tarneit, Wyndham, and surrounding areas. Look out for them on your travels, and you are welcome to provide any feedback you may have.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

The rebranding has begun with a lot of Benders units now having CDC Geelong stickers on them. Interesting placements on them especially on the older CR228Ls.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Mitch wrote:The rebranding has begun with a lot of Benders units now having CDC Geelong stickers on them. Interesting placements on them especially on the older CR228Ls.
IMG_9058b.jpg
IMG_9058b.jpg (251.96 KiB) Viewed 5842 times
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

Apologies if this is old news, and also for it not being a very good sighting, but I spotted an unknown coach in the new CDC livery heading west on the Princes Freeway at Point Cook Road around 2.40pm today. It had an orange front, white sides, and what looked like CDC Melbourne on the side, but it could have been CDC Geelong, I didn't get a good look.
GeelongBuses
Favourite Vehicle: Into mostly of Mercs and Volvo

Post by GeelongBuses »

Ye thats CDC Eastrans one of they're new units or something I dont know Melbourne well
Subscribe to my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZBTOrRG2LiE_MUeRy54fbQ
GTZ I make Transport Videos and Gaming!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Is there a new CDC livery? Are they getting rid of the ribbon?

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Post by E.L.Wood »

RailwayBus wrote:Apologies if this is old news, and also for it not being a very good sighting, but I spotted an unknown coach in the new CDC livery heading west on the Princes Freeway at Point Cook Road around 2.40pm today. It had an orange front, white sides, and what looked like CDC Melbourne on the side, but it could have been CDC Geelong, I didn't get a good look.
Former Eastrans(39)has been rebranded CDC Melbourne in a new livery of all over white with branding similar to that which has been posted on this section. Also the MAN/Express midi at Geelong has emerged from the panel shop all over white and is now branded CDC Geelong with the orange/blue corporate logo.
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

E.L.Wood wrote:
RailwayBus wrote:Apologies if this is old news, and also for it not being a very good sighting, but I spotted an unknown coach in the new CDC livery heading west on the Princes Freeway at Point Cook Road around 2.40pm today. It had an orange front, white sides, and what looked like CDC Melbourne on the side, but it could have been CDC Geelong, I didn't get a good look.
Former Eastrans(39)has been rebranded CDC Melbourne in a new livery of all over white with branding similar to that which has been posted on this section. Also the MAN/Express midi at Geelong has emerged from the panel shop all over white and is now branded CDC Geelong with the orange/blue corporate logo.
Saw it again today. Definitely 39 with CDC Melbourne.

The front is orange on the top half, and white below the windscreen.

On the sides the orange extends along the roof line above the drivers area. Then there is a section of blue roof line immediately behind that.

Aside from that, it's white all over as you said.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Dunno if it's much of an observation seeing as it was delivered in June but spotted on Monday was Westrans Werribee (Scania K280UB, Volgren "Optimus") out in service on a 441 to Westleigh Gardens.

Thanks,
Mitchul ;]
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

It tends to spend most of its time on the 436 from what I've seen, so seeing it on the 441 is still a worthy observation, even if it has been around for a while.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”