What do you drink?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Brendan03
Favourite Vehicle: Not an S set.

What do you drink?

Post by Brendan03 »

This ones for the over 18's (or under 18s if you have a legal guardian or parent who allows you to consume alcohol. God I love this country.)

What do you regularly drink in terms of alcohol, What is your favorite drink or what is a drink you've had and really enjoyed in the past.

Currently I'm drinking a bottle of "Long Flat" Semillion Savignon Blanc, I also regularly drink Chardonnay, Canadian Club&Cola, Boags Draught or in Cocktails, Singapore Sling (Mmm.)

So, What's yours?
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
El Cubano
Favourite Vehicle: QR Electric Multiple Unit

Re: What do you drink?

Post by El Cubano »

Water and Water, sometimes on the rocks :)
ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

I am a non drinkers anybody offer me alcohol I to go stick it.
pakenhamtrain

Post by pakenhamtrain »

I don't put down that much but I guess it's Hahn Premium Light and Yellowglen Yellow.
Insert 200 characters as signature
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

I don't drink much, but when I feel like a beer, I prefer either Boag's Draught, or Cooper's Pale Ale.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Peter1805 wrote:I don't drink much, but when I feel like a beer, I prefer either Boag's Draught, or Cooper's Pale Ale.

Mmm, Boags draught is definetly a favorite of mine, as I listed above. CB80 and I went through a slab and a half of that one night. I've never been a pale ale fan, Coopers Sparkling Ale, on the otherhand...
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

Brendan03 wrote:
Peter1805 wrote:I don't drink much, but when I feel like a beer, I prefer either Boag's Draught, or Cooper's Pale Ale.

Mmm, Boags draught is definetly a favorite of mine, as I listed above. CB80 and I went through a slab and a half of that one night. I've never been a pale ale fan, Coopers Sparkling Ale, on the otherhand...
My days of drinking a slab-and-a-half of anything are well and truly over.

Even if it's been a really hot day, work has been a bastard, and the train home was a cattle truck, one or two would be my limit... I don't like the feelings of dehydration and and nausea that follow big drinking sessions. :wink:
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Peter1805 wrote: My days of drinking a slab-and-a-half of anything are well and truly over.

Even if it's been a really hot day, work has been a bastard, and the train home was a cattle truck, one or two would be my limit... I don't like the feelings of dehydration and and nausea that follow big drinking sessions. :wink:
Oh definetly, Admittedly, This bottle of wine is the first alcohol I've had to drink... for atleast a month and a half.

I was always of the opinion, I'll drink more if I'm having a good time with friends, If I'm having a great time, I'll end up drinking heaps.
I'm only 23 and I already feel like I'm over the hill.
Occasionally I'll go and buy a six pack from the local' and have a few... but even then, 4 later and I'm ready for bed.
MetroTasCatcher
Favourite Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria P71

Post by MetroTasCatcher »

Love Dr. Pepper, Coke, Vanilla Coke (don't give me diet or Zero sh*t!), 7UP, Cascade Premium (Sparkling apple), Pura Classic milk (any flavour)
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
tbc1983

Post by tbc1983 »

A baby harp seal goes to a pub, with the publican's back to him.

"I'll a have a drink, please", asks the baby harp seal.
"What d'ya want?" asks the publican without turning around.
"Oh, anything except Canadian Club on the Rocks!"

Cheers!
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Whatever is in the mid range, usually chosen by a friend. Don't drink VB nor red wine.

I would recommend avoiding service station meat pies late at night after drinking to anybody reading - a recent experience showed that vodka + wine + dodgy non-fresh servo pie equaled a not nice result.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

BroadGauge wrote:Whatever is in the mid range, usually chosen by a friend. Don't drink VB nor red wine.

I would recommend avoiding service station meat pies late at night after drinking to anybody reading - a recent experience showed that vodka + wine + dodgy non-fresh servo pie equaled a not nice result.
Wow, You drink now? Service station meat pies have been something I've never touched, Givvus a Kebab though!
I won't touch VB... unless I'm already trashed... and as I said before, That's not very often anymore
btw, I'm gonna say that even if you hadn't eaten that meat pie, You'd have been fairly sick.

Without going into too much detail, If you drink too much, Your stomach is going to "eject" most of its contents the next day.
tbc1983 wrote: "Oh, anything except Canadian Club on the Rocks!"
Oh god, The second I got that was the ... I don't know, I'm not sure if I was depressed or laughed by that.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

MetroTasCatcher wrote:Love Dr. Pepper, Coke, Vanilla Coke (don't give me diet or Zero sh*t!), 7UP, Cascade Premium (Sparkling apple), Pura Classic milk (any flavour)
I don't think you'd have much luck finding it down there, but if you find anywhere that sells "Tab" I do suggest you try it, It's absolutely awesome as far as Diet Colas go. I recently found a place at my local shopping centre that sells the stuff, as well as other imported american sodas. Really good shiz, btw.
MetroTasCatcher

Brendan03 wrote:
MetroTasCatcher wrote:Love Dr. Pepper, Coke, Vanilla Coke (don't give me diet or Zero sh*t!), 7UP, Cascade Premium (Sparkling apple), Pura Classic milk (any flavour)
I don't think you'd have much luck finding it down there, but if you find anywhere that sells "Tab" I do suggest you try it, It's absolutely awesome as far as Diet Colas go. I recently found a place at my local shopping centre that sells the stuff, as well as other imported american sodas. Really good shiz, btw.
Will keep an eye out. :D
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

tbc1983 wrote:A baby harp seal goes to a pub, with the publican's back to him.

"I'll a have a drink, please", asks the baby harp seal.
"What d'ya want?" asks the publican without turning around.
"Oh, anything except Canadian Club on the Rocks!"
:lol:
ben73

Post by ben73 »

Corona with lemon. The best beer. But it's gotta be cold. Once it gets warm It's crap.
Stones, which is Ginger beer with a slight taste of alcohol, Fantastic.
I like vodka, but it seams to make me too sick latly. Vodka mixed with Orange juice or lemonade, The best
Smirnoff double blacks, so good as well. Make me feel bit sick though.

That's basically all I drink.
I need to try some stuff like Whiskey and bourbon and that stuff.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Brendan03 wrote:Wow, You drink now?
I've drunk for long enough, just not heavily or regularily.
Brendan03 wrote:btw, I'm gonna say that even if you hadn't eaten that meat pie, You'd have been fairly sick.

Without going into too much detail, If you drink too much, Your stomach is going to "eject" most of its contents the next day.
I think I had all of three drinks. Of course after having both vodka and wine you feel a bit funny (I feel normal with 3 beers or something), but it's like that pie was the thing that set it off. It really sucks when a room smells like a pie you threw up for a day or two after.
GeoffreyHansen
Favourite Vehicle: Endeavour Railcar

Post by GeoffreyHansen »

I'm a non drinker. I go for the coffee instead.
STA 1440
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA B10M 1440/2405

Post by STA 1440 »

nothing like reclining in back your arm-chair with some good hard liquor! :P

Either that, or an eye-poppingly strong cup of coffee (Depending on what time of day it is :lol: )
Frances

Post by Frances »

Right now I'm having a cup of Earl Grey tea (without milk - I don't take milk in my tea or coffee).

I don't mind a wine with my meals now and then, usually a white, such as a Reisling or Verdelho or suchlike. I'm not a great fan of red wine, although I do like a nice Rosé. That said, the last wine I had with a meal was a rather strong red (it might have been a Shiraz, but I'm not sure). It was a homemade wine and whatever the alcohol content was, it must have been at least double that of a commercially produced wine. I had two glasses, but I should have just had one, although I didn't realise that soon enough. No, I wasn't sick, I was just rather unsteady on my feet and a bit too talkative.......

As for alcoholic drinks other than wine, I don't drink that often but I do rather like Sambuca (either the clear one or the black one). Kahlua and Curaçao are a couple more of my favourites.

I don't care much for beer and I don't like whisky.
Derwent

Post by Derwent »

I am in a wine club where I get a dozen bottles every 3 months, all reds with lots of Cab Sav, Shiraz, Merlot etc. Sucker for a good Pinot Noir too, but it's gotta be a good one...
Don't mind a nice Riesling or Semmilon or Pinot Blanc, Sav Blanc etc, not keen on Chardy though.

I love a good Scotch in moderation, the occaisional tipple of VSOP grade brandy in winter, don't mind the odd Ouzo either.
Vodka must be good, but then it's really good.
Bourbon is a take or leave job, not really my thing.
Gin I dislike a lot.
Southern Comfort is the most disgusting alcohol I have ever tried!
Love fruit brandy/schnapps, especially plum, although instrict moderation, that stuff is hangover city!
Tequla slammers are good if you are in full party mood, but bloody dangerous. Only done that a few times and the last time (few years back now) I woke up at 4am on the floor with my fellow Tequila drinkers also asleep in unlikely places...not good really.

I learned long ago that half a cask of rough red followed by half a bottle of cheap vodka was not a good preperation for a technical drawing class next morning...an experiment I have never repeated and never wish to!!!

In summer a good cold beer does wonders, but no rubbish.
Coopers wins big time, especially the stout, sparkling ale, and for a twice a year treat (at $30 a six pack!!!) the Extra Strong Vintage Ale is worth every cent...
Can be hard to find though...
Otherwise, don't mind Boags sometimes, and Tooheys Old is ok. Tooheys Red is dishwater bough by those who favour quantity over quality...such as my little brother!
I'd rather drink less good stuff than more rubbish.

Stone's Green Ginger Wine is a love it or hate it, and I love it.
The Stone's Mac used to be fantastic when it was a blend of Ginger Wine and Scotch Whisky, but last year they changed the recipe dropping the Scotch for pure spirit and now it just tastes like roughly turbocharged ginger wine...not worth the extra dollars.

I like to home brew my own beer, mostly stout which I ignore the instructions on the Coopers home brew kit and instead boil the hot water in a pot and add a kilo of dark malt powder extract, simmer for a while then add 10 grams of high Alpha hop pellets, like NZ Green Bullet, Nugget, or Pride of Ringwood, then turn the heat off and dissolve the wort concentrate in there, tip it in the fermenter and fill with cold water before pitching the yeast...it gives it a more malty rich flavour than using sugar, and the extra hops gives it a real lift...with a lovely bitter note that is not overdone.

I don't drink very much, and pretty much only on Friday nights if I every do have a few, but when I do I like it to be good quality stuff that I will enjoy, as it is many years since I was young and stupid enough to drink anything that would get me peeved.
yoda

Post by yoda »

MetroTasCatcher

'Nuff said, eh yoda? :lol:
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

Beer............ Cascade Light
Spirits..........Jim Beam & Cola Black
Wine............Any white
Tea.............Earl Grey
Coffee..........Don't drink
Soft Drinks....Don't drink

Water, water & more water. I try to drink 3 litres a day.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
noofnoof

Post by noofnoof »

oh lawd, kids these days... at 14 I can post in this topic.
Becks is what I drink for a social occasion, but my all time favourite for get drunk quickly in style is Glühwein...
Flickr
Noofnoof's Transport Videos

All aboard the Bo'2'Bo

Return to “The Lunch Room”