Entrance Red CCMC RFW's

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Bus Riders
Favourite Vehicle: Why, m/o156 of course!

Entrance Red CCMC RFW's

Post by Bus Riders »

Would someone be able to provide Time Line/Transfer/Disposal information regarding the 3 CCMC RFW's originally with Entrance Red? Are either still around and if so in what form?

This enquiry is from a previous owner who is interested in finding what happened to them.
Last edited by Bus Riders on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Red and Cream with emerald green lining Coachmaster bodied AEC Reliance AH 505, ahhh, now there's a real bus!
GM

Re: Entrance Red CCMC RFW's

Post by GM »

Did they go to Seargents, Wyong? GM
Bus Riders

Post by Bus Riders »

GM wrote:Did they go to Seargents, Wyong? GM
Yes, Seargents got them with the Central Coast Coaches purchase but, what I am after is what happened to them after that. The different owners that they had, where they worked and if either is still around?

If anyone would care to post photos of their different incarnations I'm sure that would be appreciated as well.
A Red and Cream with emerald green lining Coachmaster bodied AEC Reliance AH 505, ahhh, now there's a real bus!
Bus Riders

Post by Bus Riders »

GM wrote:Did they go to Seargents, Wyong? GM

Yes, Seargents got them with the Central Coast Coaches purchase but, what I am after is what happened to them after that. The different owners that they had, where they worked and if either is still around?

If anyone would care to post photos of their different incarnations I'm sure that would be appreciated as well.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

I can't tell you the disposals off the top of my head. One did go to Narrabri Bus Service under Russell Kohen's ownership at MO 1735, then down to E Street in Sydney as MO 1735, then to Kwan's Motor Bus (all still in the red livery of Narrabri Bus Service). Probably went into camper land after that, like most of KMB's stuff.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

I can't tell you the disposals off the top of my head. One did go to Narrabri Bus Service under Russell Kohen's ownership at MO 1735, then down to E Street in Sydney as MO 1735, then to Kwan's Motor Bus (all still in the red livery of Narrabri Bus Service). Probably went into camper land after that, like most of KMB's stuff.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

Bus Riders

Post by Bus Riders »

Ben O wrote:I can't tell you the disposals off the top of my head. One did go to Narrabri Bus Service under Russell Kohen's ownership at MO 1735, then down to E Street in Sydney as MO 1735, then to Kwan's Motor Bus (all still in the red livery of Narrabri Bus Service). Probably went into camper land after that, like most of KMB's stuff.
Thanks for the input Ben. Certainly a piece of the puzzle that I can pass on.

I seem to remember that one of them may have been converted to either a horse float or car carrier in Mexico. Perhaps our Southern gurus may be able to shed some light on the matter?

Not sure if it's a glitch or we both have developed posting stutters! (Multi posts).
grumpsson

Post by grumpsson »

Last saw one of the RFW's that ended up at Wollongong Coaches camperised out on the Port Stephens Rd near the animal sanctuary, near the turn off for Williams Town air base. I know I took a photo of it that day I saw it. I'll look on sunday and let you know.
m/o 6234
Favourite Vehicle: Scania/MAN A69

Post by m/o 6234 »

Just adding my 2 cents worth:
There were 3 RFW's
41 TV 366
45 TV 137
49 TV 639
All went to seargents 45 was Re-reg TV 662
:)
Bus Riders

Post by Bus Riders »

Merc 248 wrote:Just adding my 2 cents worth:
There were 3 RFW's
41 TV 366
45 TV 137
49 TV 639
All went to seargents 45 was Re-reg TV 662
:)
My apologies, quite correct! Must be early onset Alzheimers!

41 was only a 37 footer and was used at Red Bus on the Tasmanian Tours as 40 footers were banned over there at the time. It went to Davis Ourimbah where a well know Coastie was her Driver. More info required on this one.

45 went to Michael Edgely's Moscow Circus entourage of transport vehicles band this may be the one in Victoria?

49 other than Seargent's need more life history on this one too.

Thank you for the input thus far and I hope more info may be gleaned.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

Some more information:-

(41) TV 366 RFW - Cummins 903 (RE) 903CU62071 / CC (74-5 19/6/74) RC49F.
SOLD to Seargent, Wyong as TV 664, then Davis, Ourimbah as MO 9641???, then Lawson, Birriwa as NTK 672, then Wollongong Coaches as TV 510, then to Kwan's Motor Bus, Hoxton Park as TV 1600.

(45) TV 137 RFW - Cummins 903 (RE) 903CU62082 / CC (75-109 9/7/75) RC49F
SOLD to Seargent, Wyong as TV662, then Wollongong Coaches as OBD 544, rereg TV 510; then Narrabri Bus Service (Russell Cohen), Narrabri as MO 1735, then E Street Bus Service as MO 1735, then Kwan's Motor Bus, Hoxton Park as MO 1735. Sold to Moscow Circus.

(49) TV 348 RFW - Cummins 903 (RE) 903CU62083 / CC (76-54 18/6/76) RC49F
SOLD to Seargent, Wyong as TV 639, No further history known at this stage.

A quick phone call to a certain southern-Sydney based guru would have this all sorted out down to the month, if you have time.

Regards,
Ben

P.S. Photos to follow.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

For TV 662 see http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-1344
I will update its history there.
Living in the Shire.
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

grumpsson wrote:Last saw one of the RFW's that ended up at Wollongong Coaches camperised out on the Port Stephens Rd near the animal sanctuary, near the turn off for Williams Town air base. I know I took a photo of it that day I saw it. I'll look on sunday and let you know.
I thought the camper out near the Airport (At the roundabout) was a Panther (Last seen round three years back then vanished)
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

Ben O wrote:I can't tell you the disposals off the top of my head. One did go to Narrabri Bus Service under Russell Kohen's ownership at MO 1735, then down to E Street in Sydney as MO 1735, then to Kwan's Motor Bus (all still in the red livery of Narrabri Bus Service). Probably went into camper land after that, like most of KMB's stuff.

Im a bit off topic but you mention E Street coaches , does anyone know what
happened to Toronto coach TV 274 ?? which went to E Street which mainly
did the Jindabine camp.
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

I have an idea that it was bought by Colin Crossley. I may be wrong.
VIKing

Post by VIKing »

E Street TB274 Denning was sold to Logan Coaches in Qld when E Street ceased operations in August 1995.
grumpsson

Post by grumpsson »

Hello Bus Riders.

I found the photo that I mentioned I would look for the other day. I will scan it this week and when I see you I will pass the photo on to you. Before I catch up with you I can tell you that it is the one that had black window surrounds and not stainless steel like the other two.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Ok now I know they were Cummins powered, what was the transmission so I can use my imagination for what these vehicles would have been like?
RFW musn't have sold many buses/ coaches as I have only seen their rather interesting special purpose trucks.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Swift wrote:Ok now I know they were Cummins powered, what was the transmission so I can use my imagination for what these vehicles would have been like?
RFW musn't have sold many buses/ coaches as I have only seen their rather interesting special purpose trucks.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

burrumbus wrote:
Swift wrote:Ok now I know they were Cummins powered, what was the transmission so I can use my imagination for what these vehicles would have been like?
According to a list compiled by Queensland based bus historian,Ian Lynas 47 chassis for bus use were sold.Any further info on them would be much appreciated.Cheers.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

Mr Scania wrote:I have an idea that it was bought by Colin Crossley. I may be wrong.
Going on VIKings dates, you are correct. Jimmy Hill and Colin Crossley took over Logan Coaches 1/5/95.
CCCC

Post by CCCC »

Thanks guys re TV 274
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

692 natural 5 speed Fuller. I was 19 years old and King of the Road.
CCCC

Post by CCCC »

Mr Scania wrote:692 natural 5 speed Fuller. I was 19 years old and King of the Road.
Missed driving it by a week but heard all the stories about it by the other drivers.
Had a large single navy ?? spotlight just below the front window if I recall correctly.
Air over springs ???

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”