What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

scott

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by scott »

On my bus trip in this morning, there was a mother and five children aged from about 10-11 down to about 3, they were just the pits, one of them used the wheelchair seats like a bed and refused to sit up properly and take his feet off the seats, and the other four buggers were swearing like sailors and fighting, when they got off we all sighed relief, the driver said he is relieved that the school holidays were coming to an end.

The mother was just letting them fight and had absolutely no control of them at all. Too busy on her phone swearing at what appeared to be her boyfriend.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The towns local paper website, unfortunately just about everything good about it went out the door a few years ago from having great stories about what people in the community have done to covering crime news in the area and publishing stories frequently. Now they no longer do any of that and instead just about paywall everything including "Have your say" and the "What's on in your town this weekend" articles (Which in my opinion should be free) everyone talks about promoting community events and getting tourism here but then we just find ways to limit the spread of said information so virtually no one knows about it (unless by word of mouth or are a subscriber) and then it's moaned how attendance was small and how it could've been promoted better.

Now I literally had to find out a Heritage train was making it's way through town via a friend who even has no interest in trains because the paper just hides what's happening behind a paywall now and because of that I have no clue what is going on. Sure there's probably other channels you may argue but their not as well advertised and may require some digging to come across which most people aren't really going to be bothered to do.

Really has hit rock bottom. Years ago when the paper was still at the highest point I might've considered subscribing but now days I just can't support it, no not what they do to not only block people from having a say but finding out about events. I'm appalled.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Post by busdriver12 »

scott wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:02 pm On my bus trip in this morning, there was a mother and five children aged from about 10-11 down to about 3, they were just the pits, one of them used the wheelchair seats like a bed and refused to sit up properly and take his feet off the seats, and the other four buggers were swearing like sailors and fighting, when they got off we all sighed relief, the driver said he is relieved that the school holidays were coming to an end.

The mother was just letting them fight and had absolutely no control of them at all. Too busy on her phone swearing at what appeared to be her boyfriend.
Sounds like an average trip in Armadale (WA) :wink:
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

busdriver12 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:15 pm
scott wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:02 pm On my bus trip in this morning, there was a mother and five children aged from about 10-11 down to about 3, they were just the pits, one of them used the wheelchair seats like a bed and refused to sit up properly and take his feet off the seats, and the other four buggers were swearing like sailors and fighting, when they got off we all sighed relief, the driver said he is relieved that the school holidays were coming to an end.

Sounds like an average trip in Armadale (WA) :wink:
... and in parts of Australia, it would be considered a very pleasant journey if that was the worst thing that happened! :shock:
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

When I was driving buses and they were loud on their mobiles I used to turn up the 2 -way full blast for about 15 mins .................they soon got the hint if they did it again would leave it on full trip. IF THEY COMPLAINED told them I HAD NO CONTROL OVER IT!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Anything to get them to show some decorum.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 pm The towns local paper website, unfortunately just about everything good about it went out the door a few years ago from having great stories about what people in the community have done to covering crime news in the area and publishing stories frequently. Now they no longer do any of that and instead just about paywall everything including "Have your say" and the "What's on in your town this weekend" articles (Which in my opinion should be free) everyone talks about promoting community events and getting tourism here but then we just find ways to limit the spread of said information so virtually no one knows about it (unless by word of mouth or are a subscriber) and then it's moaned how attendance was small and how it could've been promoted better. Now I literally had to find out a Heritage train was making it's way through town via a friend who even has no interest in trains because the paper just hides what's happening behind a paywall now and because of that I have no clue what is going on. Sure there's probably other channels you may argue but their not as well advertised and may require some digging to come across which most people aren't really going to be bothered to do. Really has hit rock bottom. Years ago when the paper was still at the highest point I might've considered subscribing but now days I just can't support it, no not what they do to not only block people from having a say but finding out about events. I'm appalled.
With you there - I cannot read my local paper (another Australian Community Media publication like your paper) online without subscribing so I just subscribed..... but then again, I get my news from other sources (read: Facebook!)
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

huppypuppy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 pm
ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 pm The towns local paper website, unfortunately just about everything good about it went out the door a few years ago from having great stories about what people in the community have done to covering crime news in the area and publishing stories frequently. Now they no longer do any of that and instead just about paywall everything including "Have your say" and the "What's on in your town this weekend" articles (Which in my opinion should be free) everyone talks about promoting community events and getting tourism here but then we just find ways to limit the spread of said information so virtually no one knows about it (unless by word of mouth or are a subscriber) and then it's moaned how attendance was small and how it could've been promoted better. Now I literally had to find out a Heritage train was making its way through town via a friend who even has no interest in trains because the paper just hides what's happening behind a paywall now and because of that I have no clue what is going on. Sure there are probably other channels you may argue but their not as well advertised and may require some digging to come across which most people aren't really going to be bothered to do. Really has hit rock bottom. Years ago when the paper was still at the highest point I might've considered subscribing but now days I just can't support it, no not what they do to not only block people from having a say but finding out about events. I'm appalled.
With you there - I cannot read my local paper (another Australian Community Media publication like your paper) online without subscribing so I just subscribed..... but then again, I get my news from other sources (read: Facebook!)
You could still be (somewhat) informed but unfortunately you only really get the headline and a paragraph, you wouldn't really fully understand what the articles about as basically A lot of local newspapers have been bought by the Larger corporations (e.g. News corp, 7, 9 and 10) Most local newspapers (including the local one where I live) is paywalled but fortunately, with the school I go to in Wodonga, I have unlimited access.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Swift

Post by Swift »

Anyone who relies on newsbuzzr for their news won't be very informed.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

I'm absolutely angry with my local council - the way the other councillors have treated the mayor (who is still in hospital after trying to take his life) is absolutely unforgivable. They bullied and harassed him yet they claim he has done the very thing they have done to him.....

Dubbo Regional Council has a strict anti-bullying and harassment policy - where is this when six councillors continuously harass and bully the mayor to resign from council? They all should be ashamed of themselves..... we have our local government elections (that were suspended last year due to Covid-19) coming up in September. Let's hope these dimwitted councillors get voted out!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I was going to say the last place I'd be getting news from is what's posted on Facebook or social media. We're in a time where misinformation & propaganda is at it's highest and just about every time misinformation starts making the rounds it always links back to Facebook in one way or another... funny about that ain't it?

Some random no name news organisation could say tomorrow that the cure for cancer has been found or COVID is no more in China and people would be silly enough to fall for it and not second question it because surely news organisations have done their research and could never be wrong right? Well if their wrong they won't admit guilt, just sweep it under the rug and stay silent.

Once stuff is shared on social media, it doesn't take much to then spread like wildfire and then what happens is people start accepting misinformation as fact and when it actually comes to correcting people with the real facts (the actual real news, not the fake nonsense) they don't want to listen to you at all. This is why and still to this day we have serious issues like the anti-maskers & beliefs vaccines cause autism all because some whack jobs think their better than the millions of professors, doctors, scientists who spent years studying at university to actually know how the human mind & body works. It's a huge slap in the face to them when society choses to believe some no-name person on Facebook over a professor with 10 years in the field and numerous degrees to their name.

We can fix this, it's easy as 1.2.3

Simple

it is called: Stop eating up (Not real names or people, just stuff to add to what I'm saying) what Peter Brown or Petra-Ann-Davis on Facebook or anywhere else in general feeds you, they do not hold a qualification to their name, they have never spent a day, a week, month or years in said field. The only nonsense they have to go on is misinformation. They do not care. It takes less than a 5 minute search to know these people / figures are a load of hogwash & not to be trusted but unfortunately society still believes it anyway.

When we chose to believe these people over legitimate doctors and scientists I really want to shake my head in disgust, real hard, it disappoints me we ignore what is right in front of us (the facts, the verified sources) and instead chose to believe this nobody no one even knows (and could be using a fake identity) instead. I understand we don't live in a perfect world and may never will but these are some very easy problems that can easily be fixed and doesn't take much effort to do so.

Anyway that is my rant on the misinformation. Ignore it, read it, like it, people are entitled to their opinion and I can respect it as long as it isn't something against the law, forbidden, misinformation etc. I just wanted to really point out the last place anyone should be getting news from is Facebook.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Our whole news system has lost its direction.

I remember going to Sky News 20 years or more ago and they gave us the news of what happened WITHOUT the presenter imposing their personal opinion on it. Now all all we get is the personal opinion of the presenter.

And that is not confined ro Sky News.
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Fleet-lists has a point and I'm not a Sky News Australia viewer (It's Murdoch backed Propaganda). I'm on a lot more sites compared to just here and nothing good ever good comes out of Sky News Australia from what I read people say about it. I can't go into detail as it gets too political and a bit "murky" shall I say but it's bad enough as Fleet-lists points out it's opinion of the presenter and doesn't take much research to find just this out. It's also bad when some key figures are defenders of some sickening stuff but they can still be employed and keep sprouting whatever rubbish comes out of their mouth without any repercussion. As I've said before, if this was you at a different job and you said these kinds of sickening things you'd find yourself out the door quick smart.

How these people can call themselves "Journalists" & sleep easy at night is beyond me. Oh right they've got their $500,000 in the bank so no problems sleeping at night, as long as their dribble is spread and people suck it up without 2nd questioning it.

This is also why I hate election time (again not trying to get political but make my point) The media already has a picked side and it's easy to tell who that is (because various factors). It's no longer a story, it's propaganda. They want one side to look better than the other. This is also why I wish people would read more than just the headlines and would do research. If we did research I think the world we live in would be a very different place today.

Anyway again that's just my 2 cents on this matter.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Fleet Lists wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:24 pm Our whole news system has lost its direction.

I remember going to Sky News 20 years or more ago and they gave us the news of what happened WITHOUT the presenter imposing their personal opinion on it. Now all all we get is the personal opinion of the presenter.

And that is not confined ro Sky News.
EVERY news is biassed and perhaps they cannot help it a bit.
The only way I get ANY idea of the truth is to get left/right papers and watch Sky, ABC, DW, China news, Al Jazeera, PBS, French and German in english.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
MotorOmnibus8562

Its even gotten to the point where the news sites themselves have become guilliable:

A guilliable news site for a guilliable audience.

I remember (circa) a few weeks ago the Chaser made a petition to cancel fairy bread (it was a intentional joke) and the News Corp actually thought it was real news. It justs shows how guilliable the News industry has become where Even a joke like that makes headlines around the world because someone who works in the news industry can't understand the difference between a joke and something that is actually worth being on the news.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

+ Bus drivers who leave bus stops unreasonably early, making passengers miss the bus.

+ Bus drivers who are early, but go to slow holding up traffic behind them.

+ Passengers that think super wide prams are suitable for bus aisles, partly blocking the aisle.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Stairs in buses and being let out into a roadside drain.

Swift

Post by Swift »

That would be pretty stupid. You want them off without incident to ensure they're out if your life!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Time for me to mention it again because society lacks common sense but if you are going for a walk late at night, PLEASE wear high-visibility clothing. It is dangerous to be walking next to the road at night in unlit areas without high visibility clothing. The amount of people I come across going for late night walks without thinking of their own safety or others is too much.

On the topic of roads, was on my way to pick up a relative yesterday and just part way through my drive to the destination some tosser (what else do I call them?) in a 199(x) Toyota Landcruiser chucked their Maccas cup out the window. Hopefully my Dashcam picked that up as that is littering and I'm sure the EPA takes these matters seriously. Just imagine if It had been a cigarette instead.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Doing a northern beaches run one rainy day a young upstart woman in a white suit demanded I open the door and put on a real performance there was water all across the road I OPENED THE DOOR HEARD A SCREAM STOPED THE BUS ALL i saw was a head there was a open drain which was flooded & she fell straight down it a couple of passengers and my self lifted her out..............NO PLEASE OR THANK YOU she called the depot they played the video camera to her so left red faced & they charged her for my ruined shoes!BET she never demanded to be let of in between stops again!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Newcastle Flyer

ADD:

+ idiots that deliberately cough on you. This long haired lout does it because I asked him "Can you please cover your mouth when you cough."
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

Parents giving their kids unorthodox names. They always have a typical name themselves. Very selfish.
MotorOmnibus8562

The "No Mask Syndrome" I see on my bus to school with people not wearing masks, I'm usually the ONLY passenger on the bus that actually wears a mask, its driving me insane.

Nuff said.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Newcastle Flyer

^ At Swift, Charlestown has an mp called Richard Face.

^ MotorOmnibus8562, masks, except for Perth are only a choice now, though strongly recommended.
White lives matter too.
MotorOmnibus8562

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:36 pm ^ At Swift, Charlestown has an mp called Richard Face.

^ MotorOmnibus8562, masks, except for Perth are only a choice now, though strongly recommended.
Ooops :oops:

Should have said I live In Victoria: - still mandatory on public transport in Victoria:
https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/public-transport
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”