What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

Oh my Lord. When I thought Australians were a greedy lot of money grubbers. On the flip side, they like to lowball like no one else too. He won't be getting it ever.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Swift

Post by Swift »

More rude Bunnings staff. The young females are useless bludging bitches and an older guy who I asked for assistance three different times was visibly peed off the third time even though it was a legitimately needed enquiry. I'm over the grumpy rude s##ts who are employed at West Gosford Bunnings.
scott

Post by scott »

The people serving the sausages are not much better.

A house auction in our street today, sees it lined with many SUV's represented by Audi, Mercedes,Volvo and Toyota, and it shows how bad the owners are at driving, they cannot parallel park to save themselves. Hopefully the house will remain as it is and not be knocked down and turned into a mansion.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I did a count of all private passenger cars in one hour, and didn't include any commercial vehicles like taxis, vans, utes of any kind including crew cabs that can take rear passengers, trucks, motorcycles or buses. Only private personal four wheeled transport.
IMG_20210522_195440_copy_1000x564.jpg
This is the amount of crossover vehicles not including genuine four wheel drives like any Landcruisers, Pajeros or even one Range Rover (but the Evoque would have been fair game :twisted: ).
Screenshot_20210522-195124_copy_562x1000.png
Swift

Post by Swift »

Mars rovers and the same ole same ole trickle of uninteresting tidbits of finding evidence of water molecules in the dirt. I know there's much more they're not telling you!

They've been sending multiple so called rovers for around 20 years and we hear SFA considering the amount of data they must bring.
I think they're a distraction from much bigger things going on there which I why I rarely bother looking at articles related to Mars anymore.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'll never understand why the road works crew had the on ramp speed limited to 40 KMPH last night but the rest of the Highway was still 110KMPH until around 1KM down the highway where it then is speed reduced to 80 KMPH followed by 60 not long after for roadworks.

Try merging onto a 110 highway while only being allowed to do 40, that crap is dangerous.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

On that note - why is it that road crews rarely put up "END OF ROADWORK" signage with the original posted speed limit? You get pushed down to 40km/h, then it isn't clear when you should speed up again. I imagine the Police, if they wanted, could easily setup before the next normal speed limit sign and catch people speeding in a Roadworks zone...
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

That is another one that annoys me Merc1107. I'll be doing the late shift and taking the shortest & efficient way home and they'll be roadworks, fine understandable but one of two things go wrong. As you mention there is no end roadworks sign so when you can legally go back up to the full speed limit is unclear (tho most other motorists treat it that once all the cones on the road finish as well as no more roadworks signs, that you can go back up to the speed limit, how legal that is I'm not really sure). With the decision to also remove markings on mobile speed camera cars it really puts people on edge as well. Unlikely for them to set up at Roadworks but doesn't mean it's impossible.

The other thing that goes wrong is for instance Live-traffic will post that there's roadworks happening along XYZ highway but they'll be the time you check live traffic and it mentions nothing about roadworks so you think your golden & going home will be a breeze, nope you hit roadworks. Sometimes 3rd party applications (waze) will cover where LT doesn't but that's counting on motorists to make note of that, if someone who isn't using waze goes through the area of course their not going to report there's road works going on.

Oh and there's also the instance roadworks have long been completed but they leave some of their signage behind weeks after road works have been completed. There is a Suburb that comes to mind that had traffic lights put in a couple of months ago but down the bottom of the bridge they still had their "END ROADWORKS" sign. It's gone now thankfully but should've been removed at least 3 days after roadworks had finished, not weeks after.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Yeah the slackness with roadworks signage and the inconvenience it causes should be reported. The road crews tell motorists what to do enough, time to make them accountable for their (lack of) actions.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

This moron in the Hilux almost causing a crash

https://streamable.com/dxu7lf

This is from my Dashcam, I'm very lucky with not only my response time but that there was no vehicle in the left hand lane giving me a bit of wriggle room to veer to the left to avoid colliding with this dumb driver.

Looks like they were on their phone too?
Swift

Post by Swift »

How did you load that?
What an oxygen depleting result of a burst condom.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Do you mean how I avoided that?

All I can say is I was fortunate that I was paying attention to what was ahead of me and I constantly scan & judge situations. Also my internal adrenaline probably kicked in and probably helped with the somewhat fast reaction time. It felt like time slowed down by a lengthy period.

The speed limit in that clip is 80 in that area, I was doing 75 - 76 KMPH according to my DC, If I was possibly doing the full 80 I probably would've most likely collided with this driver, thank goodness there was no rain either but I usually drop a few K's when it's raining just to be on the safe side.

Peeved off enough as it is as it's enough to throw anyone off for the rest of the day / night but I'll move on, nothing much that can be done but I have sent the clip to good old Dash Cam Owners Australia so you may see it on there soon.
Swift

Post by Swift »

How did you load the vision to that link?

Can't stand useless buggers like that who give away their thoughtless outlook on others.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

You might need to use Chrome or Firefox, I'm using chrome and the video plays fine for me.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Channel Nine offering a similar thing to Seven instead of a real alternative as a choice.
Cases in point after Seven runs The Chase in the afternoon successfully for years now Nine puts on Tipping Point another British game show in the same hour.
Seven brings back a late night news bulletin and now Nine has one too. None had it before.

So much for private companies being competitive.
scott

Post by scott »

Victoria in lockdown....again

Hopefully it will be just a week.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Did you hear too Scott? People were already back to panic buying for the five millionth time, I'll of course let you guess what was on top of the panic buyers shopping list.
scott

Post by scott »

Toilet paper.

I saw some people fill trolleys with slabs of soft drink yesterday at Coles at Box Hill Central, saw the odd trolley full of toilet paper too.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:10 am Did you hear too Scott? People were already back to panic buying for the five millionth time, I'll of course let you guess what was on top of the panic buyers shopping list.
Sh#t eh !
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Now I start to wonder if people are really panic buying toilet paper just for the joke, I'm sure many people have been informed that there will be plenty of stock to buy as Australia produces enough food for 75 million people.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I really dislike a lot of the TV stations use of "Breaking news", breaking news to me would I guess be a life or death or urgent situation that gets the up most priority over the other regular news stories. I know we love our sports here but a Cricketer being released from Hotel Quarantine is NOT BREAKING NEWS CHANNEL 9. I'm sure Australia's most beloved tree could fall down tomorrow and the TV Stations would still declare that a breaking news story.

Really dislike those stupid "Voice to text" answering machines some people have, it's 2021 why are these even a thing? Half the time the recipient gets a jumbled message because the VTT is garbage at understanding what is being said.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

scott wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:10 am Toilet paper.

I saw some people fill trolleys with slabs of soft drink yesterday at Coles at Box Hill Central, saw the odd trolley full of toilet paper too.
Their loss, I can't think of a worse supermarket to get slabs of Coke from, even the 40% off special ($18 or $19 for a 30 pack) is still too much for soft drinks. That said, when Coles or Woolworths drop a 24 pack of Pepsi to $10.50 once in a blue moon it's hard to beat. Otherwise, it's Costco for the 36 packs (or rarely Aldi, but the odds of Aldi stocking 36s is about the same as KFC having Hot 'n' Spicy, they have 30s all year round to compete with Colesworths but without the huge price fluctuations - unfortunately Aldi's $21 for 30 cans is more than the Colesworths 40% off, so Aldi never shifts them unless both rivals are simultaneously ripping people off at $38 or whatever they hike them to).

What doesn't give me the s&#ts however is that I'm sort of lucky with the lockdown, I have literally everything I need within my 5km radius (I don't even need Costco, they aren't anywhere near as cheap as what you'd expect a bulk retailer to be, and you have to add the yearly Costco membership tax to it as well - Aldi matches their price with the 36 Cokes when they're in stock; at one stage Aldi was actually cheaper, $21.99 vs. $22.50 or something).

Back to things giving me the s&#ts, I'm still p155ed off that Hungry Jack's at Heatherdale closed down and got demolished, for my HJs fix I have to put up with a 20 minute walk to the Shell/Coles Express opposite the former (and also demolished) Daiseys site, but that HJs has since dropped back to 11PM after being 24 hours for decades so I can't even go there after midnight now (I'm a night owl, so my 1AM is most people's 6PM). Yes, Maccas is still 24 hours here but it's the last place I'd consider buying a burger, and the self-serve things put me off going there anyway (especially when deleting unwanted crap (e.g. pickles) from a burger, adding extra salt to fries since Maccas fries usually taste disgusting unless they're 10 seconds out of the deep fryer, and making sure I get more than 300mL worth of Coke (e.g. no ice) when they're charging nearly $5 for a "large" that is about 3/5 of a 600mL bottle), the interface is a colossal PITA to use and the machines can't even take cash. The almost complete lack of service combined with the price hikes over the past decade (the same meal that was $7.95 when Maccas Ringwood opened in 2012 is now over $13 in 2021, yet a large Coke has only gone up a dollar in the same amount of time) makes me not want to step foot in a Maccas.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I have also noticed the staff at my local Maccas are not as well mannered as they were even a year ago.
That is a sign they're overworked or under new management.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Swift wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:46 am More rude Bunnings staff. The young females are useless.
Only some. Some have been helpful.

• Okay Mr Passenger & Miss/Mrs Passengers, cover ya mouth when you cough, especially when you're behind other passengers.

• And again Mrs Motorist, how many times are you going to park either in a bus stop or too close to a bus stop during school zone hours. We almost tripped because of her, as the bus driver had to stop with half the bus out in the road, blocking traffic behind the driver.

• Bus drivers stop changing destinations to "NOT IN SERVICE" the stop(s) before the terminating point and stop parking away from the bus stop of the second last bus stop.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:03 pm • Bus drivers stop changing destinations to "NOT IN SERVICE" the stop(s) before the terminating point
Please direct your frustration of this point to the mindless bus stop philosophers who don't read the destination board and attempt to board a bus that's about to terminate, only to throw a tantrum fit when they see that they've joined the wrong bus. If people bothered to read the rest of the destos other than just the route number, the bus drivers wouldn't need to change it to N.I.S. early.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.

Return to “The Lunch Room”