WOOLWORTHS.

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

WOOLWORTHS.

Post by captainch »

Woolworths Paper Bags, for home deliveries the last 3 deliveries we have had have had frozen food & milk delivered in THE NEW PAPER BAGS as soon as you pick them up from the door step the milk & frozen food falls through the bottom of the wet paper bags as we are not allowed to go to the store what are you supposed to do call their head office you get NO satisfaction also the milk has 2 days to expire bread out of date at least when you shop in person you can check dates.plus 9 times out of 10 they don't provide the things you order but if you go into the store they are there................When you spend over $600 each fortnight you don't expect to get refunded $100 each order for out of store stock or out of date goods !then it takes them 8 days to refund your money!we pay for plastic get paper Also had some-one pick up order only to find that there are 2 more trollys still in store so you have to go back asked them to place how many trolleys are to picked up still waiting for a reply.
Last edited by captainch on Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Cazza

Re: WOOLWORTHS.

Post by Cazza »

I work in the Woolworths Front End and Online departments so I hope I can answer some of you concerns.

1- You can select whether you want your shopping in Online Bags (plastic), paper bags or no bags. Most people don't have issues with frozen and refrigerated stuff in paper bags. However, it does say on them something along the lines of "getting this bag wet may compromise the sturdiness of it". At the end of the day, the choice is yours as to what bags you have your groceries put in for online shopping.

2- Any issues you have with an Online Order, you are able to ring up the store or head into the store with your invoice receipt and explain what has happened.

3- With the online picking system for perishables with an expiry date (such as milk, some deli items etc.) there is a minimum expiry date that we can pick. Milk for example is somewhere around about a 3-5 day expiry minimum (depending on the size I believe). So it is possible that the picker didn't check the date on the milk. However, stock in the Fresh Department is checked (near) daily for use by dates and anything coming within a few days of its expiry date is given a reduced sticker. Anything with a reduced sticker cannot be put into an online order (it physically won't let us scan the reduced barcodes). As for the bread, it is all baked fresh each day. Some stores put reduced stickers on bakery items coming into the night they were baked, others the morning after (to clear the stock for the next lot of items). Whatever isn't sold is given to Foodbank or other organisations (depending on the area and contracts each store has). So I'm not sure how you've been a loaf of bread that was anywhere near its best before, let alone out of date.

4- As for the not providing items (we call out of stocks), before each order is dispatched, the protocol (at my store anyway) is for a team member of each department is called up and given a their respective list of items that need to be found. Sometimes, yes, they are waiting on pallets that have just been unloaded off a truck and we are physically unable to retrieve. So you may come in an hour or so later and see it sitting on the shelf. And if you come in the next day, then yes, of course it will be on the shelf if its been ordered in that night. There's also the option to choose to substitute items or not (if your brand isn't in stock, we swap it for a similar one). If your original item is gluten free, we have to get a gluten free sub. If it's a normal brand, we cannot sub it for a Woolworths brand etc. Granted, some days for us are just too busy and if it isn't on the shelves, we just don't have the time to send people looking.

This is the process that happens at my store, so yes, it may slightly differ to yours. But I will say that if you have any issues with the online process, you raise them with the store. I'm not sure why you say you cannot go into the store, but then you say that you've seen items on the shelves when you go in?

Also, from what I've noticed, you do seem to have quite a few issues with Woolworths. Any reason why you don't use Coles?
captainch

Post by captainch »

Thanks for your reply have done the things you mentioned called head office plus the local woolies over 6 times when you have only a woolies and the next best there is no COLES we have a I G A BUT THEY DO NOT HOME DELIVER! as we are over 75 and not allowed to leave . thank you for your concern We have been loyal shoppers at woolies for over 50 years because our store has NO real competion WE ARE STUCK WITH THEM BUT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE TO GET A aldi STORE by the way the workers at aour woolis are great we only use the checkouts that are maned rather than autoes because it takes peoples jobs. so far in every shop on line we have been getting refunds for out of date stuff & missing items be glad when we can go back to shopping our selves!.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

While on Woolworths, their plastic re-usable bags are quality 'Made in Germany' product. Recommend.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
captainch

Post by captainch »

Yes And the PAPER bags are made in CHINA.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Centralian wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:58 pm While on Woolworths, their plastic re-usable bags are quality 'Made in Germany' product. Recommend.
Ironically, Aldi's 15c plastic bags are made in Australia.

Some Woolies bags are made in Thailand instead of Germany. Coles ones are made in Malaysia. No excuse whatsoever for Colesworths to offshore the bags.

Beyond supermarket bags, Australian footy cards are also made in China. Select Australia should be ashamed, the quality is crap too and they almost always have defects with the lamination on the ends (not corners) where the cards are cut. It's even worse on the diecut cards due to their shape. Not only that but they are even too stingy to drop the price or even offer stores (e.g. Coles) a discount when the season is over, so they stay at $2.99 for the whole time even when no-one is buying them (and even into the new year if the shops haven't cleared them out or sent them back to Select for recycling). That said, most stores run out of Select cards while having dozens of unopened boxes of utterly worthless Teamcoach cards (also $2.99, because competition). Select's cards are also not shuffled at all, you "randomly" get the same assortments of common cards, in the exact same order, with only the inserts being random. So you end up accumulating something like 40 of one player while not even having one of another even if it isn't a particularly good player. And, because they only feature ten players (and all of three AFLW players) per team, most of the team isn't even featured. The "premium" brand is also of the same quality (and lack thereof) as the base brand, the only difference being the price.

Return to “The Lunch Room”