Private Observations - July to December 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Jurassic_Joke

Re: Private Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Prototype Metrobus exploring its freedom on a completely different route today - https://i.imgur.com/5JivVGv_d.jpg?maxwi ... ity=medium
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

59 km/h at Hay Street !
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

How do you view that????????????
Living in the Shire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

It's from the NextThere app, iOS only.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

AnyTrip has this too. You can see the model of bus and speed on that app.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

Spotted 3 stationlink buses on rail replacement duties at Blacktown this evening. Would have thought peak hour would’ve seen all available units on SL services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

From the STA thread:
boronia wrote:
boronia wrote:Report in the Telegraph on line of a bus fire on Harbour Bridge last night. Unable to determine what bus involved.
Reports now mention that it was a bus load of "wedding guests" so presumably NOT STA
Some footage on Ch 10 news tonight suggests it might have been a NSBC vehicle.

Update: Ch 9 news showed an ex BT Scania
Last edited by boronia on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

922 and 968 are operating in Penrith today odd to see an all white bustech in penrith nowadays.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What are 922 and 968??? Possibly Busways fleet numbers??? A bit more information please.
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

boronia wrote:
boronia wrote:Report in the Telegraph on line of a bus fire on Harbour Bridge last night. Unable to determine what bus involved.
Reports now mention that it was a bus load of "wedding guests" so presumably NOT STA (EDIT) Some footage on Ch 10 news tonight suggests it might have been a NSBC vehicle.

Update: Ch 9 news showed an ex BT Scania

Not sure what CH9 is showing you but NBN News down here showed an ex Brisbane Transport Volvo B10M MK3 Austral Reg TV 9159 (They didn't show the Reg but the bus company only has one B10M Austral Volvo) belonging to Sydney's Amazing Coach Tours Homebush catching fire and included a clip from the roads surveillance camera of the fire sparking from the rear of the bus.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Spotted one of Transit Systems Leichardt's new Gemilang K310UBs with a Movember mustache on the front at Bondi Junction this afternoon. I guess they are taking after a certain Canberran operator in putting mustaches on the front of buses to support said movement... :P
Stonesourscotty wrote:922 and 968 are operating in Penrith today odd to see an all white bustech in penrith nowadays.
I spotted 922 this afternoon myself while heading home - Glendenning depot must be lending buses to the shuttle service for the Real Festival in Penrith today as it seems, considering it had "Real Festival" on its desto...
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Not sure what CH9 is showing you but NBN News down here showed an ex Brisbane Transport Volvo B10M MK3 Austral Reg TV 9159 (They didn't show the Reg but the bus company only has one B10M Austral Volvo) belonging to Sydney's Amazing Coach Tours Homebush catching fire and included a clip from the roads surveillance camera of the fire sparking from the rear of the bus.
Guess we will find out on Monday when the RMS inspectors turn up for a fleet inspection with the media in tow, pretending it is on top of things. Will no doubt find dozens of faults, most of which will be relatively trivial, broken interior lights etc. Then the T*rrorgraph will be able to run a sensationalist article about a rogue operator endangering the life of others, and the Roads Minister will be able to put out a press release, about how his government won't tolerate rogue operators.
Stonesourscotty

Fleetlists... baring in mind there are only two operators in Penrith. Busways and Blue Mountains bus company and only one has three digit number on all white buses i thought it was explanatory enough.

As far as i could tell all Tempe/Leichardt/Kingsgrove buses that are in Metrobus and TFNSW liveries have movember Decals some burwood buses have escaped the treatment including a few volgrens
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Fleet Lists wrote:What are 922 and 968??? Possibly Busways fleet numbers??? A bit more information please.
i ask the same question how doi i know what 922 & 968 are? more information would be great ,remember you live there, i DON'T
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Stonesourscotty wrote:Fleetlists... baring in mind there are only two operators in Penrith. Busways and Blue Mountains bus company and only one has three digit number on all white buses i thought it was explanatory enough.
People outside the Penrith area would NOT know that as others have mentioned.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Interest sight to see - ex Telfords Volvo B10M stuck on a round-about last night at Hanks St & Queen St, Ashfield.

Hopefully some information will be available soon regarding timetable changes for the Inner West early next month.

Edited.
Last edited by Stu on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Ex Telfords apparently
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Stonesourscotty wrote:Fleetlists... baring in mind there are only two operators in Penrith. Busways and Blue Mountains bus company and only one has three digit number on all white buses i thought it was explanatory enough.
People outside the Penrith area would NOT know that as others have mentioned.

Also, Busways do have some 4 numbered fleet numbers.

Using a fleet number isn’t a good identifier unless you use the company name as all companies use different methods to identify their fleet
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

Stu wrote:Interest sight to see - ex Telfords Volvo B10M stuck on a round-about last night at Hanks St & Queen St, Ashfield.

Hopefully some information will be available soon regarding timetable changes for the Inner West early next month.

Edited.
Many years ago, I witnessed a Telfords ex Tassie Volvo B10M drive straight over the top of the very next roundabout in Queen St (Griffiths St) with a predictable BANG!

Sure enough, seconds later, oil spewing onto the road whilst the driver merrily went on his way.

A quick phone call to the owner saved two heart attacks, nay, three.....one, the owner, two, the bus, and three, the driver when Benny would've eventually caught hold of him for destroying an engine! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stonesourscotty

Busways 248 which i had assumed Penrith had withdrawn has been repainted into TFNSW colours
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:There was a strong rumour going around a couple of months ago that CDC were about to announce that all operations in NSW were going to be renamed something like CDC followed by a location name such as possibly Sydney, Newcastle and Blue Mountains similar to what has happened in Victoria, but that was deferred until a later date when Forest and Coastal Liner were taken over which threw a spanner in the works for the new names. A new corporate livery for non route buses was to be included with blue and white remaining for route buses. Until that is all sorted out, I dont expect to see any rebranding.
Today's announcement that CDC has acquired Buslink throughout Australia, including Broken Hill In NSW, will probably throw another spanner in the works.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And while on that subject, I was talking to a coach driver from the Central Coast (not Red Bus), who told me that there is a rumour going around on the Central Coast that after CDC's acquisition of Coastal Liner, Red Bus would be next in line.
Living in the Shire.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Stonesourscotty wrote:Busways 248 which i had assumed Penrith had withdrawn has been repainted into TFNSW colours
248's been in TfNSW livery for quite a while now, iirc it was repainted while it was up at Gosford/Wyong :P
m/o 6234
Favourite Vehicle: Scania/MAN A69

Post by m/o 6234 »

Not sure who told you that but can say that’s not correct Red bus are staying put for now.
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ As Fleet Lists stated - 'rumor'. It could be possible that such a rumor has been created due to the number of acquisitions that CDC have made recently and all in a very short space of time, this could make people think 'who's next?' or 'I'm next'. :P

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”