What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

scott

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by scott »

Swift wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:29 pm I have also noticed the staff at my local Maccas are not as well mannered as they were even a year ago.
I have noticed that too, my regular Maccas, since the beginning of the year, may of had a reshuffle as the one very good staff member is not there very often(she was a manager and appeared to be aged in her early to mid 20's), some of the newer ones are a little on the rude side and one in particular is quite abrasive and was not at all happy when I produced to Maccas app code to redeem an offer, but there a couple there that are still good and remember my choice of coffee.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I know your probably talking about managers there but looks like some MCD's are in Strife for denying paid rest & drink breaks which could probably paints the picture why employee morale is so low.

https://insideretail.com.au/business/th ... ons-202105

Add to that probably a bunch of other things that just make the employees unhappy in general and why eventually they get burnt out, dealing with abusive & crap customers, management not taking matters seriously, perhaps even going as far as management picking favorites and giving more hours to person x instead of person Y and that will of course bring happiness down, employees will still be coming in for one thing and one thing only, to keep their income coming in, not because they want to work there.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

+ That the other day, the same driver allowed an aboringal to board a bus without an Opal card (he does that all the time), yet refused travel to two men at another stop, plus refused travel to two girls (possibly late teens) at yet another stop.

I can understand about not having an Opal card, but why did he allow him to board without an Opal card, but not the others?

And again the drivers allow the same people on without an Opal card. They refuse to get one, saying similar to "WHERE not going to pay our fare."

+ And again to those passengers, cover ya mouths when ya cough.
+ Drivers that park in bus stops/bus zones, although they've had parking rangers patrol the stops. (That seems to be working for the most part.)
+ A sporting team and /or the spectators parking in bus stops/zones. They believe they have a right to set down in a bus stop/zone.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Who cops the blame if a driver gets assaulted, or the bus damaged over a ticket? If revenue is important to the Government, they will organise blitzes.

In relation to rude staff - had a Gloria Jeans cafe worker who was texting on their phone as they took my order. It was like my order of a boring flat white was such an inconvenience to their day. Won't be going there again!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Seeing a truck driver yesterday who was in the far left lane at an intersection decide at the last section he wanted to make a right turn & cut off a bunch of traffic including going through a red light himself.

I have dashcam footage but may or may not post it depending if I can be bothered too or not.

Also having to be up for an early meeting after doing a late night shift :( . I'd love to catch up on more sleep but people aren't very flexible these days apparently.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:53 am Seeing a truck driver yesterday who was in the far left lane at an intersection decide at the last section he wanted to make a right turn & cut off a bunch of traffic including going through a red light himself.
There's lots of people pulling that crap of late. It's like all manners have just been discarded. Such worthless cockroaches in human like form.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Posting a reply on Railpage, only to be greeted with an outage page two minutes later at 10:30 at night and losing the text. I really should know better to Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C before clicking the button...
Railpage Australia wrote:Automated outage to alleviate high server load, service will be returned when server load falls below outage threshold.

Sorry, but Railpage Australia™ is currently unavailable.

Railpage Networks apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please try visiting again later.
Good thing the Railpage Replacement Buses are right here!
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

+ Just how many more times do you have to say can you please cover your mouth when you cough.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Of course the one weekend there's a car show on around here it's going to be pouring rain :(
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 pm Of course the one weekend there's a car show on around here it's going to be pouring rain :(
Always the way - I was at the recent Brisbane Truck Show and was watching the bump-in for the South Bank Truck Festival and it intermittently rained both days!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Swift

Post by Swift »

What about washing on the line or when you're working on something outside or painting something?!!
Swift

Post by Swift »

The Apple Ipad campaign on tv imported from America with insipid millennial Americans singing that Disney-esque song. Does Apple think we will relate as though we're all Californians here?? We are totally different to you Americans.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I've lost count now with how many times Livetraffic NSW fails to advise motorists roadworks will be taking place. I'm happy for roadworks to be done but motorists need to be advised of it. I'm sick of heading home after my late night shift only to find half way along the route Roadworks are occurring and they've closed a lane off and dropped the speed from 80 to 40.

Do I need to repeat my rant from months ago about the lack of Roadworks ahead and End Roadworks signs too? That is still sadly occurring.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Swift wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:46 pm The Apple Ipad campaign on tv imported from America with insipid millennial Americans singing that Disney-esque song. Does Apple think we will relate as though we're all Californians here?? We are totally different to you Americans.
Apple, enough said.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Petrol prices again ! At the start of the week the price of e10 unleaded in Katoomba (BP & W'ths) shot up to 179.9 per litre.
Today, with the re-emergence of lockdowns etc in Sydney, it's suddenly dropped to 137.7 (where it should have been all the time).
What lowlifes these petrol stations operators are !!!
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I have to ask (and I mean no offence) but what is with all of the cyclists that have a stick up their backside and are too lazy to use their bell to warn people when they are approaching?

Not only are bikes pretty silent (and with other background ambient noise you wouldn't hear them approaching until the last second) but they whizz past pretty fast with no warning. I've lost count the amount of times I've almost seen a collision between the two (oncoming cyclist vs person walking) because they fail to warn people their approaching. It's a simple thing that would take less than 5 seconds to do and is no different to using an indicator in your vehicle.

Go figure the same cyclists are also the same ones riding on the road and ignoring traffic signals like stop signs and traffic lights and then when they get involved in an accident their the first to complain.
Transport Buff
Favourite Vehicle: R9 Volvo Volgren artic

Post by Transport Buff »

RIP School holidays.
Lockdown again.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/nsw-c ... a45af91fd1
We were doing so well...
Let's hope the lockdown doesn't get extended more than this 2 week period. Don't want lockdown to affect schools, universities etc.
Nothing much we can do, except 'watch this space', and hope for the best. :)
Love Volvo B12BLEA, Mercedes O405NH, Scania K310UB, Custom Denning Element
Excited for:
-Sydney Metro C&SW, West, WSydAirport
-NIF
-PLR
-WestConnex
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@TransportBuff
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm not even in the lockdown zone but that hasn't stopped people from doing the 10 thousandth rush to the shops to hoard TP. :(
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 pm I'm not even in the lockdown zone but that hasn't stopped people from doing the 10 thousandth rush to the shops to hoard TP. :(
I feel like people are now hoarding it just for the joke, We've been informed more than enough that there will be plenty at the shops if we just buy what we need.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Swift

Post by Swift »

The thoughtless masses will feel compelled to buy toilet paper needlessly from fear of others doing the same as them! The phenomenon is self generating.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Give me an alarm when the next shutdown on the Banko line that involves TSA and CDC is and when I can go out and take some bus photos during actually breathable temperatures (i.e. not in summer) since I've just had those plans for the next two weeks mercilessly wrecked, partly from the Waverley cluster and the limo driver, but particularly (for my side of the town) thanks to those Liverpudlian pr!cks that had that birthday party. Yep; the same district as Casula, Carnes Hill and all those other suburbs who've had a history of either COVID or the classic I-don't-give-a-stuff-righteousness class of non compliance.
They can seriously get stuffed.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

They can eat dog turds!
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Just "borrow" a Daily Telegraph from Maccas, that will supply you with enough toilet paper for a month.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I really despise the NSW Governments decision to "Limit" the face masks being only mandatory from Central Coast onwards, It should be extended all the way up to Newcastle and even way beyond that including on Public Transport up here. My reason is for example if you have the virus and aren't getting off until Newcastle, the Virus isn't going to suddenly eradicate itself once you reach the Central Coast. At least stores are having the common sense to fill in the gaps where the Government fails to do so and are saying you must wear a mask in store.

Sad to see a majority of Bus Drivers here not wearing them, especially as they are in customer facing roles and given the higher chance for them to be exposed to it.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Do remember, a mask isn't so much for oneself as it is to (try) and capture the droplets that spread to others.

Return to “The Lunch Room”