Political discussion

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Re: Political discussion

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

BLM are allowed to protest but this woman is not?Double standards here;
https://youtu.be/GP9-z3jfnuQ
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I was filled with concentrated disgust at those officers in her home acting like she committed a bank robbery over a social media post of her desire to protest.
At least wait until she had done the deed first. They should adopt the swastika as their logo.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Big Engine Mechanic

@Swift
Exactly !
With the amount of crap that's online and they worry about her. . . . . . Well if society can't see there is a problem here I can't see what else will convince people.
Big Engine Mechanic

Finally !!!!!!! Yyyyeeerrr!!! 8) Just saw it on the news There has been a protest for the right reasons Against Covid 19 restrictions!
I must admit I think the police were alot more heavy handed with this protest rather than the BLM protest, double standards there once again.
Big Engine Mechanic

I found a video and had to post this :D
I'm surprised about the horses they usually use Grey's,
Love this older guy :D
https://youtu.be/8FIvRz4dtP4
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:06 pm BLM are allowed to protest but this woman is not?Double standards here;
https://youtu.be/GP9-z3jfnuQ
Agreed! They need to take a step back and look at what they did to this poor woman....
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Big Engine Mechanic

Agreed! They need to take a step back and look at what they did to this poor woman....
[/quote]
Yes to pick on or abuse a pregnant woman is about the worst thing a man can do also there should always be a female police officer during these situations, there was one but she came in late and it was a guy that arrested her, if anybody it should have been a female police officer.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Absolutely outrageous :x when they aren't prepared to be that zealous with anyone politically touchy to the left like BLM and African gangs.
They resorted to an old piece of legislation from 1958, very open to interpretation, related to inciting an offence to take place, just to arrest her.
Smacks of clutching at straws for political expediency.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Found this video of Mel Gibson spelling out our own demise in 1987. This country is disgusting.

https://youtu.be/-Mna0oLUYoQ
Big Engine Mechanic

Swift wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 am Found this video of Mel Gibson spelling out our own demise in 1987. This country is disgusting.

https://youtu.be/-Mna0oLUYoQ
That's a really good one !
Mel Gibson was a handsome bloke.
I don't like what's happening to this country either, I remember a time where I use to see society happy with glowing faces, husband and wife hand in hand with children walking down the street happy to have a job etc going out places. . . . . . .
Now I see people high commiting crimes bragging about what underage girl they landed, on the dole and people looking like they just come out of a train wreck, some people like that sought of life and some people have become so gullible to the media that we will end up heading down that path no matter what.
Swift

Post by Swift »

He was at his peak here though he did great stuff much later like Ransom and Signs.
Here he is in a deleted scene from Lethal Weapon which he was doing at the time. Note the big square American sedans that were still prolific then -same mechanical package as our Fairlane, though with a full chassis in their case of course :) .

A one of a kind actor.
https://youtu.be/bvAvNfCbQJk
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

This would be how things might look politically for Australia in 5 years

1,liberal governments in all states and federally

2,labor governments in all states territories and federally

3,liberal governments in Tasmania NSW SA Queensland ACT and federally with labor governments in NT Victoria and WA

4,labor governments in NSW Victoria Queensland SA ACT and federally with liberal governments in NT WA and Tasmania

5,liberal governments in all states and territories with labor government federally

6,labor governments in all states and territories with a liberal government federally
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

By the looks of things, I feel like 2 is more likely to happen but the smaller parties win more seats as more people from Gen Z are able to vote...
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:07 pm By the looks of things, I feel like 2 is more likely to happen but the smaller parties win more seats as more people from Gen Z are able to vote...
Then you will have the kids of the current generation gen alpha that would be able to vote from 2028 as the gen alpha started in 2010 making any gen alphas born from January 2010 onwards eligible to vote in 2028 depending on how many gen alpha kids in that born in 2010 group turn 18 before Election Day
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

Wow! Didn’t realise we have gen alphas that are 10 now! Where has that time gone!
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
Swift

Post by Swift »

Hopefully gen alpha will be conservative rebels.
Campbelltown busboy

Swift wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:20 pm Hopefully gen alpha will be conservative rebels.
Let's hope there are some conservative millennials out there so there' then will be some conservatives in gen alpha.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I have heard there are quite a few conservatives among generation Y sick of the BS feed to them by teachers and
through high school and millennials too.

I do know millennial conservatives exist, but the hoi polloi among them are left leaning unfortunately.
Campbelltown busboy

Swift wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:57 pm I have heard there are quite a few conservatives among generation Y sick of the BS feed to them by teachers and
through high school and millennials too.

I do know millennial conservatives exist, but the hoi polloi among them are left leaning unfortunately.
we could see the situation where there would be people on the far left pushing the greens to become a major party
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Are you suggesting that all Younger Generations are Progressive just because you see them involved in The climate change protests and more are unemployed because of COVID19?

I know that there are Conservative Gen Zs too. I have seen them with my own eyes and Ive seen them on the internet, Naomi Seibt is an example of a conservative Gen Z:

Here is her twitter account:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SeibtNaomi

Every Generation will always have two political sides whether you believe me or not, Whether it be a Progressive Boomer or a Conservative Gen X person.

I wonder what the nickname for the next generation will be? My good guess will have something to do with the world now waking up to save the environment so maybe i could call it "Gen Grassroots" where more people actually get to have their voice heard and not just the rich.

Being a Gen Z myself, I have already experienced so much in during my lifetime. I first saw Gladys Berejiklian on a news video on YouTube when I was really young, then I started learning about politics a lot more a few years later, I never really understood what our politicians said wben i was really young so to me it felt like gibberish - still kind of hear all sorts of gibberish that I still can't understand from politicians today. Especially when you go to the right. But when you listen to trump, his language is so simple that even a 5 year old could understand what he is trying to say - and he won because his language was so easy to understand - but when I was 5-6 years old I never really understood what our politicans said.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:54 am Are you suggesting that all Younger Generations are Progressive just because you see them involved in The climate change protests and more are unemployed because of COVID19?

I know that there are Conservative Gen Zs too. I have seen them with my own eyes and Ive seen them on the internet, Naomi Seibt is an example of a conservative Gen Z:

Here is her twitter account:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SeibtNaomi

Every Generation will always have two political sides whether you believe me or not, Whether it be a Progressive Boomer or a Conservative Gen X person.

Being a Gen Z myself, I have already experienced so much in during my lifetime. I first saw Gladys Berejiklian on a news video on YouTube when I was really young, then I started learning about politics a lot more a few years later, I never really understood what our politicians said wben i was really young so to me it felt like gibberish - still kind of hear all sorts of gibberish that I still can't understand from politicians today. Especially when you go to the right. But when you listen to trump, his language is so simple that even a 5 year old could understand what he is trying to say - and he won because his language was so easy to understand - but when I was 5-6 years old I never really understood what our politicans said.
I'm a on the fence gen Y/millennial politically that doesn't know what side he wants to lean towards
Swift

Post by Swift »

I think you'll go right then.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Watching the American debate and was surprised that Donald, who calls himself a genius, thinks a mask is to protect yourself when it is a thousand times more for protecting others.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

eddy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:30 am Watching the American debate and was surprised that Donald, who calls himself a genius, thinks a mask is to protect yourself when it is a thousand times more for protecting others.
Yep. He’s a ding dong. 🔔
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
Campbelltown busboy

The conservative right will fight until the US election is won it will be good for America and the world it will also be pro Brexit as Trump supports it

Return to “The Lunch Room”