Ventura/Grenda Group news January - June 2014

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Re: Ventura/Grenda Group news January - June 2014

Post by Mitch »

That would probably be why I spotted the new Ventura livery off in the distance at La Trobe university a few days back then.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Post by E.L.Wood »

Mitch wrote:That would probably be why I spotted the new Ventura livery off in the distance at La Trobe university a few days back then.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
There are 6 vehicles in the new livery based at Ivanhoe which is what you probably saw.
My understanding is that the 'Grentura' livery will not become widespread in the short term unless the whole fleet needs a repaint, as has been said many times here before,
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
712M
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M

Post by 712M »

Hi all, is it safe to assume that 2 additional NightRider services will operate this Sunday morning to cater for the Daylight saving change? I can't seem to find any info on PTV regarding this.
wizardwaffle

Post by wizardwaffle »

The buses on the Route 767 seem to be coming late to often. A few times I have had to wait nearly until the next bus came to get the bus. No, I didn't get the next bus because it was behind the bus I caught. This problem seems to be getting worse and worse for buses going towards Southland. I get on after Deakin, and a wait of 10 minutes after the time on the bus stop timetable is becoming a daily occurance. They added the extra buses from Box Hill to Deakin (281 and 768) but they forgot about people coming the other way. Standing all the way in the bus is common as well.
wizardwaffle

Post by wizardwaffle »

The 'Grentura' references, don't suppose you are referring to a story someone did about the future and they talked about a merger of Ventura and Grendas in the future and the company being referred to as 'Grentura'. This was well before Ventura brought Grendas.
The Cap a tan

Post by The Cap a tan »

wizardwaffle wrote:The 'Grentura' references, don't suppose you are referring to a story someone did about the future and they talked about a merger of Ventura and Grendas in the future and the company being referred to as 'Grentura'. This was well before Ventura brought Grendas.
The Grentura references are in relation to the new Ventura livery, which is a blend of the old Grenda ribbon livery, with the colours of Ventura, the blue and yellow, and a big V instead of a big G.
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

712M wrote:Hi all, is it safe to assume that 2 additional NightRider services will operate this Sunday morning to cater for the Daylight saving change? I can't seem to find any info on PTV regarding this.
Yes. Departures are every half hour, so missing the repeated hour would mean a gap of 90 minutes between buses.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Craig

Post by Craig »

RailwayBus wrote:
712M wrote:Hi all, is it safe to assume that 2 additional NightRider services will operate this Sunday morning to cater for the Daylight saving change? I can't seem to find any info on PTV regarding this.
Yes. Departures are every half hour, so missing the repeated hour would mean a gap of 90 minutes between buses.
I think what he meant was that would they roster two additional trips at 05:00 and 05:30 standard time (i.e. what would be 06:00 and 06:30 if it was still daylight savings time).

I've tried to get to the bottom of this in previous years (when I worked at Metlink), some operators implied they would only run as if clocks weren't wound back, rather than extend services by an hour.

I have no knowledge of what is planned this weekend though.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

Craig wrote:
RailwayBus wrote:
I think what he meant was that would they roster two additional trips at 05:00 and 05:30 standard time (i.e. what would be 06:00 and 06:30 if it was still daylight savings time).
I know what he meant, which is why I answered the question, and gave a reasoning behind it. :roll:
Craig

Post by Craig »

There are three possibilities that could happen:

Scenario #1 - Buses depart as per daylight saving time until last bus, with clocks not wound back until after the last NightRider bus has departed (in effect the 5:30am bus leaves 4:30am standard time, or 5:30am daylight saving time)

Scenario #2 - Buses depart as per daylight saving time until 2:59am, clocks then get wound back one hour, and there is then a 90 min gap between the 2:30am and 3am departures (in effect the 5:30am bus leaves at 5:30am standard time, or 6:30am daylight saving time)

Scenario #3 - Buses depart as per daylight saving time until last bus, and clocks aren't wound back (in effect the 5:30am bus leaves 4:30am standard time, or 5:30am daylight saving time). However, two additional buses are added after the last bus, meaning the last bus leaves at 05:30am standard time, or 6:30am daylight saving time.

I have just called up Ventura, Dysons, McKenzies and La Trobe Valley Bus Lines to ascertain which scenario they will be following tomorrow night / Sunday Morning. This followed an earlier call to PTV which stumped the call centre operator.

The metropolitan operators all confirmed that the last bus will be at as per scenario #1, with buses running as per daylight saving time until last bus (i.e. last bus will run 4:30am standard time rather than 5:30am. 5:30am standard time for Dandenong & Doncaster)

La Trobe Valley Bus Lines however said there will be an additional service running to Moe -at 5:30am daylight savings time / 4:30am standard time.

Hope this clears it up for you 712M.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
mwyf

Post by mwyf »

maxy54 wrote:Ventura #820 (Scania L113CRL/NCBC "Buddina") has been repainted in the new Blue, White & Yellow livery. Seen hanging around Oakleigh depot today
Got a picture of it. Spotted at Monash University Clayton.
WP_20140404_002 resized.jpeg
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

The Grentura livery really livens up that Buddina, the likes of which were starting to look rather tired even a few years ago. Those wordmarks still need some work to make them look less like temporary stickers, though - maybe just rounding the corners of the navy blue lozenge could do it.
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
grenda bus 669
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo b7rle, Comeng Train

Post by grenda bus 669 »

What's with that add I hate adds on buses it rouins the whole livery, like this add in 820 that's covering the big "V".

grenda bus 669 :)
To view some of my photography visit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/grendabus669/
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The Ventura logo on the front will probably become a PTV logo fairly soon, given what's happened with Transdev's buses once they turn orange.
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

Heihachi_73 wrote:The Ventura logo on the front will probably become a PTV logo fairly soon, given what's happened with Transdev's buses once they turn orange.
Or with any other operator who has vehicles in PTV livery (Westrans, Eastrans, Yarra Trams, Metro, etc)
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
grenda bus 669
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo b7rle, Comeng Train

Post by grenda bus 669 »

Ventura Dandenong 1054 Volvo B7RLE Optimus has come into service today, spotted going down Walker St on route 848. What's different about 1054 is that it's got a different style door grab handle.

To view some of my photography visit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/grendabus669/
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

Been in service for about a week
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
ivecometro
Favourite Vehicle: Iveco Metro and MAN SL200/2

Post by ivecometro »

grenda bus 669 wrote:Ventura Dandenong 1054 Volvo B7RLE Optimus has come into service today, spotted going down Walker St on route 848. What's different about 1054 is that it's got a different style door grab handle.

1045, 1048 and 1050 also have the different door grab handle.

Ivecometro :)
josh01
Favourite Vehicle: Moorabbin Transit 553

Post by josh01 »

Sighted ex 557 moorabbin coaches In bayswater
Today about 10am still In green livery the only different it had a trailer
Attached to the back of the bus
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

ivecometro wrote:
grenda bus 669 wrote:Ventura Dandenong 1054 Volvo B7RLE Optimus has come into service today, spotted going down Walker St on route 848. What's different about 1054 is that it's got a different style door grab handle.

1045, 1048 and 1050 also have the different door grab handle.

Ivecometro :)
They are a standard handle that has slowly being adopted across Australia. STA in NSW seemed to start the trend with others slowly following.
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
scott

Post by scott »

A random question, but are Eastcoast Truck and Bus (owned by Ventura) still a service dealer for Scania?
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

No they are not
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
josh01
Favourite Vehicle: Moorabbin Transit 553

Post by josh01 »

A question? is Ventura Planing Going To Plan To Buy any new artics
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

josh01 wrote:A question? is Ventura Planing Going To Plan To Buy any new artics
I doubt it.
Volvo_B9R

Post by Volvo_B9R »

josh01 wrote:A question? is Ventura Planing Going To Plan To Buy any new artics
How would any of us know that?

Sometimes thinking logically before asking is a good thing. No offence intended. :o

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”