Headway Services

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Re: Headway Services

Post by BroadGauge »

swtt wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:28 am Interesting - but on Saturday and Sundays, whilst it has a 5/15 frequency depending on when the short runners are slotted in, that's not a headway service on those days.
Is there any logical reason why the T80 runs that way on a weekend, rather than simply running a 10 minute headway service like it does during the week?

7 trips per hour operate from Parramatta, yet you still get 15 minute gaps between services, some of which are followed by a double header of two buses at once.

I know that the demand is much heavier at the northern end of the route, but for part of the day there are short trips from Bonnyrigg to Liverpool as well, to make it more confusing.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

The base weekend timetable for the T80 would currently be a 15 minute frequency. Those extra trips (which appear to be at 20 minute intervals) are likely covid additional trips currently operating on many routes across Sydney to assist with physical distancing.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

So for whose benefit are the red H stickers?

Are those buses so stickered purely used for headway services?
transport1400

Post by transport1400 »

I’ve seen a handful of Transit Systems B7 volvos in region 3 with “Headway” in red font on the windscreen above the driver. But these particular buses aren’t always on the T80. I was wondering what they were all about and was happy when I stumbled across this thread.
By Law Drivers
Authority Card
Must Be
Displayed
In This Space
swtt

Post by swtt »

OK 160X is a headway service if I'm reading it correctly. This is at its Chatswood terminus.

Strangely Route 120 doesn't seem to carry that special badge of honour.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Could have done a better job screwing that Frequent Services sign on - not sure why it couldn’t be part of the same sign.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
In Transit

Post by In Transit »

swtt wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 am OK 160X is a headway service if I'm reading it correctly. This is at its Chatswood terminus.

Strangely Route 120 doesn't seem to carry that special badge of honour.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

No, as the sign says its a Frequent service (10 minutes or better during daytimes, 7 days a week). It runs to a timetable, and the timetable is publicly available. It's not a headway service, either operationally or as advertised to the public.

Why this branding is applied to the 160X and not other recently created frequent routes is somewhat inexplicable...
Glen

Post by Glen »

That's interesting artwork. Now that you've mentioned it, I can see it means "every 10 minutes", but that may be too subtle for the average punter.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”