Tasmanian Bus Observations - JAN > JUN 2019

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Tasmanian Bus Observations - JAN > JUN 2019

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Well, it's been a bit late starting, however I'll blame a lack of a computer :D There has been major changes happening in Tasmania with State Growth (the Government Department involved in contracts) reviewing all their services, including school and urban/non-urban routes. Mainly, the south is seeing change in the early part of 2019, with the north of the state being reviewed later in the year. There has been rationalisation of services, discontinuation of some school services and general access services (ie: services for the public) made into student only services, which disadvantage (IMO) a few in the outlying communities. However, in saying that, I don't know the figures, but I always thought it was the Government's responsibility to provide a service to rural communities :?: :?: Apart from these changes, operators are still purchasing newer vehicles (albeit second-hand) Merseylink (Devonport) have just taken delivery of three vehicles, with three others arriviing just before the new year. Coal River Coaches (Hobart) have been using a Scania with Irizar i6 whilst a new one for them is built, Wynyard Bus Lines have acquired a few second-hand buses from Crown in Melbourne and Calow Coaches (St Helens) just purchased a Higer RoadBoss, ready for the new school term. And Metro are up to #822 in their deliveries of Bustech XDi, with 114 (the oldest bus in the fleet) being withdrawn prior to Christmas. So bus movements, there has been a little happening.
Below are the links to the new timetables for the respective non-urban areas in the south, Dodges Ferry/Sorell (Tasmanian Redline), Swansea/Bicheno (Tassielink), Huon Valley (Tassielink), Richmond/Campania (Tassielink) and New Norfolk/Derwent Valley (O'Driscoll)

https://www.transport.tas.gov.au/passen ... rn_network

Individual areas can be accessed by clicking on the respective services in the above link
burrumbus

Re: Tasmanian Bus Observations - JAN > JUN 2019

Post by burrumbus »

Thanks Neil.
Could you confirm that Anthea Simmons contract into Huonville schools has been one of the discontinued school contracts ??
Cheers.
tasstockau

Post by tasstockau »

For the record bus tech 822 is the 1000th motor bus to be operated by MTT/Metro/Hobart Coaches (whilst owned by Metro).

Trolley buses were extra on top of the 1000.

Phil L
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

burrumbus wrote: Could you confirm that Anthea Simmons contract into Huonville schools has been one of the discontinued school contracts ??
YES :(
tasstockau wrote:For the record bus tech 822 is the 1000th motor bus to be operated by MTT/Metro/Hobart Coaches (whilst owned by Metro).
Pity I didn't know sooner, :( could have possibly :?: made a bigger deal of it :( Initial research, I thought we'd passed that years ago, Phil :?:

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”