What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Heihachi_73

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Heihachi_73 »

A lot of Gumtree sellers are also eBay sellers or former eBay sellers who didn't want to join the Managed Payments (Adyen) platform because they wanted to keep their money in PayPal instead of the bank (prying eyes and all).

Loud passengers? Just put a heavy metal CD in (do buses have CD players? Do cars even have CD players in this day and age?) and crank it until you can't hear them. Or hope something decent is on the radio, but good luck with that. If it's teenagers making noise, try some 60s music like Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, the Beach Boys etc., they'll run for the nearest door in a heartbeat because it doesn't sound like T-Pain or Chris Brown or (insert female pop singer here because I don't have the slightest clue).
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The Mcdonalds I went to last night, the founders would be rolling over in their graves seeing their brand tarnished by Franchises that do very minimal to care.

Let's see what went wrong here;

- They have no cash registers except for the one at the McCafe which was unstaffed when I went there last night (not that I was getting anything there but you'll see why)

- They have 8 self service Kiosks, only three were working but 1 of the 3's eftpos terminal was borked (not turned on so it couldn't accept electronic payment). One had an "Out of service" sign on the screen, the rest were frozen on a broken white screen. The other two I said were working fine but it a PIA.

- The Kiosks are always out of receipt paper (Their too lazy to restock them, Every Mcd's I go to has this problem)

- Mcdonalds general flaw, The SSK's (Self Serve Kiosk) may say your order is 01 but in reality when they call your order it's actually 101, How I was suppose to know that Is beyond me, 101 and 01 are not the same number. They just say "101" they don't even say what you ordered which KFC does. I don't want to be the poor person taking 101's order away if my order was 01.

- No Employees check to see if an order has been claimed

- They claim that the majority of their Kiosks are closed because "SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES" but there is zilch signage to be seen that they've closed them for said reason. I'm not a Mind Reader Mcdonalds, signpost that, it's not hard.

- They literally have a screen in their kitchen I could see from the waiting area that says "KIOSK XYZ IS OUT OF PAPER" yet until you point that out no one does anything about it. It could be left empty for the next 6 hours and no one working there would have done anything about it.

- My friend has been to the same Mcdonalds, My Family has been to the same Mcdonalds and it's never been a pleasant experience.

- Still didn't give me a receipt after I told them the Kiosk I used was out of paper.

Only reason I stopped here was because it was close to my worksite, only reason I went inside was I didn't have time to sit at the drive-thru with the amount of cars as I had to be heading to work after I got my meal. I guess in a way it serves me right but do they have a lot that needs improving.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Lodge a complaint. There are likely to be a number of KPIs franchises must satisfy in order to stay in business. A relative of mine that worked at HJ's (yes, I know, a completely different world) indicated that drive-through services times were one such KPI. That a franchise is operating in such a way that a Customer can't even place an order (easily) and contribute to the growth of the McDonald's Empire is not likely to be viewed in a favourable light.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I probably should but it would fall on death ears, if this Mcdonalds has been operating like this for that long, nothing will change.

Also re: Social Distancing, I know this has been heard about before but I've been to other Mcdonalds when social distancing measures have been in place and never have any of the Kiosks been closed off, not one. If they wanted to close them off that's fine, signpost it as I said. Disagree or agree, it is wrong to only have these ordering kiosks as your main ordering system but then close a majority of them off and not advise customers their closed. I understand Mcdonalds isn't in the IT Business but as these have become their main way of getting customers to place orders and they've taken cashier registers out, they need to do better.

They wouldn't refund me either after my food had been left to go cold because of their hopelessness so they made a fresh batch up, still doesn't solve a majority of the issues above.

The way the manager spoke to me after I said I was appalled with the way things were wasn't nice, if their responsible for letting the place run like it was last night then no wonder when you look up the reviews a majority of them are two stars or lower.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

As a former manager at McDonald’s, let me try and explain what may have happened here
ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:37 am - They have no cash registers except for the one at the McCafe which was unstaffed when I went there last night (not that I was getting anything there but you'll see why)
The cash registers will be hidden behind behind the counter bench- a directive from global to increase kiosk usage in 2019. Generally if you ask they can serve you there
- They have 8 self service Kiosks, only three were working but 1 of the 3's eftpos terminal was borked (not turned on so it couldn't accept electronic payment). One had an "Out of service" sign on the screen, the rest were frozen on a broken white screen. The other two I said were working fine but it a PIA.
From my personal experience, those kiosks were the least reliable things in the store. Yes, this store may have been ignoring them. But they could also be waiting for a tech to come and fix
- The Kiosks are always out of receipt paper (Their too lazy to restock them, Every Mcd's I go to has this problem)
Again, sometimes even after the receipt paper is replaced it still won’t work and will throw the error
- Mcdonalds general flaw, The SSK's (Self Serve Kiosk) may say your order is 01 but in reality when they call your order it's actually 101, How I was suppose to know that Is beyond me, 101 and 01 are not the same number. They just say "101" they don't even say what you ordered which KFC does. I don't want to be the poor person taking 101's order away if my order was 01.
I always thought this was moronic as well
No Employees check to see if an order has been claimed
General slackness, or the “I’ve called it out so it’s not my problem anymore”
- They claim that the majority of their Kiosks are closed because "SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES" but there is zilch signage to be seen that they've closed them for said reason. I'm not a Mind Reader Mcdonalds, signpost that, it's not hard.
I can only assume the original signage was damaged and not replaced- I remember putting that signage up at the beginning of Covid.
- They literally have a screen in their kitchen I could see from the waiting area that says "KIOSK XYZ IS OUT OF PAPER" yet until you point that out no one does anything about it. It could be left empty for the next 6 hours and no one working there would have done anything about it.
Again, sometimes even after ours replaced the error will show
My friend has been to the same Mcdonalds, My Family has been to the same Mcdonalds and it's never been a pleasant experience.

- Still didn't give me a receipt after I told them the Kiosk I used was out of paper.

Only reason I stopped here was because it was close to my worksite, only reason I went inside was I didn't have time to sit at the drive-thru with the amount of cars as I had to be heading to work after I got my meal. I guess in a way it serves me right but do they have a lot that needs improving.
Complaining to the manager on shift will unfortunately achieve very little. Overworked, stressed, underpaid for the job they do (generally speaking) means they won’t really care.

However....
I’d definitely be putting a complaint in (preferably from the website). A receipt should always be reprinted if someone asks.

A complaint via the head office number or website will give a stat on a National complaint scorecard. And if they don’t contact you within 5 days, it goes red. Don’t use the mymaccas app as it will go through a different channel.

Interestingly, I always found franchisee stores to be better run than corperate stores

I agree with your point regarding better kiosks- from the very early days of them there were complaints from staff, customers, and store owners about how bad they were
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Dear local papers, I don't really believe it's fair to restrict a "Have your say" (Letter to the editor) article behind a paywall. So what your doing is unless people subscribe to your paper, their not entitled to a say?

People may see this differently and go "Well their entitled to do as they please, their a businesses". So your fine with the media excluding those who don't subscribe to them from having a say? Regardless of whether you subscribe or not you are 100% entitled to a voice, opinion. To exclude those because they don't pay for a subscription is silly. One day it's going to cost to have an opinion and no one will want to listen to you unless you want to chip in $2.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I don't know about the s##ts but it annoys me how Hyundai tout their cars as though the gadgets in them are exclusive innovationsto to their cars when they aren't the first to have them.
Why aren't the other makers bombarding Australian consumers with feverish advertising like Hyundai and Kia.
Samsung are the same. Relentless. Are these Korean corporations compensating a little bit?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

The vultures and their stands at shopping centres. One cannot visit to do their shopping without being harassed to sign up for this, give to that. It's very much like the comedic interpretation on the movie 'Flying High'.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Believe it or not, majority of the money doesn't go to the causes their "promoting" about. Just goes to fill the head of the organisations pockets. Pretty sure most of those people in the shopping centres doing that job are on commission and don't get paid diddly squat if there's no sales.

They also don't take one off payments, it's "Credit card this" / "we only accept reoccurring monthly payments". Huge red flags in my book whether their legitimate or not. A charity shouldn't be imposing all of these restrictions, you just turn people off and then your cause doesn't get any funding. I'd be more inclined to donate if I could see exactly where my money is going & it's one off (I'll donate when I feel like).

I could go on forever and ever about these people, they do nothing good, their salespeople at this point but I suppose I'll leave it here unless further discussion warrants it.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

My thoughts, too. Some time ago I asked one of the vultures if they have a leaflet I could take home with me to peruse and look more into what they do. I got a very curt response along the lines of, "No, we don't give those out, we only take signups in person!". So I went on my way.

The problem I have is, if someone says "Hello", it seems impolite not to respond (we'll gloss over the bit where I dislike telling people to get stuffed!)... And that's their predominate means of attack.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Their always set up in the worst places imaginable, sometimes it's on the direction that takes you to Woolworths and you can't get to Woolworths without going past this mob.

The worst would be those "WIN A CAR" mobs. They show off a very nice luxury car, could be a Telsla, BMW, whatever. While I don't have any evidence to go on here, I have read about how those are literally data harvesting mobs (remember personal information is everything to companies in this day and age and they strive to profit off of it). They'll sell your details off to other mobs and you'll essentially get hounded to death with telemarketing crap. If you really think you can go ahead and win then use a burner number or something if your so inclined to enter that way your real personal number isn't getting 50 calls an hour.

I've never heard of anyone winning those cars either. You'd think it would make the paper or something. They've been doing it for years with different cars and I've not heard anything.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Shopping centre management have a lot to answer for.
I think it's a disgusting practise and am glad to finally read about it.
It also happens at railway stations and other public spaces. I think I'm simply going to be up front with them. It's the only way to fight back against these scammers and their shameless ambush tactics.
It should be illegal or much more tightly controlled.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:37 am The Mcdonalds I went to last night, the founders would be rolling over in their graves seeing their brand tarnished by Franchises that do very minimal to care.

Let's see what went wrong here;

- They have no cash registers except for the one at the McCafe which was unstaffed when I went there last night (not that I was getting anything there but you'll see why)

- No Employees check to see if an order has been claimed

- My friend has been to the same Mcdonalds, My Family has been to the same Mcdonalds and it's never been a pleasant experience.

Precisely the reason I avoid Maccas like the plague these days. Used to be a happy customer right up until the early 2010s (the Create Your Taste menu coincided with some nasty price hikes which made for a disincentive to go there); the "registers are closed, use the self-serve machines/mobile app" attitude became the last straw. May as well buy the buns, cheese and patties (and if you absolutely need it, the onion pieces, tomato sauce, and that stupid pickled cucumber/zucchini or whatever it is that every single person throws out) and make them yourself for a tenth of the price if they're going to charge over the moon for a cheeseburger and not even going to provide proper service. The only thing Maccas is useful for these days are the toilets and the Monopoly period - during the latter I get to go on a mini Clean Up Australia Day spree and come home with dozens of instant wins in the process (courtesy of people leaving Maccas rubbish everywhere and not peeling anything), having not spent a single cent inside McDonald's itself.

Hungry Jack's wins hands down these days. I live a five minute walk from Maccas but I walk over a kilometre to go to HJs instead (it's annoying that the Ringwood aka Heatherdale restaurant closed down after nearly 30 years, but at least there's still a Shell/Coles servo with a "24 hour" HJs that hasn't been 24 hours since COVID-19 became a thing).
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

"The burgers are better at Hungry Jacks." Fair dinkum. And they're not the size of a KFC popcorn chicken either. Meanwhile, Maccas and their "not-as-'Big'-as-advertised Mac"

In response to the discussion about the 'chuggers'... enter Dandenong Station; Foster St entrance. It's on the Platform 3 side, and I need to get to Platforms 1/2 to get an inbound train so I can get to Spencer Street.
Two choices:
1. Enter directly on the footbridge where a gang of four of those 'emotional' guilt-fueling animal-welfare-funding chuggers are crowding the bottom of said footbridge and go airborne like I'm taking a mark to get through them.
2. Cough up an additional minute or two to divert my walk via the bus interchange, end up on the platform 3 concourse and climb the stairs to the main concourse to get across to P1/2
Even at the point where I end up in the 90s, all sorts of health problems, I'm crippling and my legs are hurting, I will still go for option 2 without a second thought.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Rule of thumb

If they insist the following;

You must sign up to monthly (Or any other form of ongoing) donations to donate

They say they are unable to accept your one off donation.

You must hand over personal information to donate (Name, address, phone number etc)

They only take electronic forms of payment for donations

They're not a charity, case closed.

As I've already stated, there is no reason for a legitimate charity to have all these hurdles in the way of people wanting to donate. What your giving money to instead is some pencil pushers in an office who then take a majority of the cut while then leaving as little as possible to go to the cause and that's if it even reaches them.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ well said bravo.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Agree 100% with your comments ScaniaGrenda.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Today it's my internet connection, it's been literal dial-up speeds since I've woken up at 8 this morning and I've spent the day self-diagnosing what on earth is causing it.

So far I haven't been able to pin anything down, disconnecting devices, turning off the gateway, changing cables, changing DNS on devices has done nothing to resolve it.

Looking up my ISP's outages shows no outages reported in my area, while I can still connect to the internet it's very slow.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/11070812683 < Just taken a moment ago, wired Ethernet connection.

Was fine before I went off to bed last night.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

That sounds more like the result of hitting a bandwidth cap. Or maybe a flooded pit?
Swift

Post by Swift »

Seeing police training at the Goulburn academy on the news with the last people who should be recruited.
Small women and one overweight bloke. At least he was reasonably tall and big.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

@Merc1107

I got home from work and whatever it was has fixed it self after all these hours. *sigh*, I seriously still don't know what the problem is or was.

I have Fiber Optic directly to my residence (Yes the real deal, none of that Copper BS) so even if flooding was to get into the telecommunications pit outside it wouldn't have an impact on the connection.

That is also why you don't build a telecommunications network in the 21st century on Copper, it goes to ditch (I think you know what I really want to say) when water gets into the ducts. Fibre... no way it'll keep on running.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Hardly ever go to maccas but the grandkids wanted to go got our meals mine arrived the BIG MAC was cold I SAID TO THE GIRL THE MEAT IS COLD she snached it back AND SAID MOVE OVER TO THE PARKING SPACE i said NO i'll wait here then watched as they took the meat off put new ones on handed them back I SAID I'M NOT TAKING THAT GET THE MANGER this young guy said I CAN SEE NOTHING WRONG TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED HE JUST SHUGGED HIS SHOULDERS it was all on camera SO WENT TO THE LOCAL COUNCIL SAW THEIR HEALTH OFFICER &y SAID WOULD YOU EXCEPT THAT IN THE COVA-19 STAGE so they went to the store and the store was given 4 notices for health reasons .......................latter i RECEIVED A CALL FROM THEIR HEAD OFFICE OFFERING ME A $50 VOUCHER i said no thank you have sent the film to a currant affair and I'M TO BE A WITNESS AT THE LOCAL COURT HOUSE FOR THE HEALTH INSPECTOR so ALL i kept getting is urgent phone calls from their head office & I'VE BLOOKED THEM ON LINE they picked the wrong guy to deal with.
:D
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Swift

Post by Swift »

The young females at the Woy Woy store are very stuck up acting and some clearly think the job is beneath them.
I figure they do it because a stint at McDowell's is good on their future resume.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Looks good? It's only in the same league as a Bachelor's in IT or some other overly-common qualification
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Finding out from an Employee (and I mean 1 Employee) that I'm able to claim kilometers between worksites and get reimbursed for fuel costs on my personal vehicle.

Why I'm mad is everyone else pretty much knows I drive a car but no one except one person bothered to inform me the company should be reimbursing me for K's between worksites. I only started this Job Late-ish last year. The employee sounded shocked when I told her no one else has informed about that and that their the only one to inform me.

I've logged one trip the other week, the rest are way too late as it requires dates (no a problem as I can look back on my Calendar) but also the vehicle current odometer from when you leave the 1st worksite to when you arrive at the 2nd and let's just say it's a bit late to be working that out. Now in the future I'll be a lot more carful and make sure to note K's between sites if they've got me going to different shifts throughout the day as fuel isn't cheap.

Return to “The Lunch Room”