Least favourite suburb in Australia

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Power
Favourite Vehicle: V741

Re: Least favourite suburb in Australia

Post by Power »

GoldlinQ wrote:For Brisbane, I would not consider it out of the ordinary think of the whole of the following LGAs to be in "Brisbane" - Ipswich City, Redland City, Logan City and Moreton Bay Regional. You can certainly identify as being from Logan or Ipswich, but that is really no different to saying you are from Liverpool or Penrith (in more than one sense usually...)

"South-East Queensland" is a different beast to "Brisbane" which is really 2 concepts - the BCC area, and the Brisbane Statistical Division (which is the conventional meaning of Brisbane including the other LGAs above).

There is no way known anywhere on the Gold or Sunshine Coasts could reasonably be considered part of "Brisbane" in either sense, especially now Beenleigh and Eagleby have been handed to Logan.

Yatala/Stapylton and Ormeau are classed as Brisbane most transport companies think they are part of Brisbane. So is Wolffedne it is classed as Brisbane but last time I checked they were in Scenic Rim or GC Council. The mid way point between Gold Coast would be between Loganholme and Coomera.
Wolffedne is classed as Brisbane
Tell me how Swag is going to pay your bills in 10 years time?
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

Power wrote:
GoldlinQ wrote:For Brisbane, I would not consider it out of the ordinary think of the whole of the following LGAs to be in "Brisbane" - Ipswich City, Redland City, Logan City and Moreton Bay Regional. You can certainly identify as being from Logan or Ipswich, but that is really no different to saying you are from Liverpool or Penrith (in more than one sense usually...)

"South-East Queensland" is a different beast to "Brisbane" which is really 2 concepts - the BCC area, and the Brisbane Statistical Division (which is the conventional meaning of Brisbane including the other LGAs above).

There is no way known anywhere on the Gold or Sunshine Coasts could reasonably be considered part of "Brisbane" in either sense, especially now Beenleigh and Eagleby have been handed to Logan.

Yatala/Stapylton and Ormeau are classed as Brisbane most transport companies think they are part of Brisbane. So is Wolffedne it is classed as Brisbane but last time I checked they were in Scenic Rim or GC Council. The mid way point between Gold Coast would be between Loganholme and Coomera.
Wolffedne is classed as Brisbane
Yes, bits of Scenic Rim too - probably also bits of Somerset.
Elvis has left the building!
STA 1440
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA B10M 1440/2405

Post by STA 1440 »

Hackham, Salisbury, Elizabeth, Gawler, Seaford.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Cremorne, Mosman and Neutral Bay with all the newcomers flatting in these areas that think they are the sh!t for living there but have no class to match.
Global w̶a̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ hoax.
Australia is no free country.
Dictatorship by dictators.
Bringing low quality immigrants makes for an inferior country.
top stuff

Post by top stuff »

carrum downs is sh#t . if you get lost in there the only way out is to steel a car. I have seen kids as young as 10 sniffing paint and drinking alcohol and smoking with there parents the place re minds me of a B grade zombie flick.
newbris

Post by newbris »

TransitBris wrote:
newbris wrote: Tarragindi - what happened?
Young Feral Families flocking in...
Surprised they can afford it.
snoopy77

Post by snoopy77 »

All of the Feral Ones in Adelaide come to mind.That's where all the people who commit the crimes and go to prison for it come from too numerous to list :lol:
TransitBris
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by TransitBris »

A few new ones discovered today...Taigum and Boondall in Brisbane.
Scania pride 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”