Private Observations 2019

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Centralian

Re: Private Observations 2019

Post by Centralian »

Transport Buff wrote:Spotted Blue Mountains Explorer Bus TV 654 Volvo Olympian Alxander today at Springwood on the Great Western Highway going towards katoomba. I wonder what it was doing away from its normal duties or depot in Katoomba and Leura.
As LB608 states, probably charter. With the two BCI deckers mainly doing the Explorer run, the fleet of Olympians are available to do school charters and such. Not an uncommon sight for them to pop up across the Mountains and beyond.
Lenny
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren SC222

Post by Lenny »

I saw ShoalBus new custom SB80 on a charter and it seems to be just a CB80 with coach type seats, rego was 2395 MO.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Transit Systems 14.5m Scania buses will be retiring in June/July. 20 x new buses will be added to the fleet. Scania, Volvo & Mercedes-Benz with Volgren and CC body work. I would suspect that the Scania units will have CC body, Volvo will have Volgren body to maintain fleet consistency and I would guess that M-B will also have CC body.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Stu wrote:Transit Systems 14.5m Scania buses will be retiring in June/July. 20 x new buses will be added to the fleet. Scania, Volvo & Mercedes-Benz with Volgren and CC body work. I would suspect that the Scania units will have CC body, Volvo will have Volgren body to maintain fleet consistency and I would guess that M-B will also have CC body.
But not replaced with equivalent higher capacity buses???
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Stu wrote:Transit Systems 14.5m Scania buses will be retiring in June/July. 20 x new buses will be added to the fleet. Scania, Volvo & Mercedes-Benz with Volgren and CC body work. I would suspect that the Scania units will have CC body, Volvo will have Volgren body to maintain fleet consistency and I would guess that M-B will also have CC body.
Welp RIP. It’s been a good run. Doesn’t surprise me though that TSA’s ex-STA 14.5m Scanias are going before STA’s remaining units. Today on a Volgren artic, the aircon was set at a freezing temperature, other TSA buses were comparably cold (and then travelling on their STA counterparts it was properly heated). The aircon vent on another bus was dangerously dangling from the top. Then don’t forget the numerous incidents that have made the news such as 1668’s front side lobe peeling off and then literally last week, the CNG 0500LE that had a nasty collision bump at the top. It’s clear the buses aren’t being looked after as well as they were under STA.

I’m otherwise keen to see a TSA spec’d CB80 / Volgren. I’m sure it’ll have the a few nice things I like that aren’t present on STA buses, such as private seat behind driver instead of a luggage rack
Stu

Post by Stu »

Correct, standard size rigid buses only. It will be interesting to see how the passenger loadings are impacted. The current 420 timetable from Dec 02 2018 had a number of short workings added during the early AM, I wonder if any other short working trips will be required elsewhere within the timetable? Time will tell.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

then literally last week, the CNG 0500LE that had a nasty collision bump at the top.
You appear to be blaming Transit Systems for this,how can you blame them, when the bus on a low loader
Stu

Post by Stu »

Jurassic_Joke wrote: Welp RIP. It’s been a good run. Doesn’t surprise me though that TSA’s ex-STA 14.5m Scanias are going before STA’s remaining units.
Incorrect, it's the other way around. STA have withdrawn 14.5m units before TSA due to age as there have been a handful withdrawn this year, TSA have not withdrawn any 14.5m units due to age. All current 14.5m units are over 25 years old and are using up as much of the additional 364 days after as STA and TSA are prepared to do so. When TSA withdraw such units in June/July and STA may still have some units in service, you are only talking about a few months out of almost 26 years of operational service, there is no argument here when comparing a government opetateor against a private operator. There are quite a number of new buses for STA either recently delivered or in build stage, the highest fleet number is currently at 2992.
Jurassic_Joke wrote: Then don’t forget the numerous incidents that have made the news such as 1668’s front side lobe peeling off and then literally last week, the CNG 0500LE that had a nasty collision bump at the top. It’s clear the buses aren’t being looked after as well as they were under STA.
The most recent incident location at Hurlsrone Park is not the first time of which a bus has been stuck there and there has also been incidents at the railway overpass at Wairoa St, Campsie. These incidents occurred when STA was operating in Region 6. The simple fact is the that the driver failed to read the road signage and follow the road rules.
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

^ The thing is that the underpass at Wairoa St is actually clearly marked as NO ENTRY TSA BUSES.
Although I do remember it once said NO ENTRY STA VOLVO BUSES or something similar.
Could the O405s fit under it? (It's 3.3m clearance)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Marshalls from Moruya has a 2019 Mercedes-Benz Coach Design bus, reg TV 6261. Not sure what Mercedes Chassis it is but going by their recent orders I suspect it's an O500RF-2 but I could be wrong on that part. NSW Rego checker was just saying it was a 2019 Coach Design bus with no help to what Chassis it was on.
Transport from the Hunter Valley & Beyond - cr228l.com
gen man
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster CRT2/1

Post by gen man »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Marshalls from Moruya has a 2019 Mercedes-Benz Coach Design bus, reg TV 6261. Not sure what Mercedes Chassis it is but going by their recent orders I suspect it's an O500RF-2 but I could be wrong on that part. NSW Rego checker was just saying it was a 2019 Coach Design bus with no help to what Chassis it was on.
Definitely a 2-axle MB O500RF. Chassis number & weights are both dead giveaways.
need red GA:521, 831.
AAT-Kings:
2014 - Year of Privatisation!
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Anyone know where and when the 24x Volgren bodied B8RLEs are due for Busways?
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

A range of withdrawn Transdev buses are now stored at Camellia including Csepels, Hinos, B10Ms and even the odd O405NH and B10L. More to come.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

So do Transdev own Camellia Depot?
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

LB608 wrote:So do Transdev own Camellia Depot?
In a way, yes, Transdev and CDC both share it so it’s pretty obvious to see them both running the same Station Link routes
We need another Trump but one that spreads love and unity, not hate and divide
StopAdani and No gas led recovery.
The Hope does not come from governments or corporations it comes from the people
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

No. It is leased.
swtt

Post by swtt »

It'll kick into use again with the T6 Carlingford Line shutdown :)
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107

Post by boronia »

Daniel wrote:No. It is leased.
By TfNSW I presume?

The requirement for T6 would be a lot less, and is some time away. I wonder if they would hold onto an empty yard for that long?
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.
venturatiger

Post by venturatiger »

Hi all
In regards to Busways new Volgrens
There are quite a few in various stages of building & all appear to be in Busways country livery

Cheers Venturatiger
Mboi84

Post by Mboi84 »

Not so much about new buses, but I noticed whilst waiting for the new Metro train at Tallawong, Busways was handing out cardboard bus count outs of its new On-Demand bus service - Cooee and its seems they now have a new logo
New Busways Logo
New Busways Logo
DB6D49EE-DD0D-4B6B-BCF5-9870CFE28509.png (6.61 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Also seems live on their new website - https://www.busways.com.au/

About the new logo - https://www.busways.com.au/news-items/o ... e-new-look
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The new logo and website were reported a few weeks ago.
Living in the Shire.
Mboi84

Post by Mboi84 »

Fleet Lists wrote:The new logo and website were reported a few weeks ago.
My bad. Must of missed it
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways 1301 is in Transport for NSW livery along with two others so I'm guessing the batch is split.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Palmer's Coaches Qld, appear to have taken over it's Easy Tours Central Coast with XQ83DC being transferred to that operation, it is also the only bus in the fleet
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Mboi84 wrote:Not so much about new buses, but I noticed whilst waiting for the new Metro train at Tallawong, Busways was handing out cardboard bus count outs of its new On-Demand bus service - Cooee and its seems they now have a new logo

(Photo snipped to save precious size and bandwidth)

Also seems live on their new website - https://www.busways.com.au/

About the new logo - https://www.busways.com.au/news-items/o ... e-new-look
I've noticed the new logo is being rolled out to bus destos with the new timetable change as well - saw several Penrith and Glendenning depot buses pass through Penrith interchange today with the new logo on the back desto (while not in service of course).

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”