Political discussion

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Political discussion

Post by Swift »

simonl wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:17 pm ^ Swift, I feel that you might be completely wrong here. Perhaps just optimistic thinking but I think you are too negative here. Jodi McKay never made an impact as opposition leader, happy to give another a go.
I think I'm close to the truth actually. Just imagine how they'd muck the Covid lockdowns etc. They'd make Dictator Dan and that Autocratic Ana to the north seem 1/4 competent.

And just imagine the ramping up of identity politics under those commies with their Claytons coalition with the Green party?
Jody McKay being chosen as opp leader smacked of being an also ran female candidate to Gladys.

It looks like some sanity will prevail at long last with a male being given a go.

I actually grew to like Luke Foley especially after his white flight remark hehe.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
simonl

Post by simonl »

Swift wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:20 pm I actually grew to like Luke Foley especially after his white flight remark hehe.
Foley was God awful. Every bit as bad as Beasley. Neither could stomach having any sort of policy.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

simonl wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:17 pm ^ Jodi McKay never made an impact as opposition leader, ......
Agree re Jodi McKay. She gained more media attention in resigning than she ever managed during her term as opposition leader in NSW.
As long as the new guy keeps his testosterone in check, and hands to himself, I have no doubt he will do well.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Swift

Post by Swift »

She was crying yet looked relieved in a way. She was probably getting frustrated in the end and knew it wasn't working out.
PS I agree Luke was a terrible choice and thought are they serious when he first got selected and cheating on his lovely wife the way he did didn't help in my estimation either.
I couldn't help grinning in agreement when he (stupidly) said many areas of Sydney had been through white flight and all the outrage that term caused. He was speaking the truth though, and his "comrades" deeply disapproved.
You must love the diversity your leaders imposed on you or else!!
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

How many ex NSW labor leaders do we still hear about. We do still here from the last NSW labor premier when there's something going on around immigration policy
Swift

Post by Swift »

Only because she's politically active federally and makes regular appearances in the media I think.

I remember her getting a grilling and a quarter at a press gathering outdoors and this particular reporter from channel nine was really laying into her and her composure was falling apart when Tania Plibersek chimed in and expertly got them to behave. I have a lot of time for Tania. She's a sharp player.
Campbelltown busboy

Swift wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:13 pm Only because she's politically active federally and makes regular appearances in the media I think.

I remember her getting a grilling and a quarter at a press gathering outdoors and this particular reporter from channel nine was really laying into her and her composure was falling apart when Tania Plibersek chimed in and expertly got them to behave. I have a lot of time for Tania. She's a sharp player.
She was a powerbroker puppet according to her NSW premier predecessor
Swift

Post by Swift »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:00 am
Swift wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:13 pm
She was a powerbroker puppet according to her NSW premier predecessor
That's plausible. She succeeded Nathan Rees after he fell on his sword ....due to a certain powerbroker later sent to goal.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I've been impressed as well by Tania Plibersek in the federal Labor arena. Leadership material in waiting once Albo reaches his "use by date".
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

No fan of Plibersek, but that's just me for you.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Sorry to say JODIE SHOULD have stuck to reading the news on NBN T.V instead of making it!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
eddy

Post by eddy »

After the last NSW Labor particularly the "mines minister" allowing a longwall under the Hume also I think it will be a very long time before people forget Kristina Kenneally saying $500m was not much to can a project.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Campbelltown busboy

What was the current opposition immigration minsters role in the NSW government before she became premier was she a minister or was she a backbench MP
Swift

Post by Swift »

captainch wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:27 pm Sorry to say JODIE SHOULD have stuck to reading the news on NBN T.V instead of making it!
Problem is she barely did as opp leader. Nowadays the media narrate and manipulate news not report.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

News reporting today has to sell advertising space.
Even the ABC has lost it in my opinion. Political correctness rules.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Woke politics rules. Not with me ever.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Agree.
Once upon a time you could call a spade a spade. Not any more !
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Centralian wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:45 am Even the ABC has lost it in my opinion. Political correctness rules.
The only reason I read or watch their news is it (generally) isn't quite the sensationalist claptrap one gets from the commercial networks, and it isn't an insult to one's intelligence, as a result.

That said, could do well without their biases, and those of the other commercial networks.
Swift

Post by Swift »

The lowlifes edit and assemble snippets of information to support a narrative. A critical mind can see it readily.
eddy

Post by eddy »

It is 80 years since Hitler attacked Russia and Putin says they won WW2 but many times I remember my mother say she would gas all five of us if he ever got to England and thank Japan for getting America involved
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I could never understand why my father was happy when he heard Churchill had died yet the parents of other kids in the street where I lived were down in the dumps and sad. Eventually I understood the dislike among 'Eastern European' nationalities for the handover of a huge chunk of Europe to a communist Soviet Union in the split up of Europe after the war. My father did manage to set foot into a free Poland before he died.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Centralian wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:10 pm Agree.
Once upon a time you could call a spade a spade. Not any more !
There was a construction site next to a convent. Mother Superior walks over and asked to speak with the foreman. Mother superior told the foreman that the men have been talking extremely vulgarly and the nuns are hearing this type of language. The foreman replies by explaining to Mother Superior that these men are rough and tough and that they call it like they see it, they call a spade a spade. Mother superior replied "no sir, they are calling it a f***ing shovel"
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Like it. While on convents, many years ago at work I had to ring a convent at Riverstone.
I tried a few times daily for nearly a week and no one answered.
Did some research and found out it was a silent order !
Sent them a letter.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Barnaby Joyce is back to being the Deputy prine minister.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

He wont be sworn in as such until tomorrow.
Even the opposition leader did not seem to aware of the situation as in question time he kept asking why Barnaby had not taken over the deputy pm seat in parliamemt yet.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “The Lunch Room”