What do you drink?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Re: What do you drink?

Post by DiAmOnD T »

getting back on topic, and sissy drinkers please depart.

BEER - New, Cold, Old, Heck, anything but that cat piss in a can called VB
Sprits - Jim, Jack, Johnny, Woody, Cougar (pretty much any Burbon or Scotch)
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

Tasmanian beers
Cascade;Draught or Blue (lager) :D :D
Boags; Draught or Red (XXX ale) AFAIK Boags red is only available in Tasmania. :D :D
The worst beer; VB = VOMIT BOMBS. :evil: :evil:
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
bcousins
Favourite Vehicle: MO-052 & MO-8200

Post by bcousins »

Black coffee. Trust me is worse
im too old for this!
bcousins
Favourite Vehicle: MO-052 & MO-8200

Post by bcousins »

MetroTasCatcher wrote:Love Coke, Vanilla Coke
i do too
Brendan03 wrote:(God I love this country.)

me too. but the parents that let tehir kids go out anywhere and everywhere..............start your ENVY
im too old for this!
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Beer: Boag's Wizard Smith Ale, Boag's Draught, Tooheys Old, Carlton Black plus a few boutique ones here and there, such as Old Admiral from the Lord Nelson pub/brewery in Sydney. I don't mind sweet apple ciders either.

Spirits: Bundy Red mostly with ginger beer or cola. I have a bottle of Bundy 8 year and Glenfiddich 18 year I am waiting to use later on this year when my first kiddy is born. Sometimes Vodka if I put it in one of my special punches which I often make in my punch watering can. Equal parts Solo Lemon/Lime, Dry Ginger Ale, Orange & Mango juice, plus a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Passion Pop - good stuff.

Wine: I only ever used to like tawny and rummy ports and super sweet dessert wines, but now I have got myself into sweet reds and the odd rosē - as long as they aren't too dry/tannin like. I don't drink white wine.
Job done.
bigdogprime
Favourite Vehicle: ford psv ute

Post by bigdogprime »

like MOTHER brossa peal or sparkling star wine :roll: beer....sydney draugh or gold top :|
"my kinda WOMEN"
;barbra marry me!!!"
Comeng301M
Favourite Vehicle: Custom "CB60"
Location: With the Richmond "Grog Squad" at the Punt Road End of the MCG

Post by Comeng301M »

Bundaberg Rum, Jack Daniels and when I am at the pub Carlton Draught on Tap
Comeng301M A loud, Foul Mouth, Beer Swelling, Bourbon Consuming, Rum Drinking, Cigarette Smoking, Pain In The Arse Gunzel. aka an annoying c**t

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/comeng301m
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Post by moreton »

Bundaberg Rum is used as snake repellant, no one has ever been bitten by a snake while drinking Bundy. If you don't fight on Bundy, your not trying. Moreton :wink:
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?
ben73

Post by ben73 »

Had some 'Green Fairy' drink last night. Was interesting taste and smell. Good to lite on fire though.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit
PRT 065
Favourite Vehicle: Guess ?

Post by PRT 065 »

Good ol , soft water
Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

ben73 wrote:Had some 'Green Fairy' drink last night. Was interesting taste and smell. Good to lite on fire though.
Sounds like Absinthe - makes me do weird things.

Often you put a sugar square in it - then light it on fire and drink. I've also downed a fair bit mixed in with apple juice which was nice. Makes me have very weird dreams though. One time I woke up with this 9 figure number in my head, which I was reciting for no reason. I wrote it down and hunted around for ages trying to work out what it was. Turns out it was my tax file number. NFI how it got into my mind.
Job done.
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

Vodka, Jack Daniels, and Coopers Pale are my usual drinks of choice.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
tbc1983

Post by tbc1983 »

@ Andrew,

Whit s.hit like that mate, it's a good thing you studied to be a town planner and not to be a civil engineer...

Cheers!
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

bah! too many numbers....
Job done.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

It was 3 months yesterday since I turned 18, and to this day I have not had a single drop of alcohol.

No reason why other than I've yet to find any form of alcohol that actually tastes enjoyable...
Brendan03
Favourite Vehicle: Not an S set.

Post by Brendan03 »

Not trying to be a bad influence... but try Cocktails, a properly mixed cocktail will get you used to the background taste of alcohol... then try some ready to drinks...

I admit I'll drink almost anything now without having an issue on the taste of the alcohol... Beer, Straight Cointreu, Whisky, Vodka etc.

I really love Singapore Slings. Omg. Hard to get though. If you're ever in a tropical climate where it's ~30ºC and 80%+ humidity. Have a Singapore Sling. Delightful.
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
kp.nuts

Post by kp.nuts »

If you like the taste of red bull, I'd recommend a Vodka Red Bull, because you can hardly taste the vodka.

I also like ciders, just because they taste fruity, like apples.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

kp.nuts wrote:I also like ciders, just because they taste fruity, like apples.

Just don't get "trashed" on them, You'll never be able to enjoy them again.
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
RailwayBus

What do you drink?

Post by RailwayBus »

What's in a Singapore Sling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

RailwayBus wrote:What's in a Singapore Sling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booze.

Wikipedia says...

* 4.0 cl (8 parts) Gin
* 2.0 cl (4 parts) Heering Cherry Liqueur (cherry brandy)
* 0.5 cl (1 part) Cointreau
* 0.5 cl (1 part) DOM Bénédictine
* 1.0 cl (2 parts) Grenadine
* 8.0 cl (16 parts) Pineapple juice
* 3.0 cl (6 parts) Fresh lemon juice
* 1 dash Angostura bitters
Frances

Post by Frances »

I had a couple of glasses of whisky on Tuesday night. Not something I normally drink, or even like, but this was a good single malt, so it wasn't that bad. I shouldn't have had the second one though - I had trouble walking in a straight line afterwards...........
V761
Favourite Vehicle: Dennings with Pussies in them.

Post by V761 »

All these young people remind me of something that happened waaay back when I was 17... At a friends 18th party, I aquired a carton of Smirnoff double black Vodka cans... Drank all 24 of them by 1am... Was very very sick for the next three days.

Took me 3 years to start drinking Vodka again... Now enjoy it...in moderation.

My everyday is XXXX Gold, But I do really enjoy a ice cold Coopers Pale Ale on tap. I have been known to drink Carlton Draught (when in Melbourne.) and a few imported beers.

Spirits wise I drink Canadian club if I want to mellow a bit, and obviously Vodka...

Don't mind the odd Jager shot either...with red bull. Jager bombs.. :D
V761 - The first BT scania I caught.

Down with ' !'

OHMAIGAWDZ00R!!1!11! A T BUS WOZ ON TEH 598!!11!11!!1!!!!1!!11
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

V761 wrote:All these young people remind me of something that happened waaay back when I was 17... At a friends 18th party, I aquired a carton of Smirnoff double black Vodka cans... Drank all 24 of them by 1am... Was very very sick for the next three days.

Took me 3 years to start drinking Vodka again... Now enjoy it...in moderation.

My everyday is XXXX Gold, But I do really enjoy a ice cold Coopers Pale Ale on tap. I have been known to drink Carlton Draught (when in Melbourne.) and a few imported beers.

Spirits wise I drink Canadian club if I want to mellow a bit, and obviously Vodka...

Don't mind the odd Jager shot either...with red bull. Jager bombs.. :D
I tend to stay away from Jager/Red Bull, If I'm drinking it with something else, I might have 1 or 2... but I decided I don't like the kinda buzz they give. It's not like Alcohol at all. It's just... wrong... (although I had a great night that time, I didn't appreciate my heart feeling uncomfortable for the next few days)

Anyway. I don't mind Vodka in very small doses... but I tend to go for Whiskey/Bourbon at the moment, on my trip to Phuket I bought myself a bottle of Canadian Club, I realised later I actually wanted Cointreau and Phuket only allows 1.125Litres per person or something but while I was there, A Woman from the Gold Coast we'd been chatting to at the hotel had extra booze she didn't want to take back so I was given a near-full bottle of Jack Daniels which was actually quite nice. I was pleasantly supprised that it wasn't awful (I tend to think that if Bogans like something, It usually is awful, It works when Bundaberg is involved).
Towards the end of both bottles, I started mixing them together with Coke.
RailwayBus

Post by RailwayBus »

V761 wrote: At a friends 18th party, I aquired a carton of Smirnoff double black Vodka cans... Drank all 24 of them by 1am...
LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frances

Post by Frances »

When I turned 21, two of the girls at work took me down to the pub (and quite a few of the other staff tagged along too). My memories of that day are a bit hazy (aside from the obvious, it was also quite a few years ago now) but I think I mostly had vodka and orange. Don't know how many, but however many it was was a bit too many. One of them took me down to the station to make sure I got on the train safely, although I ended up falling asleep and woke up way past my station. Dad didn't bother much about it, but my mother didn't talk to me for a couple of days afterwards.........

Return to “The Lunch Room”