Private Bus Observations 2021

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
tonyp

Re: Private Bus Observations 2021

Post by tonyp »

This bus had a Holroyd address in the accreditation and is completely white, no livery or signwriting.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Baxter's have a bus brokerage business with some of the buses on its books painted stock white. So it could be one of these on loan to Nowra while one of its vehicles is in Sydney for repair or refurbishment. Granted Holroyd is a bit of a distance from the Girraween depot, but Baxter's used to have vehicles signwritten as Baxter's Holroyd Bus Lines, so maybe Holroyd is the registered address for the business.

Other alternative it is a vehicle on hire from someone else or a recent purchase that hasn't had it accreditation updated. But without a rego or accreditation number we are flying blind.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

For some bizarre reason Cdc 1043 was on late services to Kingswood uni tonight I've never seen these services run past 8pm but to be running at 9:45 during a curfew seems bizarre.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Arceus2
Favourite Vehicle: TSA Metrobus Volvo B12BLE 2220

Post by Arceus2 »

Punchbowl Bus Company's m/o 8416 (BYD D9RA, Gemilang) finally has its real-time vehicle type updated. I can confirm m/o 8413 has been updated so far as well. Good to see they've progressed from the shorter 943/953/954/955 routes onto the 941 and 944 (so far I've observed).

Previously, they had the following details (for the curious):
m/o 8411: "Scania L113TRBL Ansair ORANA"
m/o 8412: "Mercedes SPRINTER Mercedes SPRINTER"
m/o 8413: "Mercedes O405NH Custom Coaches CITARO"
m/o 8415: Unknown (never encountered)
m/o 8416: "Mercedes O405NH Custom Coaches CITARO"

Disclaimer: Photos were taken in the past month while on runs within my 5km radius, and within 1 hr guidelines where applicable.

m/o 8416 exiting Macquarie Place onto Morts Rd, Mortdale to complete its 955 run:
d9ra.jpg

Updated real-time data:
gemilang.jpg

m/o 8411 "Scania L113TRBL Ansair ORANA" and m/o 8412 "Mercedes SPRINTER Mercedes SPRINTER" on 954 and 953 respectively:
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pid=20037

http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pid=20038

m/o 8413 "Mercedes O405NH Custom Coaches CITARO" and m/o 8416 "Mercedes O405NH Custom Coaches CITARO" on 955 and 943 respectively:

http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pid=20057

http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pid=20058
Sydney, home of STA and Sydney Trains (formerly CityRail).
Stonesourscotty

Busways 1133 has had a Full refurbishment everything appears to be done except the lighting. It even has a Spotless new Floor installed from the looks of it. Was seen on the 774 which also doesn't seem to interwork with anything now at the Penrith end anymore. That's about 6 done now I think.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Arceus2 wrote:Punchbowl Bus Company's m/o 8416 (BYD D9RA, Gemilang) finally has its real-time vehicle type updated.
Just wish A trip would fix the electric bus filter
Stonesourscotty

Busways Glendennings 1223 making a very rare 775 full route Sunday appearance.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

BAMBAM wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:48 pm Busabout MAN CB80 caught fire outside Macarthur Square today, fortunately no fatalities.
A dash cammer went past it.
https://youtu.be/ofR7Y_MMJ-E?t=10m45s
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Busways 9524MO 1402 6/8/2021 Volvo B8R
9524MO 1404 17/8/2021 Volvo B8R
Which one is correct ?
m/o 6991 1459 Hino FD seems a interesting purchase,is it for a special purpose?
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

LB608 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:53 pm m/o 6991 1459 Hino FD seems a interesting purchase,is it for a special purpose?
These are replacing minibuses (a Rosa and a Mercedes Vario so far) on rural school runs out of Mulgrave depot. I didn't realise a second one had been acquired until a looked at the fleet lists; the first replaced the Vario. There are two Varios remaining at Mulgrave currently.

Buses on these ex-Hawkesbury Valley runs need to be both small and have good ground clearance; there are many narrow roads and small turn-arounds, some dirt roads, and one run which travels on the Sackville Ferry.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Spotted in Katoomba this morning a Custom Denning Element demonstrator out on the road. National Heavy Vehicle plates, but I couldn't see the front desto whether doing a run or 'Not in Service". Will keep my eyes peeled open and camera on the ready.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
robert

Post by robert »

Bovways wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:40 am
LB608 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:53 pm m/o 6991 1459 Hino FD seems a interesting purchase,is it for a special purpose?
These are replacing minibuses (a Rosa and a Mercedes Vario so far) on rural school runs out of Mulgrave depot. I didn't realise a second one had been acquired until a looked at the fleet lists; the first replaced the Vario. There are two Varios remaining at Mulgrave currently.

Buses on these ex-Hawkesbury Valley runs need to be both small and have good ground clearance; there are many narrow roads and small turn-arounds, some dirt roads, and one run which travels on the Sackville Ferry.
Does the school holiday service to Wisemans Ferry on route 672 use one of these buses?

Supplementary question: Does that bus now run EVERY day during school holiday as the timetable suggests?
For information about private & Government bus routes in Sydney, look at http://www.sydneybusroutes.com
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

robert wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:51 pm
Does the school holiday service to Wisemans Ferry on route 672 use one of these buses?

Supplementary question: Does that bus now run EVERY day during school holiday as the timetable suggests?
Hi Robert!

1. School holiday Wiseman's Ferry service is wheel chair accessible, so these Hinos could not operate it (being school buses they are still high floor)
2. School holiday trip still definitely runs Thursdays only, and is shown as such in the Busways "area timetable" booklet. I am guessing there's an issue with transport.info timetables?

Cheers,
C :)
robert

Post by robert »

Bovways wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:31 am Hi Robert!

1. School holiday Wiseman's Ferry service is wheel chair accessible, so these Hinos could not operate it (being school buses they are still high floor)
2. School holiday trip still definitely runs Thursdays only, and is shown as such in the Busways "area timetable" booklet. I am guessing there's an issue with transport.info timetables?

Cheers,
C :)
Thanks CD/Bovways

Now I look more carefully at the transport.info timetable, the school holiday trips to Wisemans are just not shown at all.

Having been on the afternoon round trip there some years ago (pre-2013), I can understand why it only runs once a week. I recall it was only a "small" bus back then. I wonder if the same two regular pax still use them to do their weekly shopping in Windsor?

R
For information about private & Government bus routes in Sydney, look at http://www.sydneybusroutes.com
Stonesourscotty

Hillsbus running rail replacements on T1 today 9326 among other Scania Volgrens

Cdc also had 1047 on Kingswood shuttles rare to get the yellow one in this part of Penrith
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

https://roads-waterways.transport.nsw.g ... vices.html
Have your say: https://yoursay.transport.nsw.gov.au/be ... fs-harbour
Have your say on changes to bus services
27 September 2021

Local customers can have their say on how bus services across Coffs Harbour, Macksville, Nambucca, Toormina, Sawtell, Boambee East and Woolgoolga can be improved to better meet customer needs.

Minister for Regional Transport and Roads Paul Toole said the consultation marked the next phase of the NSW Government’s 16 Regional Cities program, which is boosting bus services in the regions.

“We want to ensure our public transport offering meets the specific needs of this community with more reliable services and better connections to the places people want to visit and at the times they want to travel,” Mr Toole said.

“Feedback from customers will inform any improvements to the local network, delivering on our vision to help make public transport a first-choice option for people living in the regions.”

Member for Coffs Harbour Gurmesh Singh said the NSW Government had worked closely with stakeholders to roll out 81 additional weekly services in October 2020 to improve travel across the region.

“The community told us they wanted more reliable services and better connections to places like the hospital, TAFE, Southern Cross University and shopping centres,” Mr Singh said.

“We are now looking at how we can better meet the needs of the community by asking people to tell us what other changes they would like to see to improve their bus network.”

Member for Oxley Melinda Pavey said the new Sunday services from Macksville to Coffs Harbour via Nambucca Heads had provided an extra option for travelling for things like groceries, medical appointments and other essential supplies.

“These services have been a welcome boost for local customers, and we want to make sure any other changes to the network will be guided by those who use it,” Mrs Pavey said.

“Locals can now provide feedback on changes to existing routes, new routes, extended service hours or better connectivity to key destinations around the region until 25 October, which will be used by Transport for NSW to guide changes that will be introduced in 2022.”
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This covers all bus routes including STA ones.
It appears that all school will return a week earlier than previously announced ie years 1, 2 and 12 returning 18 October, some years on 25 October and all by 1 November.
It is believed that some senior ministers were pushing for another week earlier but this was not achievable for various reasons.

It would appear that school bus services will resume on 18 October. It will be interesting to see if new school term timetables will be issued as is done normally or whether the current term 3 timetables dated 12 July 2021 will continue to be used as contrary to normal practice no school holiday timetables have been issued for the current school holidays.
Living in the Shire.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Fleet Lists wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:53 pm It would appear that school bus services will resume on 18 October. It will be interesting to see if new school term timetables will be issued as is done normally or whether the current term 3 timetables dated 12 July 2021 will continue to be used as contrary to normal practice no school holiday timetables have been issued for the current school holidays.
Most, if not all, school services have been operating throughout the "Saturday" timetable since it was introduced.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Transdev in the Shire where I live certainly has not.
Living in the Shire.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Fleet Lists wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:57 am Transdev in the Shire where I live certainly has not.
Transport's advice from the website indicates they are running.
Dedicated school services operated by Transport for NSW are rostered as normal, with the exception of services where the school has advised they do not need those services.
STA has been operating school services throughout, as have a number of other operators.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As far as I an aware most schools have taken advantage of this "with the exception of services where the school has advised they do not need those services."
Living in the Shire.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

I know of at least three schools who have continued to have staff onsite for the express purpose of opening the gates to allow school buses to use the school's internal tuning bays, with the buses continuing to operate empty. Although outside the purview of this thread, STA had been operating all school trips over the past term it seems, so for most the return the school doesn't really mean much change.

The bigger question is whether or not they will retain the Saturday timetable as lockdown lifts.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

What a scandalous waste of fossil fuel and resources.
Absolutely appalling.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

J_Busworth wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:59 am I know of at least three schools who have continued to have staff onsite for the express purpose of opening the gates to allow school buses to use the school's internal tuning bays, with the buses continuing to operate empty. Although outside the purview of this thread, STA had been operating all school trips over the past term it seems, so for most the return the school doesn't really mean much change.

The bigger question is whether or not they will retain the Saturday timetable as lockdown lifts.
That in itself would create a problem if they retain the Saturday timetable after schools resume.
Using as an example. Route 971 operates school diversions in both the am and pm. But the trips concerned do not operate in the Saturday timetable. So some alternate will be developed for such trips. I am sure there are many routes with similar trips.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”