Private Bus Observations 2021

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Private Bus Observations 2021

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:08 pm that it was caused by someone lighting a fire in the on board toilet
*sigh*. That is why we can't have nice things, because people will go ahead and deliberately ruin it.

Hope the firebugs journey was well worth it knowing that not only did they put themselves at risk, they put the driver & other PAX at huge risk as well. Time to stop taking these matters lightly and really throw the book at them.

Sure the bus can be replaced and it's highly likely that it is insured for fire damage, lives can't be replaced.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M

Post by 1115 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 pm The headboard from former STA bus m/o 1123 is for sale at the Sydney Bus Museum, I'm guessing we take it that the rest of the bus is toast?

(Also the reason I posted it here and not in the STA thread is the bus was last at Transit Systems)
Nice piece and a great bit of recycling.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Unusually, Anytrip doesn't show any electric buses running at all in Sydney today.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways 1021 which was on Penrith locals at 9am this morning is now on the Blacktown free shuttle I didn't know Penrith locals interworked with The blacktown shuttle.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

1115 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:29 pm
ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 pm The headboard from former STA bus m/o 1123 is for sale at the Sydney Bus Museum, I'm guessing we take it that the rest of the bus is toast?
Nice piece and a great bit of recycling.
Plenty more where that came from.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Stonesourscotty wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:16 pm Busways 1021 which was on Penrith locals at 9am this morning is now on the Blacktown free shuttle I didn't know Penrith locals interworked with The blacktown shuttle.
A Glendenning shift witch includes Penrith locals then the driver would probably do a run out to Blacktown during his/her meal break to do Blacktown station- Westpoint shuttles
Stonesourscotty

Newtown Jets liveried TV9143 seen near Bluebet Stadium Penrith about 5 minutes ago heading towards Mt Druitt.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

You do mean Busfleet Australia TV9143 is in AOA for Newtown Jets
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Premier Shoalhaven had one its its Volgren bodied Scania artics on Kiama - Nowra rail replacement services today. First time I can recall an artic being used on a rail replacement service, guess there was little chance of them causing congestion at Gerringong and Berry stations.
Stonesourscotty

M/O 8106 of Transit Systems is now in Breathe Easy livery formerly in Tfnsw livery seen on the 389 going past the Jewish museum in the cross
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

There was an unknown Double Decker in Transport NSW Livery floating around Bridges Rd, New Lambton this afternoon around 2:50 PM, looked to be a MAN Gemilang double decker but I was too far out to make out the further details (was on another bus and lost sight of it)

Surely this can't be a Forest bus? All this way out in Newcastle? Their the only mob I'm aware of that has the other MAN A95 DD's in TNSW Livery.

If it wasn't a Gemilang it might've been an B9TL Optimus?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

With no tourists or government support it's sad to see that Blue Mountains Explorer Bus has put their two BCI deckers up for sale. I believe one of the Volvo Olympians will also be leaving the fleet.

They've already sold TV 8247 'Scarlet Rose' the restored Flxible Clipper and that's left the premises.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Linto63 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:04 pm Premier Shoalhaven had one its its Volgren bodied Scania artics on Kiama - Nowra rail replacement services today. First time I can recall an artic being used on a rail replacement service, guess there was little chance of them causing congestion at Gerringong and Berry stations.
Sometimes there are quite a lot of people on and off the train. I know you think rigid 12 metre buses can do everything (at what cost), but the financial equation is better for Nowra Coaches. Those buses are very busy down here, plenty of charter work outside school route work. They're lucky they got them before the geniuses at TfNSW purged the artic category from the procurement panel.

What's the problem at Gerringong and Berry? Plenty of space for an artic at all stations down the line.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

tonyp wrote: I know you think rigid 12 metre buses can do everything (at what cost), but the financial equation is better for Nowra Coaches.
Never said rigids are the be-all-and-end-all, artics have their place, but flooding the streets with them isn't the answer.
tonyp wrote: What's the problem at Gerringong and Berry? Plenty of space for an artic at all stations down the line.
Where did I say it was a problem?
Stonesourscotty

1285 managed to do an entire trip on 770 this morning with its destination set to 780 Oops.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Spotted one of the new electric Volgren optimus buses going over the hume fwy bridge on the lincolin causeway in Wodonga today at approx 11:10am (i was unable to get a photo as my phone had no battery.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:23 pm Spotted one of the new electric Volgren optimus buses going over the hume fwy bridge on the lincolin causeway in Wodonga today at approx 11:10am (i was unable to get a photo as my phone had no battery.
Was it on a truck or self-propelled?
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Diesel buses tend to be delivered from Volgren to Sydney by truck, unlikely that an electric bus without any infrastructure en-route to be recharged would make its own way.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

tonyp wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:47 pm Was it on a truck or self-propelled?
I saw it on a truck back to front.
Linto63 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:21 am Diesel buses tend to be delivered from Volgren to Sydney by truck, unlikely that an electric bus without any infrastructure en-route to be recharged would make its own way.
I've seen The diesels get delivered self-propelled. I remember seeing a New Busways Optimus, a Ventura Arctic, A Premier Arctic, A McHarry's Bus and an Ex TFNSW, Ex Ventura/Grenda Volgren self-propelled a few times when I saw new deliveries.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

This is the first time I saw a Hillsbus in CDC Sydney branding. Potential rebranding to happen?

Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Some have been in that branding for a number of months if not longer.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

CDC’s recently expanded fleet of minibuses in Canberra for the services it took over from Keir’s carry CDC Canberra signwriting, yet the existing Qcity and Transborder brands remain for the route services. With only a year or so left on its region 4 contract, can’t see a wholesale rebrand.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Linto63 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:51 pm CDC’s recently expanded fleet of minibuses in Canberra for the services it took over from Keir’s carry CDC Canberra signwriting, yet the existing Qcity and Transborder brands remain for the route services. With only a year or so left on its region 4 contract, can’t see a wholesale rebrand.
Well could it be because Keir's was actually based within Canberra (ACT) and QCity and Transborder are based in Queanbeyan (NSW)?
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
jixuqianjin

Post by jixuqianjin »

I am a bus driver and amateur YouTuber. Some days I get up at 5AM. Other days I don't return home until 2AM.

Working odd hours is not easy but as the people go about their day I enjoy the sights, sounds and smells that make up our city in their raw and purest form. I hope your days bring as much joy and wonder to you as they do to me.

Please help support a fellow bus driver and consider subscribing to my channel.

https://youtu.be/T3MfKvXov-c
Stonesourscotty

Appears Penrith Busways has lost its entire fleet of Custom Scanias to Blacktown Regained 271-3 from Glendenning and gained a few Scania Volgrens from Mulgrave.

This explains why only 852 and 846 have been seen in Penrith this past week?

Ex Penrith/Glendenning Bustechs 1167-75 have arrived at Mulgrave along with a few more Man Customs meaning most of the 109*- 1101 scanias have gone to Penrith.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”