What Gives you the CREEPS?!

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

What Gives you the CREEPS?!

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Hey guys, you can vent something your scared of here.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
B10BLE
Favourite Vehicle: C63 AMG Black

Re: What Gives you the CREEPS?!

Post by B10BLE »

Finding cockroaches in the mailbox.
Contra la Luna
sandertristan

Post by sandertristan »

A speeding vehicle does it for me... am always thinking . what if the breaks fail? what if some other car comes in our way and we do not
have time to stop or change direction? my heartbeat at the moment hits a 100 beats per min i swear.. any other day and i would
literally wet my pants
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

You obviously haven't been to Adelaide, which has a fairly small number of bus drivers that will do 10+ kph over the speed limit, especially when running late. Mostly from Mile End and Camden Park depots.

I have been on several high floor buses doing 70 or more through 60 zones in recent years, including at least two doing 78-80kph rocketing past cars in the right lane.

And regarding speeding motorists, are speed limits optional when on a motorbike? I see so many roaring past cars whilst doing at least 15 kph or more over the limit, that one wonders to themselves.

Post by 3805 »

Some train buffs. Also a few of the "regulars" on the 00:18 West.
Комитет государственной безопасности​
Rclasstramcar
Favourite Vehicle: 1955 Morris Minor-1961 Hillman

Post by Rclasstramcar »

The thought of spiders crawling over me at night.
Return Sydney's trams
Vote Morrison and his Government out this election.
JAN 26-INVASION DAY
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Stuff the lift from Eddy Ave to the Grand Concourse at Sydney Central. Stuff it right up its own backside.

First time I used it a couple of weeks ago and damn me; I had no idea where I was.
I'd honestly rather trip down the escalators at Parliament Station rather than go back down this hallway. If you need this lift, either make sure you have company or go for the North Concourse entrance.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Was cleaning out an old cubbyhouse (one of those plastic panel kit things) and was spraying off a wall panel when I found a red-back/black widow. Sprayed it off and squished it. Next I turn over a floor panel and what do I find? A 'family' consisting of 5 more red-backs, a leaf providing shelter and food storage for them and... an egg. A redback spider egg. So what do I do? Pick 'em all up with a broom handle and take on them all. And the egg? It went down a drain. Probably drowned away already. But yeah, be careful when cleaning old outdor stuff.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

TA3001 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:50 pm You obviously haven't been to Adelaide, which has a fairly small number of bus drivers that will do 10+ kph over the speed limit, especially when running late. Mostly from Mile End and Camden Park depots.

I have been on several high floor buses doing 70 or more through 60 zones in recent years, including at least two doing 78-80kph rocketing past cars in the right lane.

And regarding speeding motorists, are speed limits optional when on a motorbike? I see so many roaring past cars whilst doing at least 15 kph or more over the limit, that one wonders to themselves.
OMG I have this funny story, while we had the stricked covid 19 rules in place buses were empty but I still got on, anyway I caught a bus to Marion shopping centre one day and back, the first ride to Marion was fine but on the way there I saw this bus driver over take the bus doing about 90+ on Sturt road, the bus driver driving the bus I was on opened his window up, waived his arms about and yelled WTF are you doing. Then once I had finished at Marion I caught the bus back and that speeding bus driver was driving it, he was doing at least 90+ the whole way and every single time someone hailed for the bus to stop people hailed like in the picture provided below, the bus driver would slam on his brakes and literally the tyres made a loud screeching noise and skid/slided at least 15 metres away/forword from the bus stop, the passangers got on the bus, saw what he was doing and freaked out but I was laughing because the bus driver looked about 70, and the women on the bus were giving me this look like why the hell are you laughing, anyway got to my stop and got off at the front to purposely pass the bus driver and said well f**K me.
Attachments
wacky_wavy_arm_flailing_inflatable_tube_men.jpg
wacky_wavy_arm_flailing_inflatable_tube_men.jpg (96.54 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Report the douchebag! This fella sounds like he's high on something, or out of his mind.

But in reality, most buses in Adelaide are governed to 85kph (even some MANs). If you remember the bus number and which day and time it was, then dob him in ASAP.

You could even report it to the police due to excess speeding. Usually conduct similar to this results in the driver being shown the exit door, as it is bad publicity for any bus company. I know there are a small number of Scanias that aren't governed to 85, but they're few and far between. I've also heard a theory of one track artic being able to do over 100kph.

If this went unnoticed, I'll be amazed.
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

TA3001 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:38 pm Report the douchebag! This fella sounds like he's high on something, or out of his mind.

But in reality, most buses in Adelaide are governed to 85kph (even some MANs). If you remember the bus number and which day and time it was, then dob him in ASAP.

You could even report it to the police due to excess speeding. Usually conduct similar to this results in the driver being shown the exit door, as it is bad publicity for any bus company. I know there are a small number of Scanias that aren't governed to 85, but they're few and far between. I've also heard a theory of one track artic being able to do over 100kph.

If this went unnoticed, I'll be amazed.
Good point, yes I spoke to someone about it, haven't seen him since.

Return to “The Lunch Room”